Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Sawa

My Shia friends do you ever have a hard time in your faith in Islam.

Rate this topic

:salam:

I am a Sunni Muslim, more or less, but in many times I have a hard time having faith in Islam. I have no problem with Salat, I believe in Zakat , I believe in the shahada, the haji, and fasting during ramadan. Religion to me should be something that connects you closer to god. That is why I like learning about the different sufi Saints and figures, to me they have a great connection to Allah and are inspirational.  

But a lot of other things I have a problem. I have a hard time being interested in relating the history of islam to my life. Like I look at the different pages of this forum and I have a hard time in being interested in the fitnah that happened after the death of the prophet. There are many examples I can follow from the sahaba and the family of the prophet and others I should not follow, I do not believe in following or taking every hadith as 100 % truth and there are certain parts of the Quran that sometimes trouble me. I also have a hard time in my faith in Allah, with all the horrible things happening in the world in the name of groups like daesh and different horrible clerics, and all the suffering and injustice people face everywhere.

I also have a hard time following the sunnah of the prophet. I am a college student here in the US and a good number of my friends here are non Muslim and I hang out with them and I have fun with them and they do not care if i wear a hijab or anything and I do not believe my life gets worse if I go to a club, or  bar and hang out or if i listen to music, even if i drink which I've done and some other things that I know both shia and sunni consider haram. Nor do i believe Allah will punish me for this. Sorry for my sort of rambling question and statement but I want to know why should a person follow a sect or try to strive to be orthodox in following Islam, can you shia tell me. And I mean no offense by anything in this question

8 minutes ago, Sawa said:

I am a Sunni Muslim, more or less, but in many times I have a hard time having faith in Islam. I have no problem with Salat, I believe in Zakat , I believe in the shahada, the haji, and fasting during ramadan. Religion to me should be something that connects you closer to god. That is why I like learning about the different sufi Saints and figures, to me they have a great connection to Allah and are inspirational.  

But a lot of other things I have a problem. I have a hard time being interested in relating the history of islam to my life. Like I look at the different pages of this forum and I have a hard time in being interested in the fitnah that happened after the death of the prophet. There are many examples I can follow from the sahaba and the family of the prophet and others I should not follow, I do not believe in following or taking every hadith as 100 % truth and there are certain parts of the Quran that sometimes trouble me. I also have a hard time in my faith in Allah, with all the horrible things happening in the world in the name of groups like daesh and different horrible clerics, and all the suffering and injustice people face everywhere.

I also have a hard time following the sunnah of the prophet. I am a college student here in the US and a good number of my friends here are non Muslim and I hang out with them and I have fun with them and they do not care if i wear a hijab or anything and I do not believe my life gets worse if I go to a club, or  bar and hang out or if i listen to music, even if i drink which I've done and some other things that I know both shia and sunni consider haram. Nor do i believe Allah will punish me for this. Sorry for my sort of rambling question and statement but I want to know why should a person follow a sect or try to strive to be orthodox in following Islam, can you shia tell me. And I mean no offense by anything in this question

from my own experience of people i have dealt with , when somebody has the mindset that you describe , truth is that no matter what we say you will end up doing what you believe in which you have clearly stated 

maybe you might agree to something somebody else says and even change your mind, but the problem is that when tomorrow you wake up and  a new day starts and what you "enjoy" presents itself to you, chances are your going to forget everything that was said the night before and go back to indulging in it 

you should see the world around you in the darkness or light that they are in , if you dont see alcohol or clubbing as a bad thing, then how can anyone conceive you of it? thats the truth and in the end it all comes back down to you

matter of fact now, Islam is a struggle , its not easy to be a Muslim, especially in this day and age , the mentality of people and those around them very quickly influence people, but you need to be strong 

but before you even fight it, you must choose to fight it , you must say i dont want to do this because it is haram and resist it, otherwise words are just words , and will not affect you but for a slight moment 

Develop a personal relationship with Allah. All our lives we try looking in the wrong places, searching for things which are very simple. In the lone of the night, stand before him and pray that He Help you, and my brother HE DOES. Trust me. Great Ayotullah Bahjet (May Allah bestow His mercy on him) said: "Do ACT on things you ALREADY KNOW, and God will Teach you about things you DONT know."

Asking from other mortal beings isn't going to help you as much as asking THE ONE WHO CREATED THOSE BEINGS. Peace brother.

