Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Hameedeh

What is your goal today?

Rate this topic

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:34 AM, hasanhh said:

Well, it is almost Noon ... well at this old dotard's speed it is.

Looking for a goal ... Hmmmmmmmm ... pay a bill, take some accumulated empties to the recycling center, go to store, .... and then sleep to round-out a full day.

The bin l take the empties to the recycling center is still in the car --after 3 days.

l have two empty containers in the garage.

Am l going to have to rearrange my furniture or just take the bin out of the car?

Yeah, tomorrow, inshhallah, l'II take the bin out. This way l won't have to clean anything.

12 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Am l going to have to rearrange my furniture or just take the bin out of the car?

I have a habit of leaving non-perishable groceries in my car, then when we need the space for people to sit, I remember it and bring it in to the pantry.  Right now I have some canned vegetables and a cake mix in my car, among other things that I don't remember. 

Grr.  Thanks for the reminder.  Now I have to bring them in.  :angry:

My goals for today:

• Drink 3 cups of tea,
  • Watch a movie or documentary for a little while, my to-watch list is getting too long since I've added two from the "What are you currently watching" thread,
  • Read for enjoyment,
  • Make and eat a salad,
  • Decide what I want to "be" when I "grow up".  :D

It snowed, so all my outdoor plans are cancelled.

22 hours ago, hasanhh said:

The bin l take the empties to the recycling center is still in the car --after 3 days.

l have two empty containers in the garage.

Yeah, tomorrow, inshhallah, l'II take the bin out. This way l won't have to clean anything.

:clap:"l accomplished my goal, this morning."

l got the empties in  the garage tossed in, but not the ones in the kitchen.  l guess l'II do that the next time l vacuum the stove.

14 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Nah man we should all read from the cradle to the grave.

Agreed, but to me, reading on anti-social and/or self-destructive behaviors belongs in psych classes and police offices.

On 3/12/2018 at 10:00 PM, Islandsandmirrors said:

Breathe. 

This is my goal every day, and to sleep more. I push myself to do so much, and very often sleep only 6 hours in order to do other things.  :( 

On 3/13/2018 at 10:49 AM, notme said:

My goals for today:

• Drink 3 cups of tea,
  • Watch a movie or documentary for a little while, my to-watch list is getting too long since I've added two from the "What are you currently watching" thread,
  • Read for enjoyment,
  • Make and eat a salad,
  • Decide what I want to "be" when I "grow up".  :D

It snowed, so all my outdoor plans are cancelled.

I actually drank 4 cups: one black, one green, two herbal, so I'm ahead on that one. I managed to watch a movie for 10 minutes. I read a bit of Meditations while waiting for my daughter's school bus, and the salad was perfect. Unfortunately, I still don't know what I want to "be" when I grow up. 

Today I've got household chores to do, and baking a loaf of bread. After that, I noticed some trash has blown into my yard - I'll need to pick it up, and whatever fell from the trees in the wind and snow. 

For the past year or so, the owners of the property next to mine have been transforming it from an undisturbed woodland to a huge fancy house. Over the weekend they had some landscape contractors plowing and seeding their new treeless lawn and those guys accidentally uprooted a Camillia plant that was on my side of the property line. After some shouts, threats, and a phone call to the property owner, they planted it back, but I fear the damage will be too much for the little tree to recover. My daughter really loves the flowers that it makes, and apparently it can be used to harvest our own tea leaves, so it would be tragic to lose it. 

Goal for today: I've got 3 pots, some potting soil, and some rooting hormone. Equipped with information gleaned from the internet, I'm planning to take some cuttings and grow some clones of the damaged plant. That way, inshaAllah, even if the mother tree dies, we will still have its children. If they all live, that's even better. 

The flowers are pink and white striped and they smell lightly sweet. According to my research, the tea produced from the young leaves is similar to the commercially available Camellia sinensis.

My brother mailed me a book 6 weeks ago and I texted him to say Thank you. It is so embarrassing that I haven't finished reading it yet. Never buy a book for someone else unless you see it on their own Amazon wish list. :blush: 

21 minutes ago, Hameedeh said:

My brother mailed me a book 6 weeks ago and I texted him to say Thank you. It is so embarrassing that I haven't finished reading it yet. Never buy a book for someone else unless you see it on their own Amazon wish list. :blush: 

What would you do is he asks you its GIST? :)

Just now, Be Human First said:

What would you do is he asks you its GIST? :)

He is too busy to contact me about his book, but I am bound to read it and email him my summary. I have put it off far too long. :blush: 

1 hour ago, Hameedeh said:

Never buy a book for someone else unless you see it on their own Amazon wish list. :blush: 

I disagree - I love getting books, even if they're a little different from what I'd choose for myself. 

But all my family and friends know that I'll get to it when I get to it. I have several yet unread books on my shelves. 

Edited by notme

Today I was sitting on my chair and working on the project. Update window appeared on my linux system as always. It was showing a new version of OS is available. I said ok lets update laptop and I work on windows system on my desk. After updating, I restarted laptop, but guess what? It didn't boot up. I became very stressed because I had projects, codes, etc. on laptop a I didn't have backup from data. I searched online to get data somehow, but I became hopeless at the end. Finally I found a way to do it a and it worked. Then I installed new updated linux OS and i stalled softwares on it.

I think Allah wanted to tell me:" Remember me all the time even when you feel safe and secured. I can change situation in a way that you won't even think of". He is right because I used OS update before and I didn't have problem.

The good thing about today is if you didn't reach your goal yesterday you can try again. Let's do this! :) 

At some time today I need to remove some stuff from my car. I'm driving the carpool to a meeting tomorrow afternoon. 

Also I need to bake a birthday cake. :) My youngest turned 3 yesterday, but we celebrate on the weekends. 

12 hours ago, hasanhh said:

My goal today is to sleep.

l started my Saturday, sleepy and getting a SC 'fix' for my addiction.

Good night all.         :bye:

l slept a solid 9 hours and spent the next 3 hours trying to get my heart started.

After several cups of coffee and several cigarettes l am back for my SC 'fix'.

Then l'II be good for another all-nighter.

Yay me! I reached the back fence behind the overgrown grapevines! 

There's still stuff on the ground that needs to be cleaned up, and I need to put some grapevines onto trellises, but I can feel real, discernable progress! I may finish this before the ticks come out after all! 

Goals for tomorrow will have to include standing outside, admiring my work. :)

I had a good sleep, rest over last weekend, and today all set for Monday. Thanks to Almighty for everything.

Happy to reach work before time, as since few months the traffic been horrible and changing the route since alst week to work has helped me to be on the time that i wanted to be at.

I can't stand lazy drivers on road. :(

I hate people when they drive on 40kmph/hr when its 60-70 zone.

1 hour ago, Be Human First said:

I had a good sleep, rest over last weekend, and today all set for Monday. Thanks to Almighty for everything.

Happy to reach work before time, as since few months the traffic been horrible and changing the route since alst week to work has helped me to be on the time that i wanted to be at.

You sound like my Little Sister. My nickname for her is Nascar

1 hour ago, Be Human First said:

What is more annoying are those wannabe cyclists who drive on the road at 15 km/hr when there's clearly a cycling track.

21 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

What is more annoying are those wannabe cyclists who drive on the road at 15 km/hr when there's clearly a cycling track.

So True, But i give them way because I do go cycling at times, & I know the feeling :)