nino11

Ziyarat to Iraq - Need advice asap

Rate this topic

Salamalaikum,

Me and my family are hoping to go for ziyarat to Iraq making all 4 stops to Karbala, Najaf, Samarra and Khadimayn.

We are planning to go ideally without a package because that way we can stay where we like for as long as we like etc.

I know the visa process is a little complicated however we have found someone who charges £300 for 5 people to do the visas.

My questions are:

Do you know what airport is best to fly to from the UK? - Baghdad/Najaf.

What's the best way to communicate from Ziyarat to Ziyarat ? - coach/taxi.

Are there any suitable packages you're aware of leaving in the next month or so for 10+ days? - I've been quoted £1350 for 10 nights.

Any information would be highly appreciated. 

Thank you. :) 

:salam:

:sign_welcome:  to Shiachat.

I did this on my own and as well as a driver you need a fixer.

Also, I never used taxis off the street, my agent had a driver/car assigned to me.

The fixer is the person who deals with all the security people on your behalf and generally knows what to do where. The fixer can also speak your language, which not all taxi drivers can.

Perhaps you can find someone who'll do both roles.

Obviously you end up paying a premium when there are fewer people, because the same staff could have been working with a coachload. By the sound of the number of people in your party it looks to me as if you'll need a people carrier/minibus.

I'd always go for a vehicle larger than you really need, because it allows people to stretch their legs on the longer journeys and your luggage will likely accompany you - especially if you go open-jaw i.e. entering via Najaf and departing via Baghdad. This can be more expensive though.

Edited by Haji 2003

3 hours ago, nino11 said:

Salamalaikum,

Me and my family are hoping to go for ziyarat to Iraq making all 4 stops to Karbala, Najaf, Samarra and Khadimayn.

We are planning to go ideally without a package because that way we can stay where we like for as long as we like etc.

I know the visa process is a little complicated however we have found someone who charges £300 for 5 people to do the visas.

My questions are:

Do you know what airport is best to fly to from the UK? - Baghdad/Najaf.

What's the best way to communicate from Ziyarat to Ziyarat ? - coach/taxi.

Are there any suitable packages you're aware of leaving in the next month or so for 10+ days? - I've been quoted £1350 for 10 nights.

Any information would be highly appreciated. 

Thank you. :) 

najaf airport 

better and safer