1 hour ago, Sawa said:

I am a Sunni Muslim, more or less, but in many times I have a hard time having

Salam

welcome to SC;

It sounds typical. For youth this is always the problem. when they reach the age of youth they will come up with such questions and prefer to more experience and feel the joy of being with Allah and bonded with spirituality than practicing some tough and strict regulations.

But make sure there is no way except finding the best school of thought which provide you with the best program leading you to the wonderful success.

The problem with us is that when we want to gain a kind of physical achievements like losing weight etc we do go after the best programs and diets to have it as soon and safe as possible but when we come to have the same result with our spirituality we prefer to have it out of blue! I hope you don't mind it but this the reality with all of us!!

ok. we have heard that there is an infinite pleasure in obedience to Allah but we never believe in that unless it happens to us in the beginning.

My advice to you: a sacred feeling you have do not let it fade by the passage of the time or you would live your life as a passive Muslim.

1 hour ago, Sawa said:

:ws:

Coming from a Sunni to Shia revert, I just want you to know that the major teachings are the same on both sides. It doesn't really matter which sects you belong to, you will have the follow almost the same things.

There's no need to relate the history of Islam with your life. You need to know why you follow a certain religion, how it came into being & what were the circumstances etc. You can learn a lot from the history & trust me, you will find it really interesting.

As for knowing about the Fitnah after the Prophet (pbuh) passed away, is to know what was right & what was wrong. How did the Muslims behave after the Prophet (pbuh) passed away so that you can judge the companions of the Prophet (pbuh) & make the decision in who to follow.

There's no doubt that one shouldn't believe that all the narrations are completely true since no other book except the Qur'aan is authentic since it is under the protection of Allah himself.

Just because there's bad happening in the world, doesn't mean you lose hope & wonder why Allah isn't doing anything. This world is nothing but an examination hall for all of us where Allah has provided us with the answers as well. For the amount of time we are here, Allah has given everyone free will. Everyone will be judged in the afterlife & the wrong doers will be punished! Whatever happens here will never go unanswered.

Same goes for the Muslims who do not follow the commands of Allah. Even though your friends are Non Muslims, if they are Christians/Jews, they believe in the same God as you do. Just because they aren't following their own religion doesn't mean you do the same. All of us will be judged in the afterlife. The Qur'aan tells us that we will have to be accountable for even the minutest of the sin we do. Just because Allah doesn't punish His creation in this world doesn't mean they are all forgiven. Even this has been discussed in the Qur'aan that do people think they will not be tested?

I don't know what your age is but teenagers usually don't care what religion the other person belongs to & neither do your friends. Your friends will not be there for you in the afterlife to save you anyway. One of the things you can do is, either make Muslim friends or spend more time on this forum to learn more about Islam & inshaAllah we will be here to help you out.

As for the sects, the main reason why Muslims choose sects are the different sets of beliefs among different sects. I myself used to be a Sunni like I mentioned above & became a Shia after researching about it. Though, I consider myself nothing more than a Muslim. This is because whatever Shi'ism has taught me makes sense & is logical. Although there are some of the things I agree with the Sunnis on but not most. Like I said before, there isn't much difference between the two sects anyway.

If I was unclear somewhere in between, you can ask me to rephrase it for you. if I said anything wrong to offend you, plz forgive me & if you have any questions, you can ask.

Salam,

1. To answer your query in short, i think any religion is hard to fully understand and come to terms with and not only Islam. I think the fundamental concept of religion is to make you sacrifice and save you for the afterlife, kind of like a exam, where one would "study now party later". 2. Beside the Quran, many hadis can be fabricated and altered. 3. Remember deash, al qaeda, taliban they are a current phenomena, islam has been around thousands of years and gave the world many technology "islamic golden age" etc. 

Edited by Caliguy

3 hours ago, Sawa said:

we dont do bad stuff just beacuse of it is haram in islam . its basic  morals which sometimes even a non muslim knows better than a "muslim". you drink and do other stuff and what good does it brings to you other than harming you and destroying your own future ?     *facepalm*

Wa Aleykum Salam Sister.

Part of the reasons why some decent muslims are orthodox in following islam is because of their strong belief in yawm al-hisaab (day of accountability) which is among the articles of faith in islam.

The fact is that, it is normal for us, as humans to make tons of mistakes an errs in our day to day activities because we weren't created to be perfect... however, our God gave us conscience and ability to think which makes it apparent for us to be able to differentiate right from wrong. This makes it compulsory for us as muslims to assert caution in whatever we do in life.

Again, for any muslim who understood the rationale behind accountability, the negative perception of a third party would never be enough to influence him/her in matters concerning him and his God.

