Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
anonymike

Shia view of ad dajjal

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

As salamu alaikum,

 

I believe the shia view of dajjal is a "system". While the sunni version of ad dajjal is a person. Does this mean that shia believe everything sunni believe about dajjal to be false. Why cant it be both?

 

Also if the dajjal system is here now, doesnt that mean we are in the last 10 major signs or no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

W A Salaam,

Dajjaal is an Arabic term, meaning extremely liar and hypocrite. Dajjaal is a source of deception, inviting people toward himself and making the go astray from the right path. The appearance of Dajjal has been deemed in the hadeeth collections as one of the signs taking place before the Day of Judgement.

Concerning Dajjaal, there are two primary viewpoints among the Shi'a scholars:

1. Dajjaal is a person whose name-Saa'id bin Saa'id-has been mentioned in the hadith collections, in addition to a number of personal descriptions about him. Some of these descriptions are as follows:

a. he is a fat man

b. with red curly hair

c. not having the right eye

d. with his left eye shining on his forehead

2. Some Shi'a scholars believe that Dajjaal is not a person, rather, it is a system that deceives people and make the go away from the right path. In other words, Dajjaal is a general title for any person or system of thought that has the descriptions of Dajjaal.

Peace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, sadegh said:

W A Salaam,

Dajjaal is an Arabic term, meaning extremely liar and hypocrite. Dajjaal is a source of deception, inviting people toward himself and making the go astray from the right path. The appearance of Dajjal has been deemed in the hadeeth collections as one of the signs taking place before the Day of Judgement.

Concerning Dajjaal, there are two primary viewpoints among the Shi'a scholars:

1. Dajjaal is a person whose name-Saa'id bin Saa'id-has been mentioned in the hadith collections, in addition to a number of personal descriptions about him. Some of these descriptions are as follows:

a. he is a fat man

b. with red curly hair

c. not having the right eye

d. with his left eye shining on his forehead

2. Some Shi'a scholars believe that Dajjaal is not a person, rather, it is a system that deceives people and make the go away from the right path. In other words, Dajjaal is a general title for any person or system of thought that has the descriptions of Dajjaal.

Peace

Well we dont know if this person has appeared yet. The dajjal system is true though, but if that was the major sign of the end times, then we are in the major signs of the end times, which means door of repentence closed right? Or is that only a sunni belief?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, anonymike said:

Well we dont know if this person has appeared yet. The dajjal system is true though, but if that was the major sign of the end times, then we are in the major signs of the end times, which means door of repentence closed right? Or is that only a sunni belief?

The appearance of Dajjaal is one of the necessary signs taking place before the Day of Judgement, however, it is not a major sign in the sense that the 'gate of repentance' gets closed after its occurrence.

It has been mentioned in the hadeeths that Dajjaal will have no harm to the believers (mu'mins)

There are verses in the Holy Qur'an indicating to the notion of the 'gate of repentance' being closed in certain circumstances. One of such verses is the following:

يَوْمَ يَأْتي‏ بَعْضُ آياتِ رَبِّكَ لا يَنْفَعُ نَفْساً إيمانُها لَمْ تَكُنْ آمَنَتْ مِنْ قَبْلُ أَوْ كَسَبَتْ في‏ إيمانِها خیرا

"...The day when some of your Lord's signs come, faith shall not benefit any soul that had not believed beforehand and had not earned some goodness in its faith..." [6:158]

The signs of Allah s.w.t. in such verses-after which the 'gate of repentance' is closed-are the signs that no one can deny, and there in no way to escape from them, even for the insistent disbelievers. One of such signs, as Allama Tabaatabaa'i r.a. mentions, is death. Every human being, when reaching the state of death and encountered with the Angels of Allah s.w.t., realizes the truth and wants to accept it, but for the disbelievers, it is too late to repent!

Another sign, also as Allamah points out, is the special punishments of Allah s.w.t. in this world, like the one happened to Fir'awn and his people, after which he wanted to repent, but he was told:

آلْآنَ وَ قَدْ عَصَيْتَ قَبْلُ وَ كُنْتَ مِنَ الْمُفْسِدين

" What! Now? When you have been disobedient heretofore and were among the agents of corruption?!" [10:91]

As far as I know, Dajjaal is not in this category of signs, unless it appears as a person and in a way like the above-mentioned signs.

Peace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bismillah.

Salaam.

 

One of the signs of the reappearance of Imam Mahdi (as) [1] is the coming of the “Dajjal”. According to Arabic literature experts, any liar and trickster can be called a dajjal.

