Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Hameedeh

What is your goal today?

Rate this topic

1) fast (what im doing now)

2) make dua at the time of iftar

3) stay up all day so i can get my sleep schedule back on track by being tired at night time (ive been staying up all nights)

4) stop obsessing over american turkish exchange rates in the hopes that hyperinflation in turkey will change public opinion about erdogan

Edited by Hameedeh
ShiaChat does not want anyone to advertise their sins.

The day is almost over. I painted a porch today, but then it rained and ruined part of the work. I guess tomorrow I'll finish up and redo what got rained out. It's starting to look good. 

On 8/1/2018 at 11:13 PM, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

The big chair in the new apt is very comfortable and charming. I don't want to move from here. My goal is sitting here and enjoy reading SC posts for some more time.

Does it look like this?    https://www.deviantart.com/hituro/art/Royal-Throne-442923459 

:D

On 8/1/2018 at 11:27 PM, hasanhh said:

tbh, the chair in the link isn't comfortable. The one I have is perfect. There's something that comes up and you can leave your feet on. The back is extendable and adjustable at any angle. I feel sleepy :)

2 hours ago, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

tbh, the chair in the link isn't comfortable. The one I have is perfect. There's something that comes up and you can leave your feet on. The back is extendable and adjustable at any angle. I feel sleepy :)

So, something like a Royal Recliner ?

On 6/30/2018 at 2:53 AM, ShiaChat Mod said:

When you have a job interview, if there is a difficult question, don't look shocked or upset or in pain or show any kind of negative face. Keep calm and with your normal face which is thoughtful, use your words to describe what you want to say. You could say something like this:

1) That question is really difficult to answer because it depends on ....., (Explain that you need more information before you can make that kind of decision.)

2) I've never been asked that question before, is this a trick question? (little smile, maybe the interviewer will give you more information so that you can respond correctly)

3) Hire me right now and we can discuss this! (You need to know what you are talking about to say this!)

A relative of mine had a job interview and she went a few minutes early and sat down to wait. During the interview the boss said "I like that you came early. If you had come here on time, it would have been late. You're hired!"  

My goals today: (it's more like tasks)

1. My youngest son has a doctor appointment. 

2. The lawn needs to be mowed before the rain returns.

3. I need to finish reading my library book. It's due back soon and I've used all available renewals. 

4. I need to buy some vegetables to go into our supper. 

I think I can do these today. If I have time for more, I'd like to work on some painting a wall or two, I'm eager to put down my colorful new carpet tiles, but can't until painting is finished. 

11 hours ago, notme said:

My goals today: (it's more like tasks)

1. My youngest son has a doctor appointment. 

2. The lawn needs to be mowed before the rain returns.

3. I need to finish reading my library book. It's due back soon and I've used all available renewals. 

4. I need to buy some vegetables to go into our supper. 

I think I can do these today. If I have time for more, I'd like to work on some painting a wall or two, I'm eager to put down my colorful new carpet tiles, but can't until painting is finished. 

Remember your Army days?

When the advertisement was:

"You'll do more by 9 o'clock that most people do all day."

58 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Remember your Army days?

When the advertisement was:

"You'll do more by 9 o'clock that most people do all day."

Yeah, more waiting, more time wasting, more standing around shooting the breeze, more drinking bad coffee. 

On 12/22/2017 at 12:01 AM, Hameedeh said:

My goal is to turn off my wireless mouse when I shut down my computer. That mouse uses a lot of batteries throughout the year. :( 

Pairing the activity of turning off the mouse at the same time that I shut down the computer did work; somewhat, except when I forgot. :rolleyes:

Now I turn the mouse sideways when I turn it off, so I can just look at it and know that I did not forget to turn it off. I can also tell if anyone else moved it. :shifty:  

I'm moving again. See my signature. I need to pack up my stuff, again. I plan on doing a little bit every day. And write down what is in each box, in case I need something before I leave. 

I should be reading a book & making notes and baking croissants, but instead I am sitting on my bed with my laptop, browsing through SC and chatting with my friends. I have told the kids not to disturb me as I am in the middle of some really important work. :shifty::itsok: