Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What is your goal today?

Rate this topic

• Moderators

As it turns out, my hitch can't handle a large enough trailer to be useful so I reserved a truck instead.

My goal for tomorrow is to drive three and a half hours, pick up truck, fill it, drive it back, empty it, and return it, all before my daughter's evening gymnastics class.

Backup plan is to fill it and drive home, empty it the next day. 

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Salam. Another member asked me to create this topic. So I have. Imam Ali AS said: "Be wise, make today better than yesterday." What are you going to do today to make your life better?

I want to go to sleep before midnight every day. ✔

(1) Pray with humility (2) Help my mum with cleaning etc. (3) Recite a few verses of Quran 1 hour before bed.

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, notme said:

As it turns out, my hitch can't handle a large enough trailer to be useful so I reserved a truck instead.

My goal for tomorrow is to drive three and a half hours, pick up truck, fill it, drive it back, empty it, and return it, all before my daughter's evening gymnastics class.

Backup plan is to fill it and drive home, empty it the next day. 

God be with you.

• Veteran Member
On 2/9/2017 at 3:57 AM, notme said:

Wooo! I did it. :clap:

Started at 6:30, drove three and a half hours, picked up truck, loaded stored items onto truck, loaded car onto tow trailer on truck, drove back, unloaded, quick shower to rinse off the dust, and only 8 minutes late to gymnastics. Didn't return the truck yet, but I have until Friday morning. 

Now to my daughter's gymnastics class. See y'all later, inshaAllah. 

Work of a true superhero!

If it were me I'd have hired a hand and sat on a bench smoking a Cuban :blush:

Edited by Marbles
added the confession
Just now, notme said:

Get off shiachat, man!

I've finally fine-tuned how i use SC. I come on in bursts of 2-3 minutes every hour or so :$ It helps de-stress or i get anxiety and withdrawal symptoms!

I need to have a drive-get-truck-get-home-get-truck-take daugher to gymnastics day like you did the other day. How you managed that, i have no idea! But congrats!

• Veteran Member

Goal of the day: Some things are so trivial and unimportant by nature that I keep putting them off for a day at a time, until they have been put off for so long that they become a big problem for me and give me constant headache.

The goal of the day is to do those stupidest, retarded, miscellaneous things and breathe a sigh of relief.

1) Get my car mobil oil and filter changed. It's due.

2) Get a micro sim card jacket so I can put that in the second phone and use it. I have to get it from the central mobile phone market which I absolutely despise to be in and hate to pass by for its crowds of retarded guys who will go hungry but buy an iPhone 7.

3) Write and send in an application to the bank which I have been meaning to do for the last month and get the NOC I need but don't need.

4) Polish my shoes.

5) Clean my mobile phone screen with a suitable cloth.

Edited by Marbles
  • Moderators

@notme We are getting ready to greet the long scorching summer. Yesterday the temperature was 24C (75F). I have packed and put away most of our winter clothes. 

@Marbles You need a wife, stat. She could easily take care of 3,4&5.

@hasanhh Hahaha. That was funny. My spring cleaning goes like this:

1.Take out all the stuff we have hoarded over the past year until I am knee deep in broken toys, clothes and discarded artwork.

2.Panic and wonder why the hell I started it in the first place.

3.Hastily, throw everthing in cartons and put the cartons somewhere out of sight.

4.Ingest some high calorie food like chocolate cake or orange juice to reward and rejuvenate self.

5. So far I have successfully 'spring cleaned' two rooms and the hallway.

Edited by starlight
Fixed a sentence
  • Forum Administrators
19 hours ago, shiaman14 said:

My goal is to shutdown SC

You mean shut down your device (phone, tablet, lap top, PC) and leave to sleep. :) 

• Veteran Member
6 minutes ago, hameedeh said:

You mean shut down your device (phone, tablet, lap top, PC) and leave to sleep. :) 

Yup. Turn off my phone not shut down SC itself. That would be inhumane. What kind of monster do you think I am....hehehe 

• Veteran Member
5 hours ago, starlight said:

@hasanhh  ...  My spring cleaning goes like this:

1.Take out all the stuff we have hoarded over the past year until I am knee deep in broken toys, clothes and discarded artwork.

:shock:  shocked, l am. Absolutely :shock:ed

l never imagined you as such a spendthrift, starlight.

Glue the broken toys.

Alter the clothing.

Have them correct their artwork.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

:shock:  shocked, l am. Absolutely :shock:ed

l never imagined you as such a spendthrift, starlight.

Lol... You imagined me right. I am pretty frugal person. The only thing I spend extravagantly on is books and stationery. Nevertheless, I need to get rid of a few things now and then, toys that cannot be fixed, the clothes children have grown out of etc. 

• Veteran Member
15 hours ago, starlight said:

Lol... You imagined me right. I am pretty frugal person. The only thing I spend extravagantly on is books and stationery. Nevertheless, I need to get rid of a few things now and then, toys that cannot be fixed, the clothes children have grown out of etc. 

:clap: Same here with books. l can only live where l have space for my library.

Clothes, l always kept them for work. You can do the same for play or under-clothes.

• Veteran Member
On 2/11/2017 at 1:57 PM, Marbles said:

Goal of the day: Some things are so trivial and unimportant by nature that I keep putting them off for a day at a time, until they have been put off for so long that they become a big problem for me and give me constant headache.

The goal of the day is to do those stupidest, retarded, miscellaneous things and breathe a sigh of relief.

1) Get my car mobil oil and filter changed. It's due.

2) Get a micro sim card jacket so I can put that in the second phone and use it. I have to get it from the central mobile phone market which I absolutely despise to be in and hate to pass by for its crowds of retarded guys who will go hungry but buy an iPhone 7.

3) Write and send in an application to the bank which I have been meaning to do for the last month and get the NOC I need but don't need.

4) Polish my shoes.

5) Clean my mobile phone screen with a suitable cloth.

Goal of the day:

Try to do these again :cry:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I am trying to remind myself how to use the sewing machine. Today I'd like to finish a pajama. After that, I can move on to more complex (and more fun) items. 

Also need to buy ice cream for my son's second birthday party. 

• Veteran Member
On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 5:57 PM, hasanhh said:

To find whatever it was l am supposed to get finished.

l found it, but forgot what l was/am supposed to do with it.

18 hours ago, notme said:

I am trying to remind myself how to use the sewing machine. Today I'd like to finish a pajama. After that, I can move on to more complex (and more fun) items. 

Also need to buy ice cream for my son's second birthday party. 

A PJ. Wouldn't it be a lot easier and cheaper just to buy one? That is one benefit of mass production.

• Forum Administrators

@starlight 

Happy Birthday to the little munchkin!! 

IMG_1452.GIF

Please share pics of the cake/food with us. I look forward to seeing it on the "Ate/Eating/Will Eat" thread. :D 

Also just remembered that his birthday has fallen on the same day as our lady of light's birthday! :) :NH:

Edited by Heavenly_Silk
  • Veteran Member
On 3/19/2017 at 1:58 AM, Heavenly_Silk said:

@starlight 

Happy Birthday to the little munchkin!! 

IMG_1452.GIF

Please share pics of the cake/food with us. I look forward to seeing it on the "Ate/Eating/Will Eat" thread. :D 

Also just remembered that his birthday has fallen on the same day as our lady of light's birthday! :) :NH:

Happy belated birthday @starlight

Hope you had fun.