Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
hello91

what does the istikhara mean?

Rate this topic

salam aleikum beloved brothers and sisters... i have a question.

i made istikhara where my niya was if i should keep having sabr and wait for a guy when he is ready for marriage. right now he isn't ready neither with me or any girl. he stopped talking/writing to me, so now we no longer have contact with each other (he doesn't respond to my texts). he wants to finish college before he thinks about marriage. i made istikhara by using imam ali (as) method as in this one: you tube.com/watch?v=JG-r4sgxrVs (remove the space between u and t to watch the video). I got ف (Allah reunites him after separation). so what does that mean? is it positive? to me it sounds positive that i think it means that i will be with him after the "break" or something like that.

i hope for some answers. shukran for your time.

7 hours ago, hello91 said:

salam aleikum beloved brothers and sisters... i have a question.

i made istikhara where my niya was if i should keep having sabr and wait for a guy when he is ready for marriage. right now he isn't ready neither with me or any girl. he stopped talking/writing to me, so now we no longer have contact with each other (he doesn't respond to my texts). he wants to finish college before he thinks about marriage. i made istikhara by using imam ali (as) method as in this one: you tube.com/watch?v=JG-r4sgxrVs (remove the space between u and t to watch the video). I got ف (Allah reunites him after separation). so what does that mean? is it positive? to me it sounds positive that i think it means that i will be with him after the "break" or something like that.

i hope for some answers. shukran for your time.

it doesnt actually answer the question that you wanted to ask, God is telling you something else here, that the person will be reunited after separation , you made your intention about the character of this person without realizing it , and that is the response you got , i hope i dont have to spell it out for you 

so the answer you got about being patient , the response you got from God is "up to you" meaning you can wait or you can forget him, as God outlines his path to you and what will be his future, meaning one day eventually he will be open for marriage, but right now he is going through the "separation" part 

the question you should have asked is not "should i wait" but rather "is it khair to marry this guy" then you would have got the response you needed which would be the kind of response your looking for 

when you do istikhara you need to ask the correct questions, otherwise you will not get definite answers 

Edited by neverforgotten313

can you give an example of the kind of "separation" he could go through?

i just made istikhara with a tasbih and my niya was if there is khair to marry him, and i got "do what you want". i also used the imam ali (as) method again with the same niya, and i got "‎هـ = His matter will stop for a bit but its consequences are good" which makes no sense to me.