Noah Jesus

Does anyone else suffer from social anxiety ?

Rate this topic

Salam Alaykum brothers and sisters

This is my first post on this website, hope I get great feed back from everyone else. Any ways...

Does anyone else suffer from social anxiety? 

I know my reason for suffering from this illness. It's feeling guilty for my past sins. I used to often let my self fall for sins since I was little and as I got older, I felt much more guilt for sinning which caused me to lose my self confidence and be afraid of people judging me. I would always seek Allah's forgiveness but than commit the same sins again and again and again. Except the margin of me committing that same sins widened from days to weeks to months. It's like when ever I commit those sins I feel sooo depressed that I would rather bury my self. I feel so ashamed for not keeping my promises with Allah. Now, Alhamdulliah I have stopped for a while and never intend to go back to my evil ways. But no matter how much I ask Allah for forgiveness I still have this lost self confidence which I don't know how to get back. My social anxiety grew bigger and bigger every time I would commit those same sins. But I still have this social anxiety in me. I feel like I am the only one who has it. I feel so alone and different.

But I don't want this to get in my way... if I am going to be a father soon I can't let this get in my way. I need to gain my full confidence by the will of Allah, I need to battle Shaytan. I just want to stay on the right path of the Ahlul-Bayt, live a humble, clean and good life. 

Please everyone pray for me that this illness can be taken down. I am really trying.

Peace 

:ws:

Don't ever forget that Allah is the most Merciful & always forgives His people, especially His believers. Every time you commit a certain sin, you feel shame & your conscious gives you a reason to stop committing such deeds. Write down the reasons so that next time you thing you might fall for it, recalling the reason might be able to save you. This is ones of the best ways to get rid of habits.

As for social anxiety, the more you risk it, the earlier you get rid of it. Also, don't care much about people. Even if you do something right, there will always be people who'll judge you wrong for it. Do something wrong, you'll still have supporters. Your actions must not be based on what other might think.

On February 23, 2016 at 11:07 PM, Noah Jesus said:

anxiety? 

A lot more people suffer from Social Anxiety Disorder then they'll admit to.

Trust me, there's a countless number of people worldwide that suffer from it the same as you do, if not worse.

Walaykum as salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu-

In short, yes.

There are moments where I contemplate why I should even exist. Not that I'm suicidal, but I do find myself in dark holes from time to time and there are days in which I just feel miserable about life. But, you have to keep saying "alhamdulillah", right? Can't be sad if it's all part of our destiny I've been told, but from me to you that's easier said than done.

I've learned to deal with some situations better than others, though. I'm in school, which means I'm forced to be in class, sometimes classes far too big for my comfort zone. I typically sit in front if I can. That way if I do have to speak, everyone is behind me and out of my view... it's like I don't even know they are there. Just the instructor and me. 

You have to look for the small victories. Sometimes they are the only things that keep you breathing.

@Noah Jesus 

Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful."

Surah Zumar; Ayah 53

Who are we to downplay the role of Allah (swt) in our forgiveness?

With such a hopeful and clear-cut Ayah...do not waste time dwelling on your past.

Life is so short as it is.