Different unusual traits have been related to him in hadiths (in which are mostly found in Sunni sources), namely: he falsely claims his lordship [2], is high in age [3], along with him is fire and water [4], he cures the blind and those suffering from leprosy [5].

The commander of the faithful, Imam Ali (as) was busy delivering a sermon when he repeated three times: “Ask me (all that you need) before you lose me.” A righteous individual by the name of Sa’sa’ah ibn Sawhan stood up and asked: “Oh commander of the faithful! Who is the Dajjal?”

In response to this question, Imam Ali (as) replied: “Be aware that the (name) of the dajjal is Sa’ed ibnul-Sa’ed. The unfortunate one is he who acknowledges and accepts him, and the fortunate being the one who rejects him. He will emerge from a place called “Isbahan”, from an area which is known to be the area of the Jews. His right eye is shut, bearing no eyeball.

His other eye is in his forehead, shining so brightly that it resembles the morning star in brightness. In his eye there is a piece of meat that seems to have mixed with some blood and on his forehead, in between the two eyes, it has been written “Kafir” in a way that every literate and illiterate person can read. He travels over the oceans and the sun accompanies him. In front of him, there is a mountain of smoke and behind him there is a white one that people perceive to be food. He will appear during a very hard drought. He will be riding a dark or green donkey. Every step this donkey takes is equal to one mil (mile). He will travel and go here and there on earth. Every water source or spring that he crosses will turn and remain dry till the Day of Judgment. He will shout with a voice heard by all in the East and the West saying: “Come to me, Oh friends and followers of mine!” I (am a God) who has created, who has created the faces, has measured every persons portion (of sustenance), and is your guide. I am the exalted Lord!” He is a liar! He is Allah’s (swt) enemy...and in the end he will eventually be killed by the one Isa (pbuh) prays behind (Imam Mahdi (as))”. [6]

As for who the dajjal really is, one can't reach a definite conclusion, but in a nutshell, it can be said there are several possibilities regarding this matter:

1) The dajjal is a true person that does extraordinary things using witchcraft and magic that will appear at the end of time. He will be the head of a great trouble-making that will take place for all of mankind. As the literal meaning of dajjal suggests, he is a user of witchcraft and a trouble-making individual with many materialistic facilities and capabilities. Some hadiths name him “the messiah of misguidance” which is the opposite of “the messiah of guidance”, meaning Prophet Isa (pbuh).

During the reappearance of Imam Mahdi (as), he will begin to work against him. He is of those who have long lives and is and will remain alive until the day he appears. He will take over the whole world expect for Makkah and Madinah. [7]

2) Iblis or Satan is the dajjal.

3) The Sufyani  is the dajjal.

4) The dajjal has a symbolic and secret side to it (and isn't a true person):

“The dajjal symbolizes the highest levels of civilization, culture and Western technology that are in conflict with Islam and its principles; a culture that tries to conquer and enslave all. We can clearly see today how the West’s materialist culture and technology has taken over all societies today, even Muslim ones…” [8]

For further reading:

Dajjal, Dorughguye Faribandeh, Maw’ud Magazine, no.4.

 


[1] Of course this sign has been counted as one of the signs of the Day of Judgement (Sunan Tirmidi, vol.4, pp.507-519; Sunan Abi-Dawud, vol.4, pg.115; Sahih Muslim, vol.18, pp.46 and 81), yet in Shia hadith sources it has been counted as one of the signs of the nearness of the Day of Judgment (Biharul-Anwar, vol.6, pg.296, chapter 1 (The signs of the hour (Day of Judgment) and the story of Ya’juj) and also the signs of the reappearance of Imam Mahdi (as). There is no problem in this sign being both the sign of the Day of Judgment and the reappearance of Imam Mahdi (as), because his reappearance is one of the signs of the end of time and the Day of Judgment.

[2] Sunan Ibn Majah, vol.2, pg. 1360.

[3] Sahih Muslim, vol.8, pg. 205.

[4] Sahih Bukhari, vol.8, pg. 103.

[5] Musnad Ahmad, vol.5, pg. 13.

[6] Lotfollah Safi, Muntakhabul-Athar, Chapter 3, pg. 532, hadith 8.

In some hadiths it has been stated that he will eventually be killed by Prophet Isa (pbuh) (Biharul-Anwar, vol.14, pg.348, chapter 24) or it has been stated that he will be killed by Prophet Isa (pbuh) at a gate in Sham. For further information, see: Biharul-Anwar, vol.52, pp. 193 and 209; Kamaluddin, 525 and 526; Kashful-Ghummah, vol.3, pg.281; Al-Masa’ilul-Ashr, printed in the works of Sheikh Tusi, vol.3, pg. 122; Irshad, vol.2, pg. 371; Kanzul-Ummal, vol.14, pp. 198-200.

