Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Hameedeh

What is your goal today?

Rate this topic

This weekend, I HAVE to:

1) Change the garbage disposal in the kitchen sink.

2) Replace bathroom sink because my wife cracked the current one when she 'dropped' her hair straightener in it.

First time for both. Hope it works!!!

On 2/3/2017 at 10:59 AM, Marbles said:

Going where sis?

Sorry. "Keep on going" is a colloquialism. I meant keep working on your goal. 

On 3/17/2017 at 4:35 AM, hasanhh said:

Wouldn't it be a lot easier and cheaper just to buy one? That is one benefit of mass production.

Sure, but the point is the process, not the result. (I'm teaching myself to use the sewing machine.) I need to decide what the next simplest project will be. 

Ultimately, I'm working on self sufficiency so I can survive when the infrastructure collapses. Or maybe I just like my clothing ideas better than what I can buy. 

21 hours ago, notme said:

Sure, but the point is the process, not the result. (I'm teaching myself to use the sewing machine.) I need to decide what the next simplest project will be. 

Ultimately, I'm working on self sufficiency so I can survive when the infrastructure collapses. Or maybe I just like my clothing ideas better than what I can buy. 

"...the point is the process."   ---like teaching yourself to chop wood ?  :D

"..when the infrastructure collapses."  -- Me? l`II get crushed.

12 hours ago, hasanhh said:

"...the point is the process."   ---like teaching yourself to chop wood ?  :D

"..when the infrastructure collapses."  -- Me? l`II get crushed.

When the infrastructure collapses, I might be better off sewing by hand not by electric machine, but I'm having fun for now. Let's not think this through too much.

I've never chopped wood, but it seems more physically challenging than technically challenging. My forest is of bamboo, so I'm "chopping" it down with a small chainsaw. I plan to use the stalks to build a fence, and whatever is left after the fence, a trellis for the grapevines if they revive now that the bamboo isn't strangling them. 

But today I plan to buy an ice cream cake and celebrate my oldest son's birthday. He wants sushi and Papa John's Pizza his birthday dinner. He's very nearly an adult! 

2 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Same again today. Uuuhhhhhh. Must be weather related.

Must be the weather Hasan.

My goal for today: make a presentation of twenty or so slides for work. It's 6pm here, total number of slides made -one.I know the subject well so should have been a breeze but I woke up this morning with a bad cough and feeling feverish(must be all the iced water I have been drinking) :fever:

Just now, hasanhh said:

ls edema in this case like a cyst? Or cyst formation?

No, Edema is collection of fluid in the tissues (extracellular spaces)

Common tissues where edema can occur is lungs, abdomen, around the eyes and ankles. It leads to swelling of the affected tissues. 

15 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

What is was wondering was: is this collection of fluid pooling in a manner similar to cyst formation.

Edema is more generalized while cyst is localized. Edema fluid is normal body fluid while cyst can be filled with pus. 

Image result for ankle edemaImage result for ankle edema

Image result for cyst on ankles

Edema(top two images) Vs Cyst ( bottom image)

You are welcome.

@everyone, apologies for the unsolicited lecture. 

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 4:06 AM, starlight said:

Edema is more generalized while cyst is localized. Edema fluid is normal body fluid while cyst can be filled with pus. 

Edema(top two images) Vs Cyst ( bottom image)

You are welcome.

@everyone, apologies for the unsolicited lecture. 

Hopefully those are not your feet.   :D

Thanks for the explanation. Simple explanations are many times more instructive than medical dictionaries.

No apologies needed.

On 4/8/2017 at 7:36 AM, hasanhh said:

Hot water soup?

My goal: to go back to sleep.

I wasn't even bothered to do that :p I have more important goals now which is pay off my speeding fine of $500 (18 fines in total) which I have been running away from. 

2 minutes ago, Pearl178 said:

I wasn't even bothered to do that :p I have more important goals now which is pay off my speeding fine of  $500  (18 fines in total) which I have been running away from. 

:missing:  <---for your driving instructor

:threatenlumber: <----for your father

:coffee: <---for me reading about your arrest

Edited by hasanhh

2 hours ago, Pearl178 said:

I have more important goals now which is pay off my speeding fine of $500 (18 fines in total) which I have been running away from. 

Get this resolved quickly! I once had my license suspended because I took too long to pay a fine. Getting it reinstated was an expensive and annoying lesson.

Well, l finished filling out all that paperwork to be sure l paid Big Mother Gov't all the protection money l am extorted to pay. Even got it done before the death-line/deadline. l always thought the fraudulent advertising that these extortions, called taxes, we have to submit to are just a political control mechanism for the general population.

So my goal is: back to work ---working for Big Mother.

Goal of the day:Somehow remove dye transfer from two shirts one tunic and a towel,all of them white (in their previous lives) :ko:  

#LaundryMishap :( 

1 hour ago, starlight said:

Goal of the day:Somehow remove dye transfer from two shirts one tunic and a towel,all of them white (in their previous lives) :ko:  

#LaundryMishap :( 

Were your clothes singing "mohe apne hee rang mein rang le nijam...?"

1 hour ago, Marbles said:

Were your clothes singing "mohe apne hee rang mein rang le nijam...?"

Looool. Probably. Now all of them are 'dhani' I hope they are happy now.

Goals for this weekend: 

1) Lots of test-driving and calling dealerships all over the city, to see which one gives me the best discount, have called and bargained 12 different ones, 3 are in quite the lead.

2) Do my damn taxes!

3) Update my newly created LinkedIn, looking good so far but I can't settle for mediocre, I want to create THE profile!

1 hour ago, starlight said:

Look up at least ten new recipes to try over the holidays. 

I love new recipes, but whenever I make something unfamiliar, my children won't eat it. 

My goal today: the bamboo is growing back and the weather is nice. I'd like to get it all cut again. I'd really like to get grapes from the grape vines this year. (Why does autocorrect keep trying to capitalize "vines"?)