Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What is your goal today?

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Salam. Another member asked me to create this topic. So I have. Imam Ali AS said: "Be wise, make today better than yesterday." What are you going to do today to make your life better?

I want to go to sleep before midnight every day. ✔

(1) Pray with humility (2) Help my mum with cleaning etc. (3) Recite a few verses of Quran 1 hour before bed.

Posted Images

  • Forum Administrators
9 hours ago, starlight said:

Goal for the week: crochet a scarf!  

rps20170126_211050_519.jpg

^ My favorite colors. My Mom knew how to crochet but never taught me. She taught me "huck weaving" instead. It is an ancient kind of embroidery and is beautiful, but I stopped doing it when I had my children to take care of. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
4 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Until now, YOU never struck me as the domesticated type. More like the career and the-house-is-a-business-office type.

:(

 :itsok: Did I tell you I also know macramè and enjoy sewing ruffled table cloths and folding napkins in cute shapes? 

I am the forced-into-career-but-enjoy-housekeeping-more type. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
1 minute ago, starlight said:

 :itsok: Did I tell you I also know macramè and enjoy sewing ruffled table cloths and folding napkins in cute shapes? 

I am the forced-into-career-but-enjoy-housekeeping-more type. 

Folding napkins is a normal activity.

And taking scraps of cloth and sewing them together to get a new table cloth or bed sheet or even quilt is a thrifty activity.

But what the heck is macrapme?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
16 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

But what the heck is macrapme?

Lol this :

Macramé or macrame is a form of textile-making using knotting rather than weaving or knitting.

images (1).jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
42 minutes ago, starlight said:

Lol this :

Macramé or macrame is a form of textile-making using knotting rather than weaving or knitting.

images (1).jpg

My Great-Aunt gave a thing like this to our mother. Those strings got caught on everything.

Now, that blue thing behind it looks useable. So does the gray egg-carton ... whatever.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Administrators
On 2/8/2016 at 4:16 PM, magma said:
  1. Eat proper food
  2. Sleep at a proper time
  3. Work and not procrastinate
  4. Leave some time for relaxation and recreation
  5. Do dhikr whenever possible

Great plan. Thank you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Administrators

Good luck with your goals today! Stay committed to keep on going. :) 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to get 10 lectures done today inshAllah [rewatching them at 1.75x speed].

Technically that means in 10 hours i can watch 17.5 hours worth of lectures.

Each lecture sped up is about 50 minutes or so.

That means ten hours of solid revision ought to be enough if i don't procrastinate to get ten lectures done.

I am not going to post on here until i get it done inshAllah.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, starlight said:

Which subject and topics? 

Stroke, Azlheimers disease, huntingdons, a number of lectures on the mechanisms, imagining, epilepsy, etc.

I'm going to try and get ten lectures done a day , and work my way up to 12, 13 and even 14 soon.

I tend to procrastinate a lot, but it's do or die!

Edited by uponthesunnah
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
17 minutes ago, uponthesunnah said:

Stroke, Azlheimers disease, huntingdons, a number of lectures on the mechanisms, imagining, epilepsy, etc.

I'm going to try and get ten lectures done a day , and work my way up to 12, 13 and even 14 soon.

I tend to procrastinate a lot, but it's do or die!

I taught all of these topics in the past 4 weeks except Alzheimer's(and Parkinsonism)  which I am going to cover next week.

They are not difficult if you know basic neurophysiology.

Best of luck ! Let me know if you need any help.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, starlight said:

I taught all of these topics in the past 4 weeks except Alzheimer's(and Parkinsonism)  which I am going to cover next week.

They are not difficult if you know basic neurophysiology.

Best of luck ! Let me know if you need any help.

Oh my goodness, i would pay you to help me to be honest.

What do you do by the way?

Edited by uponthesunnah
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
5 hours ago, uponthesunnah said:

What is your tutoring rate?

I accept salawats and duas, let me know if you need any help. My post grad thesis was on Parkinson's disease.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, starlight said:

I accept salawats and duas, let me know if you need any help. My post grad thesis was on Parkinson's disease.

This is amazing.

I'll shoulder most of the work but i'd love to ask you one or two [or ten] questions when it comes to the interesting bits.

Edited by uponthesunnah
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Administrators
6 hours ago, uponthesunnah said:

I am not going to post on here until i get it done inshAllah.

:censored: Good luck. :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member

My goal is to prove all my doubters and my skeptics wrong. I want to show all those who have said that I would never amount to anything, that they were wrong. I want to show to all those who said I was not good enough, that I am. I want to show to all those who have tried to break me into pieces, that I will not break. I want to show all those who thought I didn't have any worth, that I do. To all those who thought I wasn't important, that I am! To all those who thought I didn't have any value, that I am valuable! My goal is.......................to "Shock The World". I am going to Shock The World! :)   

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
11 minutes ago, 2113 said:

@notme And.......a trailer? Seriously? I understand people have their circumstances but remember you have your dignity, honor and self respect too. 

You'd be much better off renting a flat.

trailer noun [ C ] (VEHICLE) a box on wheels that is pulled by a car and is used for taking things from one place to another

She is going to use it to pick furniture and other things from another city and bring them to her home, not live in it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
8 minutes ago, starlight said:

trailer noun [ C ] (VEHICLE) a box on wheels that is pulled by a car and is used for taking things from one place to another

She is going to use it to pick furniture and other things from another city and bring them to her home, not live in it.

OH LOOL my mistake. I was thinking something else. 

That's nice. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
4 hours ago, 2113 said:

@notme

And.......a trailer? Seriously? I understand people have their circumstances but remember you have your dignity, honor and self respect too. 

As @starlight said, I meant the vehicle.

 

But a trailer as a home isn't all that terrible as long as you don't live in a tornado prone area. There is nothing dishonorable or undignified about inexpensive housing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...