Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Hameedeh

What is your goal today?

Rate this topic

It's good weather for lawn work. 

My goal is to either wake my teenager who wants to mow the lawn, or mow it myself. 

Maybe later I'll take the small people to the beach or a playground. 

My daughter and I planted a few herbs today. That's not a goal since it's already been done, but I'm going to count it anyway.

She also planted a few cherry pits. Maybe they will grow and maybe they won't. We will see. She planted apple seeds the other day and already has six sprouts. I guess I'll need to find and clear space for her orchard.

I'm contemplating taking the kids to the beach today. Last time I contemplated it, we didn't go.

And I need to finish up some laundry, start tonight's supper of chicken and rice, and finish my library book that is due back in a few days.

Mom life is sometimes pretty laid back.

سُـبْـحَـانَ ٱلله

The goal of today,

Is to establish prayers,

Is to study morals,

Is to show compassion,

Is to maintain pledges,

For surely,

Allah favours those who do not raise their heads after proclaiming His name,

If they do,

They are among the wrongdoers.

10 hours ago, Kazemi said:

سُـبْـحَـانَ ٱلله

The goal of today,

Is to establish prayers,

Is to study morals,

Is to show compassion,

Is to maintain pledges,

For surely,

Allah favours those who do not raise their heads after proclaiming His name,

If they do,

They are among the wrongdoers.

At your age, you should already have done this. :ranting:

I feel bad to post another comment on the same page, so I'm hoping it will go to next page so it would be only one comment of mine on the new page. Anyway, today's so nice and I have a big to do list again for this weekend. BTW, I go to Phoenix next week for Muslim Congress (If you're not registered, you still can do it). I have to clean my apt, work, and read Qur'an. Inshaallah everything goes well.

@notme

I have a question. Is it permissible to go to beach? I don't go and whenever my friend asks me to go to beach, I won't. There are uncovered women at beach. That's why I don't go there. Regardless of it being sin or not, I realized it affects on my Islamic mentality, and I don't feel close to Ahlulbait. We do see those scenes everywhere to some extent (that's true), but it's worse at beach usually. Maybe the beach you go, doesn't have those things.

7 hours ago, Quran313 said:

@notme

I have a question. Is it permissible to go to beach? I don't go and whenever my friend asks me to go to beach, I won't. There are uncovered women at beach. That's why I don't go there. Regardless of it being sin or not, I realized it affects on my Islamic mentality, and I don't feel close to Ahlulbait. We do see those scenes everywhere to some extent (that's true), but it's worse at beach usually. Maybe the beach you go, doesn't have those things. 

I am female. The sight of women in bikinis doesn't affect me. My children who like to go with me are little. We wear clothing and, actually, most other people are dressed to the same degree as any other outdoor location in summer. It's the ocean - if people wear bikinis they're likely to find themselves wearing nothing after the first good wave.

But we do prefer family friendly and less crowded beaches. They're just more enjoyable.

Definitely nobody should do things that take them further from Allah and the Ahlul Bayt.

14 hours ago, hasanhh said:

At your age, you should already have done this. :ranting:

Elaborate, brother.

32 minutes ago, Diaz said:

my goal today is to eat it without sharing :itsok:

Duas for your success - if success in this is the righteous choice!