Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What is your goal today?

Rate this topic

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Salam. Another member asked me to create this topic. So I have. Imam Ali AS said: "Be wise, make today better than yesterday." What are you going to do today to make your life better?

I want to go to sleep before midnight every day. ✔

(1) Pray with humility (2) Help my mum with cleaning etc. (3) Recite a few verses of Quran 1 hour before bed.

Posted Images

• Forum Administrators
46 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

nope . . . l asked her on the phone a little while ago.

Did you ask her to come and take it away? If she does not want the stuff, consider selling or donating it. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I'm going to flip our sofa and investigate whether it's possible to repair. I'm tired of sitting on springs. If anyone has experience with this and can give pointers besides what Google provides, feel free. This sofa does not have removable cushions and is a recliner at both ends. 

Also, I'll be vacuuming under the sofa. Yay. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • Forum Administrators
Posted (edited)

What are you going to do today to make your life better?

My day is over. :cry: InShaAllah tomorrow I can start again. 

Edited by Hameedeh
Maybe.
  • 3 months later...
  • Moderators
On 12/2/2019 at 12:20 PM, notme said:

I'm going to flip our sofa and investigate whether it's possible to repair. I'm tired of sitting on springs. If anyone has experience with this and can give pointers besides what Google provides, feel free. This sofa does not have removable cushions and is a recliner at both ends. 

Also, I'll be vacuuming under the sofa. Yay. 

Did you find any coins or lost toys?  :) 

• Forum Administrators

My goal is to get through this day with gratitude because things could have been much worse than they are. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Forum Administrators

It's Ramadan 20 here. My goal is to be patient. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Basic Members
On 2/23/2016 at 1:26 PM, Noorelhussain said:

My goal is to accept the fact that I'm gonna be alone at home for a month & accept that my parents are gone on vacation without me for the first time ever :( 

Oh, I'm sorry for you about that.  Who can go on vacation during this time?  I suppose het

• Veteran Member
19 hours ago, LunaGal said:
On 2/23/2016 at 4:26 PM, Noorelhussain said:

My goal is to accept the fact that I'm gonna be alone at home for a month & accept that my parents are gone on vacation without me for the first time ever :( 

Oh, I'm sorry for you about that.  

Why?

l'd be :yahoo:--->:party:Halal Party guys!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

Maybe later. Does your variety grow in clumps or linerarly?

It spreads and takes over like the creature out of a seventies horror movie. Trust me, you don't want it. I've been battling it for four years.

It does make nice poles though. I built an improvised grapevine trellis from the poles. And the other day I wove a wicker panel from the small branches. The shoots are edible, but a lot of work to harvest. I've heard of a tea made from the leaves but haven't tried it yet because I've also read that it might be toxic. I might try making paper from it's leaves one of these days if I take the time to construct and collect the necessary equipment for it. 

If I can't get it under control, I might have to become a bamboo artisan. 

• Veteran Member
15 minutes ago, notme said:

It spreads and takes over like the creature out of

Here is what to do. Mark out how much you want. Dig a trench four feet down and then put in an aluminium sheet barrier without gaps. Pack/tamp  in the dirt to hold it firm. Be sure you have no gaps. Then outside the barrier kill the rest.

Some bamboo grows in circular clumps and there is no "creature" effect.

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Here is what to do. Mark out how much you want. Dig a trench four feet down and then put in an aluminium sheet barrier without gaps. Pack/tamp  in the dirt to hold it firm. Be sure you have no gaps. Then outside the barrier kill the rest.

Some bamboo grows in circular clumps and there is no "creature" effect.

Oh, that sounds much simpler and cheaper than other methods that I've read, that involve large quantities of concrete or gravel in the trench! I don't think it needs to be more than about 2' though - the roots go deep but the rhizomes stay near the surface. 

• Veteran Member
10 hours ago, notme said:

bamboo

Its used for landscaping, planted along boundary walls to enhance privacy, offer one of the best shades, makes good sticks and staves, big ones are used in construction as load bearing members to support roofing, it is the fastest growing tree because it can grow as long as 1 foot in 1 hour during rainy season or when it is flourishing! It should sell like hot cakes. May I recommend you provide your plants with a little zinc fertilizer so they turn dark green and look more appealing to customers.

• Forum Administrators
Posted (edited)

Put your energy into something that you can control. Make a goal.

Edited by Hameedeh
Not talking about bamboo. :)
  • Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)
3 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

Put your energy into something that you can control. Make a goal.

I want to start a business, I just have no idea what (aside from my woodburnings, T-shirts, patches, tchatchkas, etc) and absolutely no idea how to be successful in business.

I don't even know how to write a business plan, I've worked for other people my entire life but I'm starting to feel like that isn't going to be an option for me anymore.

• Forum Administrators
Posted (edited)

My goal fluctuates daily between getting enough sleep or reducing stress. Whichever one wins that day, it's all good.  

Edited by Hameedeh
typo
  • Advanced Member

I changed brake pads of my car. It was my first time :). Tires were a bit stuck but I could remove them. If your car is front wheel drive, you only need to change front brake pads not rear ones. Rear ones last pretty long and they are smaller in size compared to front ones.

Then I checked my other car to see if previous owner were honest on brake pads being new. Thank god he was correct and brske pads were pretty new. Rear tires were pretty stuck. I couldnt remove them. Its a high mileage car, so it should be checked. I do it later inshaallah

• Moderators

I harvested the stevia plants in my little garden, and today I plan to dry the leaves and start up a tea with the dried leaves so that I can make a syrup for use as a natural, homemade sweetener. According to the directions I found online, the tea should steep for 24-36 hours, so it won't be done today but today I do plan to start it. 

Another alternative is to make an extract, but that uses alcohol and I'm not certain it's tahir, even after the alcohol has been cooked out. Hopefully the syrup made from tea will be good. 

1. Alphabetize my library, which might be a challenge since my shelves are different sizes and so are my books
2. Read some of the books I borrowed from the county library
3. Practice my Spanish
4. Maybe do some woodburning

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

These grow in your climate? How well?

Share a pic?

When I bought potted stevia plants, they were about 4" high in a 4" pot. I put them in the ground in April and when I collected my first major harvest today, they were about 2' high. I cut off about 18" and left the rest to grow a late summer harvest, inshallah. They probably won't be able to survive the winter outside here. I haven't decided whether I'll cover them and hope for the best, or put them up in pots to bring inside. I didn't take a picture before harvesting, but here's what I've got right now. 

IMG-20200628-122731.jpg

About half the leaves fit into my dehydrator, and I have the rest in a coffee can with a little water so they hopefully won't wilt. 

5 hours ago, Abdul-Hadi said:

1. Alphabetize my library, which might be a challenge since my shelves are different sizes and so are my books
2. Read some of the books I borrowed from the county library
3. Practice my Spanish
4. Maybe do some woodburning

@hasanhh lol, what is it about this that you disagree with?