Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Hameedeh

What is your goal today?

Rate this topic

5 hours of sleep is not enough. My goal today is to sleep before midnight.

On 8/18/2016 at 9:03 PM, hameedeh said:

5 hours of sleep is not enough. My goal today is to sleep before midnight.

It's a new day and we have another chance to reach one of our goals. :) 

I've already accomplished my goal for today. Yesterday I made a batch of fig jam from a new recipe, and we needed something special to put it on, so my goal for today was to make some "plain" muffins. The muffins with fig jam were delicious, and now they are all gone.

And I also got the last of the boxes out of storage. Now I just need to organize everything and we'll be moved in. 

Guest silasun

Goals for the day:

1. do really well at work and negotiate a higher salary!

2. Read and digest 15 pages of this new book I got on Formula 1 design.<irony> Stoopid modern life and its limitations on time spent reading. What is the point of working all day so we end with no time to read at the end. Why can't we all just become luddites... </irony>

The goals for today set by me last night: 

1.Do laundry 

2. Bake a cake

3. Start organizing my notes for my  review book

4.Work out 

Review of goals this morning ( after dropping the kids to school in freezing weather) 

1. Download and watch a movie in bed

2. Eat lots of crisps

At 1:12 pm 

Sudden realization ! Wasted the whole morning lazing in bed doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING besides refreshing SC newsfeed and annoying magma ( well that kind of makes up for everything else:shifty: but still) 

New goal 

1.act like a responsible grownup :p

10 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

watch as many episodes of the netflix series "a series of unfortunate events" as possible

I read the first book but didn't continue the series because it was just such a downer.

Goal for the day: I need to assemble the cabinet I got for my daughter to store her fragile things. The replacement for the one that the cat broke arrived much sooner than expected. 

Not the cabinet, the cat didn't break a cabinet, the cat broke a fragile thing that was precious to my daughter. That's why I decided she needs a cabinet. 

Do at least one thing on your 'to do' list and get that real good feeling. Then keep on going. Make it a great day! :) 

16 hours ago, hameedeh said:

Do at least one thing on your 'to do' list and get that real good feeling. Then keep on going. Make it a great day! :) 

Actually I haven't accomplished anything that was on my list for today, but I did give my toddler a bath and cook dinner, so I'm alright. I just need to start adding simpler things to my list.

11 minutes ago, notme said:

Actually I haven't accomplished anything that was on my list for today

Sometimes just 'thinking through' what you need to do is an accomplishment. Deciding what to do is the first step in reaching a goal. 

I'm trying to teach myself HTML, CSS, and Photoshop so I can apply for the perfect telecommute job, but I probably won't make it in time for this advertisement. Hopefully there will be another. This week the entire Monday and Tuesday were consumed by an emergency which arose on Monday morning, and the rest of the week school is having half days, which always makes it challenging to accomplish stuff for myself. 

46 minutes ago, starlight said:

Goal for the week: crochet a scarf!  

rps20170126_211050_519.jpg

Is this your actual colors? It's pretty! 

I know how to crochet, but it takes me ages, I'm so slow. My grandmother started a baby blanket for my daughter but her arthritis got bad and she was unable to continue so she gave it to me unfinished for me to complete. My daughter is five years old now. Maybe it will be a gift for her child someday inshaAllah. 

2 minutes ago, notme said:

Is this your actual colors? It's pretty! 

Yes thank you. I decided to make one myself after I couldn't find this colour in the stores. 

3 minutes ago, notme said:

My grandmother started a baby blanket for my daughter but her arthritis got bad and she was unable to continue so she gave it to me unfinished for me to complete. My daughter is five years old now. Maybe it will be a gift for her child someday inshaAllah. 

Inshallah. LOL, I have a somewhat similar story to share,I started embroidering a shirt back in college . Last month I came across it when I was going through my books and other stuff.I think it will be finished by the time my daughter goes to college !