Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Hameedeh

What is your goal today?

Rate this topic

16 minutes ago, GD41586 said:

Perhaps after Ukrainian, I will learn Arabic and be able to understand the recitat

Hi you can find many translations of Holy Quran on 

http://tanzil.net/#11:44

http://tanzil.net/#67:6

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

Guest silasun
6 hours ago, Zarla said:

My goal is to complete (or at least partially complete) the outline for my thesis, and read a few more pages of Stats textbook. :itsok:

My condolences. Stats is the worst thing that ever happened to me at school.

9 hours ago, silasun said:

My condolences. Stats is the worst thing that ever happened to me at school.

Everything seems easy once you get your head around all of the basics - you feel like you have mastered the art of Stats. At least, that's how I felt, until I got to exploratory factor analysis and principal component analysis. But I know I can do this. I just need to spend a few more sleepless nights and reread every single page of the chapter. Then, I will be good.

Guest silasun
2 hours ago, Zarla said:

Everything seems easy once you get your head around all of the basics - you feel like you have mastered the art of Stats. At least, that's how I felt, until I got to exploratory factor analysis and principal component analysis. But I know I can do this. I just need to spend a few more sleepless nights and reread every single page of the chapter. Then, I will be good.

Pretty sure you have to do a tonne of exercises too though? I screwed up in stats due to a lack of pratice.

6 hours ago, silasun said:

Pretty sure you have to do a tonne of exercises too though? I screwed up in stats due to a lack of pratice.

Oh yes, definitely! That's why we have weekly quizzes.  It's helped a lot in terms of giving us the practice that we need. The only thing making it difficult is the textbook, which is replete with examples from the author's life who tries so hard to throw in jokes to make stats 'fun' for some people who don't enjoy it or find it difficult to understand. I'm like okay, just give me what I need to know, I am not interested in your life story. And I don't want to read through lots of pages to finally be able to understand what you are talking about. :itsok:

My goal today is to read more & more, to finish & enjoy all those readings.

Eish, too many downloads, loads of them 

On 5/28/2018 at 1:17 PM, Mzwakhe said:

My goal today

That was on Monday...

Haven't read...   but ShiaChat,

Need a scolding wife :pushup:, my other goal

2 hours ago, Mzwakhe said:

That was on Monday...

Haven't read...   but ShiaChat,

Need a scolding wife :pushup:, my other goal

:hahaha:"l have no mercy for masochists."  :threatenlumber:"This is gonna hurt, . . . but not as badly as being marred."

4 hours ago, hasanhh said:

This is gonna hurt, . . . but not as badly as being marred."

When it hurts it hurts hey?!

Yet when marriage is worth it you look to give it a go, for balance purposes, completion to be precise.

Guest silasun

I need to finish this internship application, but my stomach is growling (and will continue to do so for the next 4.5 hours :ko:) and I can't concentrate. 

Can somebody tag me in 10 or more hours time and make sure that I've done it? I want it done before the start of laylat al qadr

9 hours ago, silasun said:

I need to finish this internship application, but my stomach is growling (and will continue to do so for the next 4.5 hours :ko:) and I can't concentrate. 

Can somebody tag me in 10 or more hours time and make sure that I've done it? I want it done before the start of laylat al qadr

Hopefully you did it or are going to @silasun

Do all religious obligations and extra's. 

Take a good long walk of a few hours to think. I'll actually do that now after Fajr prayer... A bit sleepy from staying awake, I'll feel refreshed after the walk.  Not to forgot the big impact my routine walks have on my spiritual well-being.

Finish reading a book I'm currently reading, and finish a drawing I'm making. Do some JAVA programming work, learn some extra maths and physics for the day. That's it I guess.

've a gapyear, so no obligations (except religious).

Guest silasun
1 hour ago, Zurushkan said:

Hopefully you did it or are going to @silasun

Done. 83.333 years worth of good deeds ended 20 minutes ago. It's sleepy sleep time in England :)

My youngest is eligible for preschool through the public school system so tomorrow I need to complete his registration, inshaAllah. 

