Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Hameedeh

What is your goal today?

Rate this topic

When l was little, we were called "wild Indians" --but that is politically incorrect now.

The PoliticaI Correct term is Screaming Terrorists, S.T.

My Dad had an idea he expressed after we, supposedly, "grew-up": Take a room, screen the windows (with a heavy mesh), put extra padding under the rug, "and let them have-at-it".

With TVs the way they are now, put them up on the wall with a protective box with overhang (to block the downward segment of an object's terminal trajectory)

One woman at mosque followed my Dad's suggestion and to keep watch put in a Dutch Door with a mesh top. She said it worked.

Come back home from work, have cookie with hot milk, take a rest  look for a good dentist, then going to the mosque gym and play basketball with Sunni brothers.

I feel toothache and I need dentist soon, but I have a flight on Wed. Don't know what to do

Im at DEN airport. Theres 2 hours layoff. What should I do? Airport visiting?

Strangely 3rd floor is empty. People go and sleep there, but I did my Maghrib and Isha prays there :)

39 minutes ago, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

Strangely 3rd floor is empty. People go and sleep there, but I did my Maghrib and Isha prays there :)

When you are waiting in the airport, there is little to do except eat, shop or relax. Usually, I would choose to relax. 

4 hours ago, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

Salam also you can recite or listen or read a short dua that you like 

Every day I read, especially at ShiaChat. I want to read part of a book (that I bought, was gifted or borrowed) every day. Specifically, I decided to start small and read one book each month; 12 books a year. To make it easy to remember my goal, I put those books in a basket by my chair. If I don't read those books, then I have not reached my goal. If I read more than 12 books, then it's all good. 

2 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

Every day I read, especially at ShiaChat. I want to read part of a book (that I bought, was gifted or borrowed) every day. Specifically, I decided to start small and read one book each month; 12 books a year. To make it easy to remember my goal, I put those books in a basket by my chair. If I don't read those books, then I have not reached my goal. If I read more than 12 books, then it's all good. 

I wonder what books you are reading

On 11/8/2018 at 12:45 AM, Hameedeh said:

Apply for a job. 

Today my goal was to continue my job search research which I did.

I hope your job hunting went too well sister. I didn't realise I had so much to offer after seeing different types of businesses listed in the Yellow Pages directory. Many of my hidden skills have just come out e.g. my Diploma in I.T for computer jobs, Diploma in Psychology (including childhood psychology) from nannies to working in funeral homes, Arts Management degree for working in art and auction houses to market research etc. I hope this gives you some inspiration to expand your horizons by realising all the skills and experiences you may have sister.

On 1/17/2019 at 3:22 PM, ireallywannaknow said:

I wonder what books you are reading

A relative gave me a book for my birthday last year (and I haven't finished reading it yet) so I decided to read her book first. :blush: It's called The Little Book of Hygge (pronounced HOO-GA) Danish Secrets to Happy Living. 

2 minutes ago, Hameedeh said:

A relative gave me a book for my birthday last year (and I haven't finished reading it yet) so I decided to read her book first. :blush: It's called The Little Book of Hygge (pronounced HOO-GA) Danish Secrets to Happy Living. 

I have seen that book and a related book about Hygge Danish culture at my local bookshop. I wanted to buy it. 

18 hours ago, Murtaza1 said:

I have seen that book and a related book about Hygge Danish culture at my local bookshop. I wanted to buy it. 

See if you can find the book in a library. No need to spend money on a book when you can find it (or a similar one) for free. :) 

On 1/23/2019 at 4:54 PM, Hameedeh said:

@Hameedeh @Murtaza1

Excellent read. This quote from the book defines it perfectly:

"When we hygger, we frame the moment, give it our full attention, savour and hold it, in an awareness that the moment will pass. We feel how one moment will become layered onto the next, past and present mingled together - everything falling into place, into one accord".

