Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What is Tazir and where can one find services for it in the West?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Tazir is the punishment for the crimes for which nothing specifically mentioned in the Sharia. For instance the penalty for adulatory, homosexuality, murder are clearly mentioned which is called "Hodud" but for some other Haram acts there is nothing in the Shariah specifically mentioned.

It is upon Judge to be determined and should be issued by government.

I do not think there is any thing more than detention in western countries.

• Advanced Member

Bro, I think you got mixed up by our conversation with him. He wanted to know if he can pay someone to pray Qadha prayers, and how much it would cost to pay someone to do this and if there are services like this.

I think you mixed up cause we were speaking about tazir beforehand. 

Or what?

On 2/20/2016 at 10:25 PM, mahdi servant.01 said:

Tazir is the punishment for the crimes for which nothing specifically mentioned in the Sharia. For instance the penalty for adulatory, homosexuality, murder are clearly mentioned which is called "Hodud" but for some other Haram acts there is nothing in the Shariah specifically mentioned.

It is upon Judge to be determined and should be issued by government.

I do not think there is any thing more than detention in western countries.

The ulema, from what I have read, tend to seperate "Qisas" from "Hudud".

• Advanced Member
On 2/20/2016 at 11:48 PM, The Batman said:

Bro, I think you got mixed up by our conversation with him.

I have no idea of your conversation with him, Just to wanted to explain what OP asked.

On 2/20/2016 at 11:48 PM, The Batman said:

The ulema, from what I have read, tend to seperate "Qisas" from "Hudud".

Yes . That is true . and I made it in my explanation though.

Hudud are those that have certain penalty referred to in Shriah.

• Veteran Member

Yeah, both topics were mixed but we were having multiple conversations at the same time (we all know how fast chat sometimes goes xD!).

Honestly I advised the member to do it himself (not only the creation of the topic but the qadha salats xD!). The main question here is: if I pay someone who is dedicated to pray missed prayers of people, are we to consider those qadha prayers done even if this person scams us and doesn't pray them?

• Veteran Member
3 hours ago, Bakir said:

Yeah, both topics were mixed but we were having multiple conversations at the same time (we all know how fast chat sometimes goes xD!).

Honestly I advised the member to do it himself (not only the creation of the topic but the qadha salats xD!). The main question here is: if I pay someone who is dedicated to pray missed prayers of people, are we to consider those qadha prayers done even if this person scams us and doesn't pray them?

Yes, because if you don't know he lied to you, your part is done and the sin for the prayers will now be on the other person's head. 

• Advanced Member
On 2/21/2016 at 5:14 AM, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Salaam,

What is tazir and where can one get tazir performed on? Sorry for the terseness of this post. 

Salam Alaykum

To preserve general benefits of the community, the religious governor (known as "Hakem Shar') is able to put certain kind punishment upon a particular kind of sin (even though there is no specified punishment for that particular sin in Shari'a.) 

Various kinds of punishment such as prison, fine, beating with a whip and the like can be put so to prevent people from breaking a law or rule.

But the point about Tazir which is justified kind of punishment in Shari'a is that it can apply only when the Hakem Shar' (the religious authority of the community) is Mabsoot Al-yad which means it can be applied only when most people of the community submit to his authority. And I don't think we can find such condition in the west.

• Development Team
On 2/23/2016 at 9:17 AM, mostafaa said:

Salam Alaykum

To preserve general benefits of the community, the religious governor (known as "Hakem Shar') is able to put certain kind punishment upon a particular kind of sin (even though there is no specified punishment for that particular sin in Shari'a.) 

Various kinds of punishment such as prison, fine, beating with a whip and the like can be put so to prevent people from breaking a law or rule.

But the point about Tazir which is justified kind of punishment in Shari'a is that it can apply only when the Hakem Shar' (the religious authority of the community) is Mabsoot Al-yad which means it can be applied only when most people of the community submit to his authority. And I don't think we can find such condition in the west.

Thank you for going into more detail. You're right, it would be next to impossible to find in the West. Shukran, brother.