Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Hameedeh

What is your goal today?

Rate this topic

15 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

What is more annoying are those wannabe cyclists who drive on the road at 15 km/hr when there's clearly a cycling track.

Especially with Sydney City...(sharing this as your profile says- Australia)

7 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

lf you are trying to get work in the snow, you could be a dog-sledder or dish up snow cones as a vendor.

:ko:

I have to drive about half an hour or so away to get to work. Luckily it wasn't that bad! 

What's your goal for today hasanhh?

8 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Today l will babysit my nephew. He is 2.6 years old and he tries to recite Quran and l help him pronounce. His work-time varies from 5 to 15 minutes. That is the equivalent of a kindergartener's age.  At 2+ years is the age he garbles his words. He recites but his language development is now at the two-word level --although he said a three word ~Friday, but he probably has two of those words internalized as one word. He says, "Momma no coffee", because my sister told him not to drink my coffee. Yesterday, like Friday, l am making coffee and he jumps, runs into the kitchen, says "Momma no coffee" and then runs back to the TV.

That is so cute! <3

My goal today: Make sure I eat healthily.

10 hours ago, hasanhh said:

@ali_fatheroforphans  Why the "sad" face? Because l won't be baby sitting my nephew, or because l will bs (double entendre there) SC?

Nah man, I'm sad because I wanted to hear about your baby sitting experience :D

Yeah babysitting Shiachat is a good alternative. 

1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

:cry: "l won't be babysitting today. My little sister's case got hospitalized so she is at home today."

:einstein:"l know!  l'II babysit SC."

You should come babysit my 3-year-old and teach him to recite Quran while I go outside to work on my little vineyard. It's reached a point now that I can't call it jungle anymore. 

I have a dozen grape plants, but 2-3 might not revive. I have a feeling they've been covered by bamboo and other invasives for a long time. 

But it's raining, so my real goal for today is to not start another book. There was a sale I couldn't resist, so I bought 3 beautiful new hardcover books, but I need to finish the ones I'm working on before I'll allow myself to enjoy the new ones. 

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 9:47 AM, sarah khadem said:

InshaAllah to get my life back on track and to avoid everything that has led to me changing and becoming a negative person. 

I hope to fix up:

1. uni studies
  2. religion wise
  3. health wise (physically and mentally)

Staying healthy is so much work! What kinds of things to you like to do to stay healthy?

2 hours ago, mh7493 said:

Staying healthy is so much work! What kinds of things to you like to do to stay healthy?

Gym, improve eating and instead of taking a car or public transport to go places I would walk it

1 hour ago, sarah khadem said:

Gym, improve eating and instead of taking a car or public transport to go places I would walk it

That's great! I wish I lived in a place where I could walk around. Everything in the US is spread out so we need to drive. What do you like to do at the gym? I like doing yoga a lot. 

13 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Today l will babysit my nephew. He is 2.6 years old and he tries to recite Quran and l help him pronounce. His work-time varies from 5 to 15 minutes. That is the equivalent of a kindergartener's age.  At 2+ years is the age he garbles his words. He recites but his language development is now at the two-word level --although he said a three word ~Friday, but he probably has two of those words internalized as one word. He says, "Momma no coffee", because my sister told him not to drink my coffee. Yesterday, like Friday, l am making coffee and he jumps, runs into the kitchen, says "Momma no coffee" and then runs back to the TV.

Aww...:) Cute!

I decided to go to the Masjid at an unusual time to make a personal dua, it was quite dark, so I walk in and look to see a sister in a long dress prostrating

I think to myself, Astaghfirullah! She must have come into the men's section by mistake. Awkward. I look away immediately and go to the wudu room, hoping she would be gone by the time I'm done

After wudu, I returned to the main room to find her laying down beside a heater in a casual way with her skirt opening facing direction of the door

I think Astaghfirullah again! So I said 'As-salaam alaikum' and was going to tell her the other room is for the ladies.

Then a man's voice replies.... it was a brother wearing an izaar (sarong) :D:D:D

Unintended goal today: Overcome an awkward situation

On 20/03/2018 at 8:21 PM, mh7493 said:

That's great! I wish I lived in a place where I could walk around. Everything in the US is spread out so we need to drive. What do you like to do at the gym? I like doing yoga a lot. 

Pilates, machines mostly

So far I've memorized 3 verses of Surah Al Mulk - it is harder than I expected.

Additional goal for today - start memorizing verse 4 of Surah Al Mulk.

ثُمَّ ارْجِعِ الْبَصَرَ كَرَّتَيْنِ يَنقَلِبْ إِلَيْكَ الْبَصَرُ خَاسِئًا وَهُوَ حَسِيرٌ

Then, behold time and again. Your sight will return to you in a state of humbleness and exhaustion.

8 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

So far I've memorized 3 verses of Surah Al Mulk - it is harder than I expected.

Additional goal for today - start memorizing verse 4 of Surah Al Mulk.

