Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
ahlulbayt13

Namaz in the Car

Rate this topic

Salam Alaikum,

I wanted to know is it permissible to pray namaz while sitting down in the car? I am at school and sometimes its namaz time in the middle so is it okay if i go in the car and pray and then go back to class? 

It's better than not praying, but not ideal. Are you sure there is no place where you can get permission to pray and will not be disturbed?

Dear brother- May Allah swt bless you for your efforts.

For our question, if its a wajib salat, first try finding a place where you could pray salat. There may be an empty classroom, an empty coffee room, a corner in a gym or covered basketball court, under the stair case etc. where you could pray with standing, ruku and sujood.

But let's say you could not find one such place, then its perfectly fine to pray in the car. I've found back seat to be the best since you could at least sit straight and do right sajda.

For non-Wajob salat like Tahajjud, Nawail, Salat for Ziarat etc., you could definitely pray in a car out of compulsion like above or even without compulsion.

Yeah, ideally try and find a place.  I don't think it's permissible to do it just out of convenience, but it's probably ok out of necessity.  I tend to just pray when I get home, which might be worse than both options.

Another thing about doing it in the car is that it's not always possible to park facing the correct direction.