Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Hameedeh

What is your goal today?

Rate this topic

Sort through the two boxes of papers from college that I had shoved under the bed and had been conveniently ignoring for the past six months, file the important ones, scan and save the ones I might need in the future and repurpose the rest as art notebooks for kids. 

On 5/25/2017 at 8:30 AM, Reza said:

Goal:

Prepare for Ramadan!

It's here! Ramadan Mubarak! May Allah accept the fasting, prayers, duas, and all the amal of everyone. 

Here in the US & Canada, the Holy Month of Ramadan is starting in about 2 hours on the East Coast. :) 

On 4/16/2017 at 0:56 AM, GreyMatter said:

3) Update my newly created LinkedIn, looking good so far but I can't settle for mediocre, I want to create THE profile!

@GreyMatter Did you succeed? "Google Hire" was set up as a competitor to LinkedIn. You might think about that.

http://www.hostsearch.com/news/cloud-and-search-giant-launches-google-hire.asp

There was some routine household repair work I was planning to do today, but my husband was having trouble sleeping last night so he did it and I started my day with no plans at all. 

I cleaned the kitchen corners and cabinets, and scrubbed the sink knobs. It was not fun but was long overdue. I found three very ripe bananas and decided to make a banana bread. 

I've got four books that I've started, so I think I will dedicate the rest of today to making significant progress on one of these. 

4 hours ago, notme said:

I've got four books that I've started, so I think I will dedicate the rest of today to making significant progress on one of these. 

Well now I'm sad because my book is finished. Does anyone else feel like this? It's ok though - I've got three more open and a few already queued up for next. 

Tomorrow my goal is to check my fig trees. I noticed they're almost ready. I'd like to bring my parents some homemade fig newtons when we go visit them soon. 

4 hours ago, notme said:

Well now I'm sad because my book is finished. Does anyone else feel like this? It's ok though - I've got three more open and a few already queued up for next. 

Tomorrow my goal is to check my fig trees. I noticed they're almost ready. I'd like to bring my parents some homemade fig newtons when we go visit them soon. 

You make your own fig bars?    :cool:

On ٣٠‏/٧‏/٢٠١٧ at 5:09 AM, notme said:

This is me lol 

My goal today is to stay positive. Only one more hour and it will be tomorrow. :) 

Salaam Alaykum

I think this topic must be more active. My goals for this beautiful day:

1. Call Comcast to solve billing problem and my account problem

2. Go and do some shopping

3. Create a new post to get rid of my bike

4. Fill out the survey that my manager sent to me

5. Laundary

6. Talk with my family and friends

7. ِDoing dishes

8. Go to the lake and think about myself(or probably in the bus)

و من الله توفیق

Edited by AmirAlmuminin Lover

15 minutes ago, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

Salaam Alaykum

I think this topic must be more active. My goals for this beautiful day:

1. Call Comcast to solve billing problem and my account problem

2. Go and do some shopping

3. Create a new post to get rid of my bike

4. Fill out the survey that my manager sent to me

5. Laundary

6. Talk with my family and friends

7. ِDoing dishes

8. Go to the lake and think about myself(or probably in the bus)

و من الله توفیق

I thought l read your profile in the last hour. From your post l am guessing you are a 'girl'. In the introduce yourself post you wrote you like electronics and technology --usually boy-stuff.

:sorry:<---Sorry

1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

I thought l read your profile in the last hour. From your post l am guessing you are a 'girl'. In the introduce yourself post you wrote you like electronics and technology --usually boy-stuff.

:sorry:<---Sorry

Brother, I mentioned that I'm male.

* Take a nap (note to self: I better go to one right now!)

* Sleep before midnight

* Don't skip out on prayers

* Do not lie, backbite, be jealous or yell at others.

* Study a topic of Business Law and few problems of Cost Accounting.

* Help out in dishes.

* Take a shower.

* Get my hair cut.

* Get your a$$ off! (better yet some exercise!)

Edited by Hameedeh

OK, I was looking for some place to write down my to do list.

I have a flight back to Chicago, so I need to wrap up everything in my current place. My internship is over. Yesterday was last day. These are lists I need to do:

1. Call Xfinity, simcard, and hospital

2. Talk with my manager

3. Do money calculation

4. Clean the house

5. Do Qadha prays

6. Think about myself and avoiding sins especially my tongue

1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

To wait for the rain to stop.

It's raining here too. That changes my plans. 

Working on getting kids ready to go back to school. It's time to update the house rules. I am thinking of making reading a prerequisite for watching TV or using computers or video games, but the teenagers need to use computers in their school work. 

Speaking of reading, I can use the schedule disruption to my advantage. I had two books on reserve from the library and they both became available at the same time, so I need to read them both within the next two weeks. You can't renew if there is a wait list. 

Today I had a flight, so I was kinda busy. On my way back home, I forgot my backpack in the bus. I had two huge luggage's that each was 44 lb. I was nervous and stressed. I came back to the same bus station to ask bus driver about my backpack.

Whenever I saw line 77, I used to go from one side of the street to the other side to ask driver did you see my backpack. I spent like one hour like this in stressed condition. Finally I saw same bus driver and I asked same question. He said are you talking about this bag? I said YEAH. Alhamdulillah, I found my backpack. Inside my backpack I had VERY important documents plus my new laptop that I bought last month. I asked for driver's number to invite him for a dinner for appreciation, but he said he just did his job, and that time he was working.

In that stressed situation I remember something was repeating in my mind. And it was this: " Rasoulullah never got upset for losing something and never got happy for gaining something." How it's possible? My identity card, my laptop, my school important documents were all in backpack. I'm SO SO SO far from true Islam.

I was just repeating this by myself in that time:

یا صاحب الزمان أغثنی، یا صاحب الزمان أدرکنی

My goal is to sit down and just breathe. Relax. InShaAllah tomorrow we will get the chance to start fresh and tackle the to-do list that we didn't get done today. :) 

41 minutes ago, Hameedeh said:

My goal is to sit down and just breathe. Relax. InShaAllah tomorrow we will get the chance to start fresh and tackle the to-do list that we didn't get done today. :) 

Hameedeh is in her "dreamy state", folks.

She has kids !

* Take a shower

* Help Out In Dishes

* Write My Own Intetpretation on/of Nahjul Balagha

* Watch Lectures on Muslim Bin Aqeel and get to know more about him.

* Get my bike fixed, that I have been procastinating for months.

* Sin as less as possible.

* Do Dhikr as much as possible.

* Try to respect others more, and show good behavior (as it is a characteristic of mo'min).

* Visit my cousins and spend time with them.

* Go to mosque for Maghrib'ain (or at least try to).

* Not be lazy and get off my bed, RIGHT NOW!!!!

Edited by Zavon

47 minutes ago, Marbles said:

a nice fat goat to butcher tomorrow

59a90bb4ace24_2017-09-0112_26_16.png.bcb9da7b72fbb82037e7d3bbbf9bc59b.png

Like the sinister looks ours is giving?? Lol. It's a gentle creature but currently it's being force fed, enthusiatically patted and shot (with a camera,of course) by my kids so looks a tad upset.

Goal for today: Buy the long list of condiments and spices mum just handed over to me.

Spend the rest of the day lazing.

2 hours ago, starlight said:

59a90bb4ace24_2017-09-0112_26_16.png.bcb9da7b72fbb82037e7d3bbbf9bc59b.png

Like the sinister looks ours is giving?? Lol.

@starlight Sinister? That's one awesome look right there! :hahaha:

Edited by Zavon