Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
kawther

Any Duas for height?

Rate this topic

Hi im Shia muslim and im 5'0. i really want to reach 5'6 and ive been asking Allah for this but i think im doing it wrong. I sometimes get depressed for being short. im only 14 and my growth is apperantly finished (my growth plates are closing) and im really sad that my sister is going to be taller than me and it just bothers me all the time. But i am thankful with what Allah has given me but i really want to grow taller. I hope you guys can help me.

Edited by Haji 2003

If I were you, I would talk to a doctor before it's too late.  They might be able to give you a growth hormone or something.  There is a particular amino acid, one of the side effects of which is giantism i.e. you could grow extremely tall if you take it but I can't remember which amnio acid it is.  Perhaps you could look it up.  If I find it I'll let you know.

To be short or tall is something to some extent out of control so you shouldn't be upset for that sort of things. God's creature is always the best one even though we don't like them that much.

اللَّهُ الَّذي جَعَلَ لَكُمُ الْأَرْضَ قَراراً وَ السَّماءَ بِناءً وَ صَوَّرَكُمْ فَأَحْسَنَ صُوَرَكُمْ وَ رَزَقَكُمْ مِنَ الطَّيِّباتِ ذلِكُمُ اللَّهُ رَبُّكُمْ فَتَبارَكَ اللَّهُ رَبُّ الْعالَمينَ 

Allah is He Who made the earth a resting place for you and the heaven a canopy, and He formed you, then perfected your forms, and He provided you with goodly things That is Allah, your Lord Blessed then is Allah, the Lord of the worlds(40:64)

It's not that always being tall be considered as a perfect advantage of one's appearance. And I'm pretty sure you with your height have some thing that your sister with her height doesn't have. 

Try to be the best with uncontrolled conditions of your life..

Salaam sister,

I think you shouldn't make a big deal out of it. There is a hadeeth from the Prophet s.a.w.a. and I want to extend it for you. The Prophet s.a.w.a. is narrated to have said,

الا لا فضل لعربيّ على عجمىّ و لا لعجمىّ على عربىّ و لا لأسود على أحمر، و لا لأحمر على اسود إلا بالتّقوى

"There is neither an advantage/superiority for a non-Arab over an Arab, nor for an Arab over a non-Arab, and not for a black over a red, nor for a red over a black, except for the taqwaa (God-wariness)"

Now, I want to extend the hadeeth:

"There is neither an advantage for a tall over a short, nor for the short over the tall, except for the taqwaa."

We have been taught by the ahl al-bayt a.s. to look at those lower than us in worldly issues. Do you prefer to be short, or to be tall and, God forbid, have a deformity?!

Peace!

5 hours ago, kawther said:

Hi im Shia muslim and im 5'0. i really want to reach 5'6 and ive been asking Allah for this but i think im doing it wrong. I sometimes get depressed for being short. im only 14 and my growth is apperantly finished (my growth plates are closing) and im really sad that my sister is going to be taller than me and it just bothers me all the time. But i am thankful with what Allah has given me but i really want to grow taller. I hope you guys can help me.

Boys growth plates close by 17-19. Still have time ... Go play basketball before it is too late XD

Oh , you are a She... even then, you still can get some more inches... XD shorties are cuter believe me , dont feel sad , you will always look younger than your sister!

Edited by Chaotic Muslem

5 hours ago, kawther said:

Salam Alaykum.

Bismillah.

First of all, you are only 14 years old. You are still growing till the age of Hmmm 21 I think. Second, you are sad because your sister is taller than you, that shows some sort of jealousy which God does not like. Last, but not least.. you can start doing pull ups and drink lots of milk...have your prayers on time and get rid of jealousy out of your heart, clean your heart INSHALLAH you will grow taller. God always answers prayers with a clean heart, with a helping heart, with a caring heart.

5 hours ago, Yasmin P said:

If I were you, I would talk to a doctor before it's too late.  They might be able to give you a growth hormone or something.  There is a particular amino acid, one of the side effects of which is giantism i.e. you could grow extremely tall if you take it but I can't remember which amnio acid it is.  Perhaps you could look it up.  If I find it I'll let you know.

Please do not encourage anyone to take growth hormones, their bad for you and they cause cancer. He is only 14 years old and he still have time to grow!

On 3/6/2016 at 10:36 PM, Chaotic Muslem said:

growth hormones cause cancer? 

No need worry about cancer.....the person probably won't live long enough due to the metabolic disturbances :coffee:

to the OP..... factors affecting height are

1.genetic determination

2.adequate diet

3.  chronic disease and stressful enviornment

4. growth affecting hormones (growth hormone,thyroid hormone, somatomedins etc)

Genes play a big role, If parents aren't tall it's highly unlikely the children would be tall. You should take a good diet and exercise. 