Of course, there is no conflict between these two statements that Prophet Isa (pbuh) is one of those who takes orders from Imam Mahdi (as) and one can relate the doing of a soldier to his commander.

[7] Al-Faqih, vol.2, pg. 564, the chapter on the respect and virtue of Medinah; Tahdhib, vol.6, pg. 12, chapter 5, The respect and virtue of Medinah.

[8] Seyyid Muhammad Sadiq, Tarikh ma badal-Dhuhur, pp. 141 and 142. Quoted and obtained from: Ali Asghar Rizvani, Maw’ud Shenasi, pg. 533.

Source: http://www.islamquest.net/en

 

With Duas.

Narsis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, narsis said:

Bismillah.

Salaam.

 

One of the signs of the reappearance of Imam Mahdi (as) [1] is the coming of the “Dajjal”. According to Arabic literature experts, any liar and trickster can be called a dajjal.

Different unusual traits have been related to him in hadiths (in which are mostly found in Sunni sources), namely: he falsely claims his lordship [2], is high in age [3], along with him is fire and water [4], he cures the blind and those suffering from leprosy [5].

The commander of the faithful, Imam Ali (as) was busy delivering a sermon when he repeated three times: “Ask me (all that you need) before you lose me.” A righteous individual by the name of Sa’sa’ah ibn Sawhan stood up and asked: “Oh commander of the faithful! Who is the Dajjal?”

In response to this question, Imam Ali (as) replied: “Be aware that the (name) of the dajjal is Sa’ed ibnul-Sa’ed. The unfortunate one is he who acknowledges and accepts him, and the fortunate being the one who rejects him. He will emerge from a place called “Isbahan”, from an area which is known to be the area of the Jews. His right eye is shut, bearing no eyeball.

His other eye is in his forehead, shining so brightly that it resembles the morning star in brightness. In his eye there is a piece of meat that seems to have mixed with some blood and on his forehead, in between the two eyes, it has been written “Kafir” in a way that every literate and illiterate person can read. He travels over the oceans and the sun accompanies him. In front of him, there is a mountain of smoke and behind him there is a white one that people perceive to be food. He will appear during a very hard drought. He will be riding a dark or green donkey. Every step this donkey takes is equal to one mil (mile). He will travel and go here and there on earth. Every water source or spring that he crosses will turn and remain dry till the Day of Judgment. He will shout with a voice heard by all in the East and the West saying: “Come to me, Oh friends and followers of mine!” I (am a God) who has created, who has created the faces, has measured every persons portion (of sustenance), and is your guide. I am the exalted Lord!” He is a liar! He is Allah’s (swt) enemy...and in the end he will eventually be killed by the one Isa (pbuh) prays behind (Imam Mahdi (as))”. [6]

As for who the dajjal really is, one can't reach a definite conclusion, but in a nutshell, it can be said there are several possibilities regarding this matter:

1) The dajjal is a true person that does extraordinary things using witchcraft and magic that will appear at the end of time. He will be the head of a great trouble-making that will take place for all of mankind. As the literal meaning of dajjal suggests, he is a user of witchcraft and a trouble-making individual with many materialistic facilities and capabilities. Some hadiths name him “the messiah of misguidance” which is the opposite of “the messiah of guidance”, meaning Prophet Isa (pbuh).

During the reappearance of Imam Mahdi (as), he will begin to work against him. He is of those who have long lives and is and will remain alive until the day he appears. He will take over the whole world expect for Makkah and Madinah. [7]

2) Iblis or Satan is the dajjal.

3) The Sufyani  is the dajjal.

4) The dajjal has a symbolic and secret side to it (and isn't a true person):

“The dajjal symbolizes the highest levels of civilization, culture and Western technology that are in conflict with Islam and its principles; a culture that tries to conquer and enslave all. We can clearly see today how the West’s materialist culture and technology has taken over all societies today, even Muslim ones…” [8]

For further reading:

Dajjal, Dorughguye Faribandeh, Maw’ud Magazine, no.4.