Dear sister:

In addition to a lots of good advice above, I would like to add a bit. 

Besides Islam, besides religion, besides any orthodoxy or dogma, come to basic human decency. 

When you go clubbing, you see a lots of manipulation of people against each other, you see lots of self centered at the expense of others greed, corruption, faux accents, behaviors and such. All in the name of free will. Free will was given to us to become a better human and to chose between good and evil, and not to be free to live like a pig or a wild dog; Assess if you see any decency in this?

Also when people sleep with each other crazy, does it not feel like you are demeaning yourself, her/him, and everybody else around you. Were we created for the sexual pleasure of each other? Is this even decent just based on human level?

Now to answer your question; Yes living Islam is a bit of struggle, but not as much as people think it to be. A little bit of adversity, a bit of challenge, a bit of uphill is actually which makes us going. Imagine someone getting a lifetime free pass for the movies as soon as they hit the theaters. In a few months, that person will loose all interest in the movies. Human conscience is not meant to be satisfied with the abundance of material or fulfillment of desires. Human heart is filled with contentment with lowering herself in front of her one and only God.

Search "Ammar Nakshwani" on youtube, search for his lectures on Islam, the division that occurred in Islam, its causes, where these daesh and ISIS coming from, why only Sunni branch produces all these terrorist murderous filth centuries over centuries and such. 

Once you find the truth, stick to it and let go of yourself in the stream. 

1 hour ago, Irfani313 said:

Dear sister:

In addition to a lots of good advice above, I would like to add a bit. 

Besides Islam, besides religion, besides any orthodoxy or dogma, come to basic human decency. 

When you go clubbing, you see a lots of manipulation of people against each other, you see lots of self centered at the expense of others greed, corruption, faux accents, behaviors and such. All in the name of free will. Free will was given to us to become a better human and to chose between good and evil, and not to be free to live like a pig or a wild dog; Assess if you see any decency in this?

Also when people sleep with each other crazy, does it not feel like you are demeaning yourself, her/him, and everybody else around you. Were we created for the sexual pleasure of each other? Is this even decent just based on human level?

Now to answer your question; Yes living Islam is a bit of struggle, but not as much as people think it to be. A little bit of adversity, a bit of challenge, a bit of uphill is actually which makes us going. Imagine someone getting a lifetime free pass for the movies as soon as they hit the theaters. In a few months, that person will loose all interest in the movies. Human conscience is not meant to be satisfied with the abundance of material or fulfillment of desires. Human heart is filled with contentment with lowering herself in front of her one and only God.

Search "Ammar Nakshwani" on youtube, search for his lectures on Islam, the division that occurred in Islam, its causes, where these daesh and ISIS coming from, why only Sunni branch produces all these terrorist murderous filth centuries over centuries and such. 

Once you find the truth, stick to it and let go of yourself in the stream. 

now thats good! i love what you said here

Salam

Something to think about, is that people in the past, when they oppressed other nations like the natives in North America and South America, and other nations, they didn't think much of their deeds as well.  People exploited other nations and they don't think much of it.

Everyone is blinded by the extension of the Taghut in their time and place. People who did all sorts of deeds in the past, we now look upon them, and we see what they did was wrong.

When the world is guided all by God and his chosen ones, they will be enlightened and see things we don't see.

At this time, what we may consider ok because it's popular, they will see it's evil, just like we look in the past, and see evils that we don't accept.

For example it was not too long ago then blacks weren't allowed to sit in the front of buses in US. We look back and we see it's wrong.

This is why the world is in need of guidance from God and Guides who manifest that guidance without crookedness in it.

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 0:06 PM, Sawa said:

........ and I have fun with them and they do not care if i wear a hijab or anything and I do not believe my life gets worse if I go to a club, or  bar and hang out or if i listen to music, even if i drink which I've done and some other things that I know both shia and sunni consider haram. Nor do i believe Allah will punish me for this.                

'Nor do I believe Allah will punish me for this' - was that a typo?

If not, a good place to start would be to believe in the Word of God for what it is regardless of whether you choose to follow or not. Sins are punishable without a doubt, its an undisputed universal truth. My personal take is, you will never be happy if happiness is a measure lacking purpose. We don't need religion alone to inform us of the damages of drugs, drinking, clubbing, fornication, idle talking, wasting time, etc. Even an ethical atheist understands good from bad and the decent peeps will keep a distance from such mockery.

So I have to believe you are capable of knowing right from wrong. What it falls down to is choice. You either choose to be weak allowing the world to shape you or you shape yourself in favour of a higher order.