5 minutes ago, starlight said:

No need worry about cancer.....the person probably won't live long enough due to the metabolic disturbances :coffee:

to the OP..... factors affecting height are

1.genetic determination

2.adequate diet

3.  chronic disease and stressful enviornment

4. growth affecting hormones (growth hormone,thyroid hormone, somatomedins etc)

Genes play a big role, If parents aren't tall it's highly unlikely the children would be tall. You should take a good diet and exercise. 

kidding right?

Growth hormone is given to children , those who are shortie due to deficiency ..

Not advocating an over the counter stuff ... but the proper treatment should not cause any of the above 0.0

^ yes, it's mostly given to kids with serious growth hormone deficiency

Those who don't have deficiency but still chose to take it are asking for problems.

1 hour ago, Chaotic Muslem said:

growth hormones cause cancer? 

Abstract

The ability of GH, via its mediator peptide IGF-1, to influence regulation of cellular growth has been the focus of much interest in recent years. In this review, we will explore the association between GH and cancer. Available experimental data support the suggestion that GH/IGF-1 status may influence neoplastic tissue growth. Extensive epidemiological data exist that also support a link between GH/IGF-1 status and cancer risk. Epidemiological studies of patients with acromegaly indicate an increased risk of colorectal cancer, although risk of other cancers is unproven, and a long-term follow-up study of children deficient in GH treated with pituitary-derived GH has indicated an increased risk of colorectal cancer. Conversely, extensive studies of the outcome of GH replacement in childhood cancer survivors show no evidence of an excess of de novo cancers, and more recent surveillance of children and adults treated with GH has revealed no increase in observed cancer risk. However, given the experimental evidence that indicates GH/IGF-1 provides an anti-apoptotic environment that may favour survival of genetically damaged cells, longer-term surveillance is necessary; over many years, even a subtle alteration in the environmental milieu in this direction, although not inducing cancer, could result in acceleration of carcinogenesis. Finally, even if GH/IGF-1 therapy does result in a small increase in cancer risk compared to untreated patients with GH deficiency, it is likely that the eventual risk will be the same as the general population. Such a restoration to normality will need to be balanced against the known morbidity of untreated GH deficiency.

Interesting, thank you.  "Finally, even if GH/IGF-1 therapy does result in a small increase in cancer risk compared to untreated patients with GH deficiency, it is likely that the eventual risk will be the same as the general population.  Such a restoration to normality will need to be balanced aginst the known morbidity of untreated GH deficiency". 

Edited by Yasmin P
typo

4 hours ago, habib e najjaar said:

OP:

yes. Salawaat, then Ya Allah, make me tall. Salawaat.

BISMILLAH.

Allah HUMA SALIALLAH MOHAMMAD WA ALL E MOHAMMAD AF.

13 hours ago, kawther said:

Salam brother,

“Indeed, Allah will not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves.” -Quran [13:11]

See this link for more help in growing your height: http://www.livestrong.com/article/52792-vitamin-encourages-height-growth/

Also here is another link: http://www.nftips.com/2014/02/vitamins-and-minerals-to-increase-height.html

Edited by Enlightened Follower

Thank you for the comments and for the help, i actually never thought i would get any replys since I'm new on here, but like i said I am thankful for what Allah has given me, I was just wondering if its true that if i ask Allah for height increase, he would give it to me. Btw I am a girl not a boy.Ive been exercising regularly but I haven't grown a single cm. I still have hope though and I was wondering if there is any duas for this. Anyways Ramadan Kareem everyone!:)

Guest Mohammed A.

Assalamoaliukm. I hope everyone is doing good. First of all, you are only 14 and you can probably grow until you are 21years of age. Second you are 5'6 at 14 which is pretty tall for your age. But of course it's all up to Allah. Be patient and calm.

On 3/6/2016 at 4:17 AM, kawther said:

Hi im Shia Muslim and im 5'0. I really want to reach 5'6 and ive been asking Allah for this but I think im doing it wrong. I sometimes get depressed for being short. im only 14 and my growth is apperantly finished (my growth plates are closing) and im really sad that my sister is going to be taller than me and it just bothers me all the time. But I am thankful with what Allah has given me but I really want to grow taller. I hope you guys can help me.

Request human growth hormone and testosterone, there is also a device that breaks your legs and grows it over time . Nothing wrong with being short. Say alhamdilah. It may feel like a short coming in life ( no pun intended) be God has blessed you with shortness in height,  but it's your job to identify the blessings. God bless.

On 3/6/2016 at 11:43 AM, Ali_Hussain said:

Don't feel bad, 5'0 isn't that short for a woman, and you are still young, don't burden yourself thinking about ways getting taller.

As long as someone's legs reach the ground they're ok.

Guest ....

I am about 5’5/5’6 you really don’t want to be this height I would love to be 5ft as a Muslim girl there are so many more advantages being shorter then tall. 

29 minutes ago, Guest .... said:

I would love to be 5ft as a Muslim girl there are so many more advantages being shorter then tall. 

Umm... how come?