ثُمَّ ارْجِعِ الْبَصَرَ كَرَّتَيْنِ يَنقَلِبْ إِلَيْكَ الْبَصَرُ خَاسِئًا وَهُوَ حَسِيرٌ

Then, behold time and again. Your sight will return to you in a state of humbleness and exhaustion.

goodluck brother

I have a habit of opening browser tabs instead of bookmarking to "read later" on my phone. Today at some time I plan to read my seven tabs that I've accumulated over the past week. If the articles are short I read them right away, but the longer ones tend to accumulate as I tell myself "I'll just leave this tab to read later." 

Today is later, inshaAllah. :)

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 4:36 PM, Be Human First said:

My Goal today is to count on clock as it is friday and after work will do some cleaning/washing and tomorrow i'll pay a visit to my cousin as her husband has gone on business trip, Girls Gossip and Food :D

:discussion: is not as enjoyable as :coffee: is, l think.

My goal is to babysit without falling asleep. l ate too much.  :ko:

On 3/25/2018 at 11:19 PM, hasanhh said:

:discussion: is not as enjoyable as :coffee: is, l think.

I did spend a quality time last weekend and had some delicious food cooked by Host. N now its same old back to work...3 more days to go then its a long weekend (easter) here YAY, I'd go in Imam Ali as birthday gathering (meelad)

22 hours ago, hasanhh said:

l did fall asleep --twice. My brother-in-law took a picture of it as my nephew was asleep next to me. He grabs a pillow, shoves it against me, lays down, wiggles and goes to sleep.

So my goal for Tuesday is:   drummmm rollllll    Not fall asleep.

Memorized 5 verses of Surah Al Mulk.

Goal for today: Memorize verse 6

وَلِلَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا بِرَبِّهِمْ عَذَابُ جَهَنَّمَ ۖ وَبِئْسَ الْمَصِيرُ

And for those who disbelieve in their Lord is the torment of Hell and worst indeed is that abode.

My goal for today is to clean my car.

Gosh it's so embarrassing to find two banana peelings (it was not me lol) under the passenger seat when you have to drop your friend.

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

On 2/9/2016 at 8:17 AM, Servidor said:

5 sales.

Or at least beat the German boy (again) and Englishman today.

I am as well going to carry around an umbrella—I call it my sunbrella—so I don't get sunburnt walking around knocking on doors.

So cute!

And now I own a company and my boss works for me.

:verryhappy:

1 hour ago, Servidor said:

So cute!

And now I own a company and my boss works for me.

:verryhappy:

Isn't life so unexpected and changing? 

Besides professional success, I hope all is well with you, Mr. Seeker.

I'm contemplating creating a plastic recycling company. This will clean up and reduce waste, provide jobs for unskilled workers, and give me flexibility and creative freedom. (Also, I'm pretty sure the Moon and Mars colonies will be 3d printed plastic, so there's that.)

I just need a few thousand dollars for machinery, and a workspace. So for now I'm setting aside pennies and clearing out cluttered space. I'm sure I'll reach the money goal before I reach the space one. Today my goal is to empty one box from my garage, which is tentatively planned to become my workspace. (Or maybe the barn, but it has plumbing problems which seem a bigger obstacle than the clutter in the garage, plus we have already told our teenagers that they can rent the barn when they are adult if they want to move out but not go very far.)

On 2/8/2016 at 4:17 PM, Servidor said:

5 sales.

Or at least beat the German boy (again) and Englishman today.

I respect anyone who wants to shine when it comes to their career. I start a new position tomorrow at a window/glass manufacturing plant and I am terrified that I will not be "good" enough, but I am fighting to overcome that terror and to fly high, shine, and throw myself into this position so that I might learn the entire process of manufacturing a window & manufacturing practices in general that I might have a career I could finally excell in, to bring honor to my mother and sister, help care for my dying grandmother, and find peace in a world in which I feel I do not belong.

My goal today? I didn't have one, as I usually do not make goals as I never fulfill them. I decided to do all my laundry, purchase food (no pork, mostly vegetarian), mow the lawn, clean the animal friends' areas that we share our home with, take out the trash for tomorrow, and just relax prior to the 50+ hours that I will work over the next four days.

While I have no real organized religion, God has laid an opportunity to succeed upon me if I choose properly.

On 4/4/2018 at 8:47 PM, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Memorized 5 verses of Surah Al Mulk.

Goal for today: Memorize verse 6

وَلِلَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا بِرَبِّهِمْ عَذَابُ جَهَنَّمَ ۖ وَبِئْسَ الْمَصِيرُ

And for those who disbelieve in their Lord is the torment of Hell and worst indeed is that abode.

That's tremendously impressive to me.

I am a native English speaker & I am using Duolingo to teach myself to speak my ancestral language of Ukrainian. I know that it is tough to merely memorize the Cyrillic alphabet (I haven't yet). I cannot imagine how difficult it must be to not only learn, but to memorize an ancient recitation in Arabic/Farsi if that isn't your first language,

Perhaps after Ukrainian, I will learn Arabic and be able to understand the recitation.