Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Hameedeh

What is your goal today?

Rate this topic

I'm really trying to finish a book, but it has lost my attention. I'm more than halfway through - I think I can make it to the end. Maybe not all the way to the end today, but I hope to make good progress, and maybe get my mind back into it again. 

2 hours ago, notme said:

I'm really trying to finish a book, but it has lost my attention. I'm more than halfway through

If you have lost interest and it's not going to benefit you in life then I'd say don't finish it just for the sake of it. I had this problem where I had this guilty/uneasy feeling if I left a book unfinished then I realised life is too short to read boring books :D

1 hour ago, starlight said:

If you have lost interest and it's not going to benefit you in life then I'd say don't finish it just for the sake of it. I had this problem where I had this guilty/uneasy feeling if I left a book unfinished then I realised life is too short to read boring books :D

It's not boring - it's emotionally draining. It's a book of essays on how to relieve poverty, and they were collected 12 years ago. A lot of the suggestions might have worked, but now it's too late. It's frustrating because it seems futile, but still it's good ideas in case the world ever becomes right for these ideas again. I've decided to push on through. 

Not that I have any financial influence on the world. 

4 hours ago, notme said:

It's not boring - it's emotionally draining. It's a book of essays on how to relieve poverty, and they were collected 12 years ago. A lot of the suggestions might have worked, but now it's too late. It's frustrating because it seems futile, but still it's good ideas in case the world ever becomes right for these ideas again. I've decided to push on through. 

Not that I have any financial influence on the world. 

Whatever you do, don't loose your motivation on reading books. Reading books brings your intelectuality to higher levels.

Just this morning I read one post about Ayatollah Khamenei. He follows most recent good books not just Iranian books. He reads western books as well. The person who was talking with him was surprised on how Ayatollah Khamenei is interested in reading different and recent books.

On 16/01/2018 at 2:50 AM, Hameedeh said:

Good luck, Sister. Praying for you. 

Thank you so much sister, I really appreciate that. :) 

On 16/01/2018 at 2:54 AM, hasanhh said:

Since Crastin is a polybutidiene, l guess you want to do some professional polymerizing. Or should l just go ahead and look the word up.

Lol, please look it up already! 

Morning has almost passed - time is too fast!

The weather is beautiful, though there is still a bit of snow on the ground in shady patches. Today seems a good day to do outdoor work. 

Here's how my to-do list works: everything gets assigned to today. Whatever isn't finished today gets moved to tomorrow. I don't actually rewrite it, I just check it off when it's done. If you look at my calendar, you'd think I have very productive Mondays and decline through the week, until I hardly ever get anything accomplished on Sundays.

I want to do more outdoor work today, but there are construction workers next door and I'm not sure my toddler son would be safe playing nearby while I work. Plus I need to use the chainsaw for part of my task, and I don't quite feel safe chainsawing with small children nearby. 

Yah! My goal today is to finally finish my qâdha prayers. I had 200 prayers, and now I'm down to 18. Huge relief now. Praise to Allah.

Furthermore, I'm soon going to chose what I want to study (currently having gap year). I think I will begin taking a fresh morning walk, while thinking about my future.

1 hour ago, Hamodiii said:

Is beating up yourself a goal?

lol 

That's how I feel when my goals don't materialise. I think you're onto something. 

How about I pinch myself, you slap your wrist and just so Hasanhh doesnt feel left out, we'll put him in a mid-air collision imminent MIG lol

17 minutes ago, saas said:

lol 

That's how I feel when my goals don't materialise. I think you're onto something. 

How about I pinch myself, you slap your wrist and just so Hasanhh doesnt feel left out, we'll put him in a mid-air collision imminent MIG lol

Actually made my day, but I was thinking more of brutally injure myself?

There were a lot of off-topic posts above. Let's get back on topic. You have a goal and telling us means you are accountable for that goal. If you don't do it, then you will be embarrassed. Potentially. Nobody will hold your feet to the fire. 

6 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

There were a lot of off-topic posts above. Let's get back on topic. You have a goal and telling us means you are accountable for that goal. If you don't do it, then you will be embarrassed. Potentially. Nobody will hold your feet to the fire. 

l have two goals for today. One, not to be thrown into "the fire" head first ....:D

and second, to do some research for my little sister.

13 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

Potentially. Nobody will hold your feet to the fire. 

A person will only be embarrassed if they hold their own feet to the fire. :)

My goals for today:

I've started an online class. I'd like to complete half of a module today, inshaAllah. 

I also must plan my monthly dinner menu for February, so I can minimize grocery shopping. 

It's too cold for outdoor work - too cold for me anyway. Brrr. 

School is out early today, so my plans have to remain flexible. I'm sure the kids will have their own ideas of how I should spend my time. 

I'd really enjoy making some progress on a book today. I'm reading Meditations by Marcus Aurelius. According to my genealogy research, he's my 61st great grandfather. Although it's probably not divinely inspired, there is wisdom to be found in the teachings of Stoicism. This book is a pleasant and relaxing read. I'd like to find time for it today.