Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What is your goal today?

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, notme said:

I didn't take a picture before harvesting, but here's what I've got right now. 

Looks good. Do you use them like mint or do you powder them?

Like your decor, too. Mine is brown.

And you have a clean stove top. Mine needs scraping again.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Salam. Another member asked me to create this topic. So I have. Imam Ali AS said: "Be wise, make today better than yesterday." What are you going to do today to make your life better?

I want to go to sleep before midnight every day. ✔

(1) Pray with humility (2) Help my mum with cleaning etc. (3) Recite a few verses of Quran 1 hour before bed.

Posted Images

• Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)
3 hours ago, hasanhh said:

The spanerish. Don't encourage them peapull.

lol, I like Spanish people. Hard workers, family oriented.

I'm doing it for the sake of finding better employment. If you can speak Spanish and English in Florida, you've written your ticket for most construction jobs. You don't even really have to know what you're doing, just be able to speak both languages and they'll normally train you to be a crew leader.

On 11/3/2019 at 7:51 AM, YaFatema said:

To overcome my depression and focus on my work/study/plans

If you don't mind me asking, do you receive treatment or counseling?

I started counseling about a month ago and it was one of the best decisions I made for my own mental health struggles.

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Do you use them like mint or do you powder them?

Before now, I've been using whole fresh leaves. They're tasty to just eat, and I've used them in tea. The recipe for syrup says use powdered leaves. I might keep a small supply of whole too, since they're good in tea. To get the full sweetness they need a long steep, so maybe I'll be happier to use the syrup. I guess I'll know in 2-3 days. 

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, notme said:

I harvested the stevia plants in my little garden, and today I plan to dry the leaves and start up a tea with the dried leaves so that I can make a syrup for use as a natural, homemade sweetener. According to the directions I found online, the tea should steep for 24-36 hours, so it won't be done today but today I do plan to start it. 

Another alternative is to make an extract, but that uses alcohol and I'm not certain it's tahir, even after the alcohol has been cooked out. Hopefully the syrup made from tea will be good. 

that's really awesome :)

Today I changed the oil in my car. I change it every 3k miles. I wanna work for 2 hours on the company project, then I go to play basketball in the park near my apt. 

Edited by Quran313
  • Advanced Member

of all things that one can look forward to, be it anything...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnEPhUy6EVbCr8-ddebh0

this is forever interesting alhamdulillah. Beautiful Struggle indeed.

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

I saw a house for rent yesterday. Mashaallah it was clean beautiful and cheap $650/month. I was in a dilemma because I'm waiting for my new passport and they'll send it to my current address. Second, my phone didn't have network in that area. It was 20 miles out of city and I felt kind of detached from people if I go there. My current place is 15mins to office, but the house is 35 mins drive. Today I called her, and she said it's rented. I was upset of myself why I postponed it to another day. Do you think I lost the house?

Maybe I could change my username to ShiaFarmBoy :) just like that user in ShiaChat

Edited by Quran313
  • Veteran Member
On 6/28/2020 at 3:31 PM, hasanhh said:

My temporary goal today is to clean-up and throw out some junk in my house.

"O.M.G. the old guy is losing it! :scarerun:

And l am still doing it.

lt does make it easier to walk around.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Moderators

I finished this. Four gallons of frozen figs made 2 gallons of canned figs in sugar syrup. 

IMG-20200915-095420.jpg

And that cleared out a lot of freezer space. 

Next, I'm going to build a wall. Just one wall today, maybe just one wall this week. 

And I'm reading a book that I'm thinking of recommending to my daughter, but am not certain it is child appropriate. @Haji 2003, are there any books you'd recommend for a nine year old who is an advanced reader but not particularly mature? She finished all the series of Warriors books by Erin Hunter. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Langar said:

1. attend my hawza classes

2. make homemade birthday card for my husband (his birthday is tomorrow :love:)

3. bake keto brownies because both me and hubs

Mashallah, such a simple, wholesome list.:love:

My day is almost over and mine went like this

1.  Pay credit card bill

2. Activate debit card

3. Get another internet device 3. Test taser

4. Car service 

5.  Buy masks, milk, bread and eggs

6. Fix son's broken aeroplane.  

Haven't done 3, was too tired to go to another store for milk, and will fix aeroplane if I manage to stay awake past 10, otherwise at fajr.  Alhumdollilah for everything. 

• Forum Administrators
1 hour ago, notme said:

I finished this. Four gallons of frozen figs made 2 gallons of canned figs in sugar syrup. 

IMG-20200915-095420.jpg

And that cleared out a lot of freezer space. 

Next, I'm going to build a wall. Just one wall today, maybe just one wall this week. 

And I'm reading a book that I'm thinking of recommending to my daughter, but am not certain it is child appropriate. @Haji 2003, are there any books you'd recommend for a nine year old who is an advanced reader but not particularly mature? She finished all the series of Warriors books by Erin Hunter. 

You could try this series (there are a lot). This one is written from the perspective of a boy, but usually it's a girl's pov. They are works of fiction, but in a historical setting, so some educational value too. My kids/nieces found them engaging (didn't have to be pushed) around that age.

Screenshot 2020-09-15 at 16.20.50.png

• 1 month later...
  • Forum Administrators

Did all my chores. Plan to go to bed before midnight. InShaAllah.

• Moderators

Today:

1: put my little garden box into winter mode. I have some garlic, peas, and beans planted, still growing. Everything else needs to be dug up.

2: clean an old chair. My stupid cat urinated on it. I need to clean and sanitize it. I'm still a little angry at the cat. 

3: trim shrubbery and clear brush.

4: pick up groceries at 3:00. 

5: relax, read, play with kids for the rest of the day. (And cook and eat supper.) 

• Moderators

@Hameedeh @notme superwomen Mashallah! 

It's Saturday evening here. Have been slumped in the bed for a 'little' nap for the past three hours :p. I have a load of laundry waiting and have to give the car interior a thorough cleanup but can't make those Saturday night goals. My goal is to somehow not get up from the bed until morning. 

• 2 weeks later...

Today is done and I accomplished my goal for the day (go to work and get some stuff done) my goal for tomorrow is to go to the store and get some Halloween candy at a discount