Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Highflyer

Learning c++

Rate this topic

21 minutes ago, Highflyer said:

Bismillah.

I would like to learn c++ can any one please tell me how long it takes to learn and also any resources to learn?

When it comes to computer languages the best practice is to learn them by doing practices and it can take time. I think the best way to start to learn is YouTube videos and some sites that offer basic c++ knowledge with practices. When I started to learn C#, I actually started from Game Programming with c# (I'm still doing it, because I'm interested in game development), because I can easily to understand why and how the properties of c# is used.

When you start to practice c++, the site like http://stackoverflow.com/ is very helpful!

Edited by Dhulfikar

If this is your first language then I would recommend something like Python or Java, C++ is not the easiest language for beginners since you will have to worry about things like memory management etc which is automatically managed in other languages.  There are relatively more ways to mess up when coding in C++ and it can take a long time to debug, but then again for those that want more control this is a bonus.

For game development, C# is nice for learning game logics and mechanics. But if you want to go for a professional top botch level or start your own company or approach the console industry, C++ is your only friend xD.

Btw, game artist here :).

Thankyou for your prompt reply, I was doing research from last 2 hours and found the reason I want to learn programming wont need c++ (I am a forex trader and I need mql4 language to be precise) and I also found good resource to learn from the mql4 website itself, so thank you.

I want to learn this language to make my manual system automated.

Edited by Highflyer