I also need to check on some insurance related things. Health insurance should be illegal. It's a scam. We would have had modern and available health care like the rest of the first world countries if not for the wealthy insurance people wanting to get wealthier. Greed kills. 

A 45 second video about motivating yourself to get a few things done. The good feeling you get when you do those will spur you to do more and keep feeling good.

Motivating Yourself Can Be Easy - Bob Dietrich

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YR2UVy8wzE 

am off to play ball on the injury. My teammates need me as many are not available so yeah, please pray for me

Guest silasun

So I got the interview for this internship. Do pray that I succeed if that will help me as a person!

On 6/12/2018 at 6:15 AM, silasun said:

So I got the interview for this internship. Do pray that I succeed if that will help me as a person!

Did you have the interview already? 

Guest silasun
15 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

Did you have the interview already? 

Yep. It didn't go too well as I my technical knowledge in that discipline was limited.

Hopefully the other dude(s) fist bumped the interviewers and I'll get it.

Then I'll reject them. Gotta relax over the summer. It feels good to reject employers lol.

8 hours ago, silasun said:

Yep. It didn't go too well as I my technical knowledge in that discipline was limited.

Hopefully the other dude(s) fist bumped the interviewers and I'll get it.

Then I'll reject them. Gotta relax over the summer. It feels good to reject employers lol.

I hope you get an internship in this summer. Internships are very helpful. I learned a lot at my internship.

I'm also looking for job. I recently graduated from school. My advisor was giving me hard time, but I did it Alhamdulillah. I also had a job interview two weeks ago, and my technical knowledge was good but that company and that job was so competitive. Plus, my major is Robotics, but computer science guys are more knowledgeable than me in that area. Anyway, I couldn't pass the test, and now I see that the test was easy. I was so stressed that I couldn't concentrate. Bad thing is that you can only apply to only 3 positions at that company each month. It's not like other companies that you can apply as much as you want.

I'm international student, and it's much harder for us to get a job. Please pray for me. I have another interview on Monday. I need it so much.

Edited by AmirAlmuminin Lover

14 hours ago, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

I'm international student, and it's much harder for us to get a job. Please pray for me. I have another interview on Monday. I need it so much.

Brother, please read Ayatul Kursi before you leave home to go to your interview. Holy Qur'an 2:255. Making dua for you. 

Video: Qur'an Recitation - Ayat Al Kursi - Transliteration - Translation - Arabic

Edited by Hameedeh
Video: Qur'an Recitation - Ayat Al Kursi - Transliteration - Translation - Arabic

4 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

Brother, please read Ayatul Kursi before you leave home to go to your interview. Holy Qur'an 2:255. Making dua for you. 

Video: Qur'an Recitation - Ayat Al Kursi - Transliteration - Translation - Arabic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En4u_nfLGSI

Thanks. I do it every time I go out. Inshaallah it goes well.

I did my job interview today. Please pray for me so that it goes well. I was stressed. Even though I completed given tasks and I had knowledge in them, this stress reduced my performance. If you have any tips on how to reduce the stress, please share.

1 hour ago, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

I did my job interview today. Please pray for me so that it goes well. I was stressed. Even though I completed given tasks and I had knowledge in them, this stress reduced my performance. If you have any tips on how to reduce the stress, please share.

Something not in any selfie-helpie books that l know of is that one thing that reduces "stress" is a sense of resignation. Plus this will only "go" as Allah-s.w.t. allows.

On 6/18/2018 at 11:52 AM, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

I did my job interview today. Please pray for me so that it goes well. 

When you have a job interview, if there is a difficult question, don't look shocked or upset or in pain or show any kind of negative face. Keep calm and with your normal face which is thoughtful, use your words to describe what you want to say. You could say something like this:

1) That question is really difficult to answer because it depends on ....., (Explain that you need more information before you can make that kind of decision.)

2) I've never been asked that question before, is this a trick question? (little smile, maybe the interviewer will give you more information so that you can respond correctly)

3) Hire me right now and we can discuss this! (You need to know what you are talking about to say this!)