There is so much to takeaway from this book and the concept of hygge. It truly changes one's perspective of the the world and it teaches one to value each and every moment in your life. Basically, it endorses the age-old concepts of 'less is more' and 'live in the moment'. Do let us know what you think after you've read it. 

12 hours ago, Aflower said:

@Hameedeh @Murtaza1

Excellent read. This quote from the book defines it perfectly:

"When we hygger, we frame the moment, give it our full attention, savour and hold it, in an awareness that the moment will pass. We feel how one moment will become layered onto the next, past and present mingled together - everything falling into place, into one accord".

There is so much to takeaway from this book and the concept of hygge. It truly changes one's perspective of the the world and it teaches one to value each and every moment in your life. Basically, it endorses the age-old concepts of 'less is more' and 'live in the moment'. Do let us know what you think after you've read it. 

Thank you for the quote. As a style Hygger reminds me of Scandinavian style interior design where things are calm and kept to the minimum with bright white light. It expresses the beauty of Northern European countries fresh north sea winds with peace and serenity of open landscape. I relate to it because I was born in Belgium and grew up there on the coast.

Sure I will try and find the book at my local library, no doubt British Library should definetly have it at least and let you know what I think of it. 

I mowed the lawn for a half hour, and left a section incomplete. I'm having a really hard time finding the motivation to go back out and finish it. 

Also, I dug up a bunch of bamboo shoots, so another goal today is to trim, prepare, and can some bamboo shoots. It's terribly labor intensive for a low nutrient food, but I guess it's worth it since one of my people likes them. I might look into the feasibility of making craft paper from the "skin". I have a friend who scrapbooks and makes her own paper. I suppose talking with her would be a fun and pleasant third goal for today, and can be used as motivation for me to finish the first two. 

My goal today is to finalize my daily routine/schedule and implement it in the following days and week. 

I just moved back home after 19 years, praise be to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) the ever merciful for allowing it, and my day to day has been all wonky. 

Nothing big or exciting, but something I am pretty excited about. 

It's good weather for lawn work. 

My goal is to either wake my teenager who wants to mow the lawn, or mow it myself. 

Maybe later I'll take the small people to the beach or a playground. 

My daughter and I planted a few herbs today. That's not a goal since it's already been done, but I'm going to count it anyway.

She also planted a few cherry pits. Maybe they will grow and maybe they won't. We will see. She planted apple seeds the other day and already has six sprouts. I guess I'll need to find and clear space for her orchard.

I'm contemplating taking the kids to the beach today. Last time I contemplated it, we didn't go.

And I need to finish up some laundry, start tonight's supper of chicken and rice, and finish my library book that is due back in a few days.

Mom life is sometimes pretty laid back.

سُـبْـحَـانَ ٱلله

The goal of today,

Is to establish prayers,

Is to study morals,

Is to show compassion,

Is to maintain pledges,

For surely,

Allah favours those who do not raise their heads after proclaiming His name,

If they do,

They are among the wrongdoers.

10 hours ago, Kazemi said:

سُـبْـحَـانَ ٱلله

The goal of today,

Is to establish prayers,

Is to study morals,

Is to show compassion,

Is to maintain pledges,

For surely,

Allah favours those who do not raise their heads after proclaiming His name,

If they do,

They are among the wrongdoers.

At your age, you should already have done this. :ranting:

I feel bad to post another comment on the same page, so I'm hoping it will go to next page so it would be only one comment of mine on the new page. Anyway, today's so nice and I have a big to do list again for this weekend. BTW, I go to Phoenix next week for Muslim Congress (If you're not registered, you still can do it). I have to clean my apt, work, and read Qur'an. Inshaallah everything goes well.

@notme

I have a question. Is it permissible to go to beach? I don't go and whenever my friend asks me to go to beach, I won't. There are uncovered women at beach. That's why I don't go there. Regardless of it being sin or not, I realized it affects on my Islamic mentality, and I don't feel close to Ahlulbait. We do see those scenes everywhere to some extent (that's true), but it's worse at beach usually. Maybe the beach you go, doesn't have those things.