Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
LabaikYaHussein

How to respond

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

the prophet (pbuh) did not fold his hands in prayer- umar saw a delegation of diplomats, either from persia or china (i forget which) and as a sign of respect to him they bowed their hands and folded their hands, umar thought that would be a good way to show respect towards Allah (swt) so he included it as part of the sunni namaz. 

since shias reject anything and everything he instigated they carry on reading namaz the way maula ali (as) did, hence the way the prophet (pbuh) did

Condemnation of folding the arms

We read in Holy Quran:

009.067

YUSUFALI: "The Hypocrites, men and women, (have an understanding) with each other: They enjoin evil, and forbid what is just, and are close with their hands. They have forgotten Allah; so He hath forgotten them. Verily the Hypocrites are rebellious and perverse."

This verse stipulates that closing the hands is the sign of a hypocrite and they are condemned in connection with this act. If the hypoctite hadn’t closed his hands Allah (swt) would not have condemned him, hence such an act cannot be incoprprated into an act of worship. When Allah (swt) condemns the closing of hands, then he would not incoprpare this same act into the great act of worship, Salat. The verse is of general application, and is not restricted to a specific individual. At no other times have there been any orders to close the arms such as when conducting, Hajj, giving Zakat, participating in Jihad. This proves that the condemnation of folding the arms is common.

The Shi’a books repeatedly quote that Imam Jafar e Sadiq (as) demonstrated this method when educating his companion Hammad about prayers.

Sheikh Muhammad Ya’qoob Kulaini [rah] and Sheikh Sadooq [rah] state:

“Our Master turned his face towards the Ka’ba. Completely removed any contact between his hands and placed his hands on his thighs, closed his fingers and placed his feet near to each other.”

1. Al-Shafi, translation of Furoo al Kafi, volume 2, page 65, published in Karachi.

2. Man la Yuhdhirah al-Faqeeh, volume 1, page 166, published in Karachi.

Allamah Waheed’udeen uz Zaman Khan writes:

“Whoever says that offering prayers with unfolded hands is a custom related to Shi’as, that person is at fault in this regard, because not only the Shi’as but the whole Muslim Ummah offered the prayers in the same way, especially during the life time of Holy Prophet (s) the companions did it the same way and no one knew about the folding of hands.”

Hadiyatul Mahdi, by Maulana Waheed uz Zaman, Volume1, page 126

Wahid uz Zaman also states that Imam ibn e Qasim reports that Imam Malik offered prayers without folding hands.

Tayseer al Bari Sharh Sahih Bukhari, translated by E’tiqad Publishing house, Delhi, volume 1, chapter 707, page 489

Abdul Hai Lucknawi states:

“Ma’az says that when Holy Prophet (s) used to stand for offering the prayers, he used to raise his hands up his his ears while reciting “Takbeer” and then he would leave his hands unfolded.”

Fataawa Sheikh Abdul Hai Lucknawi, Volume 1, page 326, first edition

Ibn Abi Shaybah records that Hasan Basri and Ibrahim ibn e Musayyib prayed with open hands.

1. Nayl al Autaar, volume 2, page 194, Idar Al-Jaleel Beirut, Bab ul Salat

2. Al-Sharh Al-Kabeer, by Abdullah ibn e Qadama (Died 682 A.H.), volume 1, page 514. Dar al-kitab Beirut.

The main reason for folding hands: to oppose the Shi’a

We shall prove this by relying on the following esteemed Sunni works:

1. Fathul Qadeer lama Jaza al Faqeer Voilume 1 page 250, Dhikr Salat

2. Kifaya Sharh Hidaya Volume 1 page 250 Dhikr Salat

3. Tanveer al Aynain page 38

4. Hidayath al Mahdi page 126

Fathul Qadeer:

“Ahl’ul Sunnah’s act of folding the arms in Salat, Funeral prayers and Eid is a habit, the arms are folded in opposition to the Rafidi [shi’a] as they pray with the arms open”

Kifaya:

“The Ahl’ul Sunnah state that the opening of the arms in Salat is in the Madhab of the Rafidi, the Ahl’ul Sunnah fold their arms, and the reason is to oppose the Shi’a”

Tanveer al Aynain:

“Imam Malik gave an order to read Salat with open arms, and the Sunni Ulema here (i.e. the Indian Subcontinent) sau that praying with open hands in the cities means imitating the Shi’a. The Hanafee Ulema have rejected opening the arms in salat, opening the arms is a Shi’a practice, and nothing else will remain, and the Prophet (s) said ‘protect yourself from acusation”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Chinali said:

the prophet (pbuh) did not fold his hands in prayer- umar saw a delegation of diplomats, either from persia or china (i forget which) and as a sign of respect to him they bowed their hands and folded their hands, umar thought that would be a good way to show respect towards Allah (swt) so he included it as part of the sunni namaz. 

Salam, 

Do you have a Sunni source for this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

When Iranian prisoners were brought before 'Umar, they stood before him with folded hands. On being asked the reason, they said that it was their custom to stand before the elders with folded hands. '

 

Umar said: Then we too should do the same when we stand before Allah in prayers.

 

When Anas ibn Malik, a companion of the Prophet (s.a.w.), went to Syria, he wept and said: "I do not see here anything which I used to see in the days of the Prophet (s.a.w.), except this prayer and that too is disfigured."

- Sahih al- Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 10, Number 507

 

 

Narrated ‘Aisha:

That she used to hate that one should keep his hands on his flanks while praying. She said that the Jew used to do so

- Sahih Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 56, Number 664

 

 

Jabi bin Samara said: ‘Once Allah’s Messenger (PBUH) came to us and said: "Why you fold your hands as the tails of horses, you have to settle in prayer."