 


[1] Of course this sign has been counted as one of the signs of the Day of Judgement (Sunan Tirmidi, vol.4, pp.507-519; Sunan Abi-Dawud, vol.4, pg.115; Sahih Muslim, vol.18, pp.46 and 81), yet in Shia hadith sources it has been counted as one of the signs of the nearness of the Day of Judgment (Biharul-Anwar, vol.6, pg.296, chapter 1 (The signs of the hour (Day of Judgment) and the story of Ya’juj) and also the signs of the reappearance of Imam Mahdi (as). There is no problem in this sign being both the sign of the Day of Judgment and the reappearance of Imam Mahdi (as), because his reappearance is one of the signs of the end of time and the Day of Judgment.

[2] Sunan Ibn Majah, vol.2, pg. 1360.

[3] Sahih Muslim, vol.8, pg. 205.

[4] Sahih Bukhari, vol.8, pg. 103.

[5] Musnad Ahmad, vol.5, pg. 13.

[6] Lotfollah Safi, Muntakhabul-Athar, Chapter 3, pg. 532, hadith 8.

In some hadiths it has been stated that he will eventually be killed by Prophet Isa (pbuh) (Biharul-Anwar, vol.14, pg.348, chapter 24) or it has been stated that he will be killed by Prophet Isa (pbuh) at a gate in Sham. For further information, see: Biharul-Anwar, vol.52, pp. 193 and 209; Kamaluddin, 525 and 526; Kashful-Ghummah, vol.3, pg.281; Al-Masa’ilul-Ashr, printed in the works of Sheikh Tusi, vol.3, pg. 122; Irshad, vol.2, pg. 371; Kanzul-Ummal, vol.14, pp. 198-200.

Of course, there is no conflict between these two statements that Prophet Isa (pbuh) is one of those who takes orders from Imam Mahdi (as) and one can relate the doing of a soldier to his commander.

[7] Al-Faqih, vol.2, pg. 564, the chapter on the respect and virtue of Medinah; Tahdhib, vol.6, pg. 12, chapter 5, The respect and virtue of Medinah.

[8] Seyyid Muhammad Sadiq, Tarikh ma badal-Dhuhur, pp. 141 and 142. Quoted and obtained from: Ali Asghar Rizvani, Maw’ud Shenasi, pg. 533.

Source: http://www.islamquest.net/en

 

With Duas.

Narsis.

What is sufyani?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, anonymike said:

What is sufyani?

Bismillah.

Salaam.

One of the signs of Imam Mahdi's Dhuhur is the appearance of the one named Sofyani. [1] The ahadith mention that the Sofyani is among the descendants of Utbah Ibn Abi Sofyan and that he is an evil person. [2] The Sofyani which is one of the enemies of Imam Mahdi will rise against him but will be swallowed by the earth by Allah’s (swt) decree along with his followers in a place named "Beyda" (which today is located in Yemen or between Mecca and Medinah). [3]

More read:

http://www.islamquest.net/en/archive/question/3827

http://www.islamquest.net/en/archive/question/fa7456

 


[1] Al-Kafi, vol. 8, pg. 310, hadith 483.

[2] [الغیبة للشیخ الطوسی‏] رَوَى حَذْلَمُ بْنُ بَشِیرٍ قَالَ قُلْتُ لِعَلِیِّ بْنِ الْحُسَیْنِ صِفْ لِی خُرُوجَ الْمَهْدِیِّ وَ عَرِّفْنِی دَلَائِلَهُ وَ عَلَامَاتِهِ فَقَالَ یَکُونُ قَبْلَ خُرُوجِهِ خُرُوجُ رَجُلٍ یُقَالُ لَهُ " عَوْفٌ السُّلَمِیُّ بِأَرْضِ الْجَزِیرَةِ وَ یَکُونُ مَأْوَاهُ تَکْرِیتَ وَ قَتْلُهُ بِمَسْجِدِ دِمَشْقَ ثُمَّ یَکُونُ خُرُوجُ شُعَیْبِ بْنِ صَالِحٍ مِنْ سَمَرْقَنْدَ ثُمَّ یَخْرُجُ السُّفْیَانِیُّ الْمَلْعُونُ مِنَ الْوَادِی الْیَابِس وَ هُوَ مِنْ وُلْدِ عُتْبَةَ بْنِ أَبِی سُفْیَانَ فَإِذَا ظَهَرَ السُّفْیَانِیُّ اخْتَفَى الْمَهْدِیُّ ثُمَّ یَخْرُجُ بَعْدَ ذَلِکَ"

[3] Bihārul-Anwar, vol. 52, pg. 252, hadith 142; Ali Asghar Rezvani, Mo’ud Shenasi, pg. 524.

 

With Duas.

Narsis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...