-Musnad Ahmed bin Hanbal, Volume 5 page 93 Hadith 20905

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

actually shias are blamed that they made bid'ah in Islam ( bring up new ideas in Islam) for example they say prophet prayed folding hands but shias made bid'ah by hanging hands in prayer, actually its sunnis who did bid'ah

and most of bid'ah started in Umars time,

bida of taraweeh

Narrated Abu Hurayra: Allah's Apostle said,"Whoever prayed at night the whole month of Ramadan out of sincere faith and hoping for reward from Allah, then all his previous sins will be forgiven". 

Ibn Shihab ( a subnarrator) said, "When Allah's Apostle died, the people continued observing that (i.e. Nawafil offered individually, not in congregation), and it remained as such during the Caliphate of Abu Bakr and in the early days of Umar's Caliphate."

Abdur Rahman bin Abdul Qari said, "I went out in the company of Umar bin Al-Khattab one night in Ramadan to the mosque and founf the people praying in different groups- a man praying alone or a man praying with a lottle group behind him. Then Umar said, "In my opinion I would better collect these (people) under the leadership of one Qari(reciter) [i.e. let them pray in congregation]". So, he made up his mind to congregate them behind Ubayy bin Ka'b. Then, on another night, I went again in his company and the people were praying behind their reciter. On that Umar remarked, "What an excellent BID'A (INNOVATION in religion) this is; but the prayer which they do not perform, but rather sleep at its time, is better than the one they are offering.' He meant the prayer in the last part of the night". - Sahi al bukhari, volume 3, book 32 number 227

 

bida in azan

Malik's Muwatta ;

 

 

Book 3, Number 3.1.8: 

 

Yahya related to me from Malik that he had heard that the muadhdhin came to Umar ibn al-Khattab to call him to the subh prayer and found him sleeping, so he said, "Prayer is better than sleep," and Umar ordered him to put that in the adhan for subh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chinali said:

actually shias are blamed that they made bid'ah in Islam ( bring up new ideas in Islam) for example they say prophet prayed folding hands but shias made bid'ah by hanging hands in prayer, actually its sunnis who did bid'ah

and most of bid'ah started in Umars time,

bida of taraweeh

Narrated Abu Hurayra: Allah's Apostle said,"Whoever prayed at night the whole month of Ramadan out of sincere faith and hoping for reward from Allah, then all his previous sins will be forgiven". 

Ibn Shihab ( a subnarrator) said, "When Allah's Apostle died, the people continued observing that (i.e. Nawafil offered individually, not in congregation), and it remained as such during the Caliphate of Abu Bakr and in the early days of Umar's Caliphate."

Abdur Rahman bin Abdul Qari said, "I went out in the company of Umar bin Al-Khattab one night in Ramadan to the mosque and founf the people praying in different groups- a man praying alone or a man praying with a lottle group behind him. Then Umar said, "In my opinion I would better collect these (people) under the leadership of one Qari(reciter) [i.e. let them pray in congregation]". So, he made up his mind to congregate them behind Ubayy bin Ka'b. Then, on another night, I went again in his company and the people were praying behind their reciter. On that Umar remarked, "What an excellent BID'A (INNOVATION in religion) this is; but the prayer which they do not perform, but rather sleep at its time, is better than the one they are offering.' He meant the prayer in the last part of the night". - Sahi al bukhari, volume 3, book 32 number 227

THAT IS DAMN TRUE....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Chinali said:

 

When Iranian prisoners were brought before 'Umar, they stood before him with folded hands. On being asked the reason, they said that it was their custom to stand before the elders with folded hands. '

 

Umar said: Then we too should do the same when we stand before Allah in prayers.

 

When Anas ibn Malik, a companion of the Prophet (s.a.w.), went to Syria, he wept and said: "I do not see here anything which I used to see in the days of the Prophet (s.a.w.), except this prayer and that too is disfigured."

- Sahih al- Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 10, Number 507

Salam, 

Thank you brother,

I did found the part which starts with 'When Anas ibn Malik ...' but I'd like to know the source of the part of the Iranian prisoners as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@LabaikYaHussain Salam ! again im here with another philosophy!  things i mentioned earlier were just some proofs from sunni books and all... now i am talking some serious stuff about shia sunni prayers! next time you see a thing like that hadith or anyone asks you why shias pray the way they do , you must answer what id say now....

" i dont know why we Muslims have different ways of offering prayers,  but i do know why i pray the way i pray!  I believe in Ali AS and would never suspect that he AS did anything against Prophet pbuh, and i donot think any Muslim would say that he AS committed anything against Prophet pbuh or in opposite of what prophet showed him , i donot know about others but i have firm belief that Ali AS did as he was taught by Prophet, Ali AS ofcourse taught his sons and his family the way of praying, Hassan AS and Hussain AS ofcourse prayed the way they were taught, Zain Ul Abideen AS prayed the way he saw Hussain AS praying, Baqir AS prayed the way he learned from his father, Sadiq AS prayed the way he was taught by parents, Musa AS prayed the way he was taught, Reza AS prayed the way he saw his father praying, Jawad AS prayed the way his father did, Hadi AS prayed as he learned , Askari AS prayed the same way too, and Mahdi AS prays like all other imams and like Prophet SAWS , so the way we 12ers pray is the way we learned from our imams and imams from their parents and that to Prophet pbuh, we learned the prayer from one generation to another and noone ever changed the way of prayer since then, so this is the proof of how i pray,   now please tell me where did you get the way you pray? thanks and good bye!"

thats what your reply should be

Salam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...