Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Chinali

Visit to Iran From Islamabad

Rate this topic

salam brothers and sisters! 

im planning to take my mom with me to Iran for ziarat purposes. InshaAllah will do this next month if possible! Recently financially not so strong so trying to save a bit. Hope some of brithers and sisters would give me a complete advice and route trip. Its my first time to Iran and i dont really know except Imam Reza AS shrine thers any other shrine. So ill type in points whatever i want to know :

1-     Names of shrines all over Iran.

2-     Tickets price from Islamabad to Iran return

ticket

3-     Any agent or any other way to book the

hotel in advance or list of hotels in cities

where I should go for visiting and average

price of the hotels there.

4-     Means of transportation from one city to

another

5-     If possible then the complete route like for

example which zyarat i should do first and 

which later. Which way would be cheaper!

Thanks alot in advance brothers and sisters would be really glad if someone helps answer all questions

Budget from Islamabad and back would be 2 lac for both persons, in total including flights hotel food and everything! Hope its enough!

waiting for your kind replies

Salam

Live like Ali AS  Die like Hussain AS

How many days in Iran?

PKR 2 lacs is less than USD 2000. Thie is not enough to pay for everything, even if you have a week in Iran. Return ticket alone would cost to the tune of PKR 40/50K per person. Then there is internal travel between Tehran (Qom) and Mashad. Given how the routes are from Pakistan, you would be doing some backtracking in Iran.

I don't know how much a hotel would cost. Five years ago we found decent musafirkhanah (Bed and breakfast type cheap places) for PKR 3000-4000 a night. Prices must have gone up. Add food, taxis and intercity travel and I think you're looking at more than 2 lacs for two.

:salam:

I have no clue about how much it costs to travel from Pakistan to Iran (I heard from numerous Pakistani students that it is expensive), but there is no direct flight from Islamabad to Tehran as far as I know. The options you will have are from Iran Air (once a week) from Karachi to Tehran. Shaheen Air (once a week) from Lahore to Mashhad, and your other option is to go to via Dubai to Tehran (sometimes that ends up being cheaper). 

Since you are on a budget, there really is no reason to go elsewhere other than the city of Mashhad (shrine of Imam Ridha) and Qom (shrine of Lady Ma'suma). I know Pakistanis who - because they are tight on budget - only come to Mashhad and then return back. I think your plane tickets themselves will be expensive, so you won't really be left with much. However, with around $1000 in-hand, you should be just about safe if you just visit only Mashhad for example (again, depends on how many days you wish to be there). Going to another city would be too risky, especially since you are just going for Ziyaraat and are not aware of how to get by. A local or someone who is familiar with the country would be able to do both the cities with about a $1000 (not including tickets for the plane). 

Depending on which airlines you take and which city you land in, travelling from one city to another can end up costing you a bit. If you land in Tehran, your best option will be to take a taxi to Qom (if you know someone in Qom already they can easily send some cheap driver for you, otherwise the airport guys will charge really heavily). To get to Mashad, you have 2-3 options. Either you have to book a local flight, or you can take a train from Tehran or even from Qom (depending on whether it is available or not). Train from Qom/Tehran to Mashhad can be around 12-13 hours. The cheapest option is probably bus from Qom to Mashhad which I believe is around the same amount of time (maybe a few hours more) but will be relatively expensive.

I think coming with at least $2000 on hand and doing Ziyarat of both Mashhad and Qom is less risky and a safer option. Maybe try saving up a bit more money InshAllah - may Allah (swt) assist you on this noble journey.

Wassalam

Edited by Ibn al-Hussain

thanks alot brothers and sisters but i still dodnt get what i wanted to know  would really appreciate if someone can give details of what points i have asked  and tell me what bugdet should be enough to travel comfortably without saving alot and without sharing cabs without living in musafir khana etc  i want to take my mom and travel smoothly  i can get more amount of money if needed i just thought if the budget to be 1 lac rupees per person  if not enough i can get more. please elaborate !

thanks

m3a salama

Dont you have agencies that take care of everything's from travel to food and guidance ? Here in India for Holy hajj and Holy Umrah,we have like literally a million agencies,where you just pay once and everything,i mean literally everything is taken care by them. Why don't you see,if there's something like that. Maybe a bit costlier but a whole lot safer,easier and hassle free.

4 hours ago, Chinali said:

salam brothers and sisters! 

im planning to take my mom with me to Iran for ziarat purposes. InshaAllah will do this next month if possible! Recently financially not so strong so trying to save a bit. Hope some of brithers and sisters would give me a complete advice and route trip. Its my first time to Iran and i dont really know except Imam Reza AS shrine thers any other shrine. So ill type in points whatever i want to know :

1-     Names of shrines all over Iran.

A Lot. Major shrines are in Mashad and Qom. However shrines of different imamzadeh's can be found in all major cities.

2-     Tickets price from Islamabad to Iran return

ticket

cheapest one would be shaheen air,Lahore to Mashad.however dont take my word for it. Check with your local travel agency. I dont know if their is any direct flight from Islamabad.

3-     Any agent or any other way to book the

hotel in advance or list of hotels in cities

where I should go for visiting and average

price of the hotels there.

Al e Imraan hotel is good.

here is their contact number of pakistan.

Phone : +92-42-37659866Mobile : 0321-4162022 you can pay for your booking here in pakistan too if you want. I dont know about the exact price.

You also have the option to just walk in to any hotel and get a room. You can find cheap ones as well as expensive ones. 

4-     Means of transportation from one city to

another

Most probably you will travel between Mashad and Tehran, so train will be better. From Tehran to Qom, get a shared taxi. which you can find outside main bus terminal stop of Tehran metro.

5-     If possible then the complete route like for

example which zyarat i should do first and 

which later. Which way would be cheaper!

Check with air fare first. if Tehran's flight is cheaper than go to tehran first and then Qom and then Mashad. Otherwise visit Mashad first and then go to Tehran and Qom.

Thanks alot in advance brothers and sisters would be really glad if someone helps answer all questions

Budget from Islamabad and back would be 2 lac for both persons, in total including flights hotel food and everything! Hope its enough!

waiting for your kind replies

Salam

Live like Ali AS  Die like Hussain AS

34 minutes ago, sunnilove2hussain said:

Dont you have agencies that take care of everything's from travel to food and guidance ? Here in India for Holy hajj and Holy Umrah,we have like literally a million agencies,where you just pay once and everything,i mean literally everything is taken care by them. Why don't you see,if there's something like that. Maybe a bit costlier but a whole lot safer,easier and hassle free.

salam  actually i want to travel on my own not with travel group so i have to arrange everything by myself!

btw thx for your idea!

sure thx alot brother !  by doing some research online i came through a conclusion for the expenses

1- flight tickets for 3( will take my mom and sister too) : 50000rs x 3 = 150000rs

2- after landing in tehran airport will take a cab or a bus to qom - 2500rs - 72500 toman

3- stay in qom for 3 days in hotel - 3000rs - 87000 toman

4- transportation around qom - 1000rs - 29000toman

5- Go to Mashhad ( dont really know mode of transport and dont know the price but i guess should be overnight train) - 3 people 1500rs per person - 4500rs - 130,500 toman

6- Stay in Mashhad 4 days - 4000rs - 116,000 toman

7- Go to Tehran - 4500rs - 130,500 toman

8- Transportation around Tehran - 1000rs - 29000 toman

9- Food : 1000rs per day x 10 = 10000rs - 290,000 toman

10- Other expenses : 15000rs ( just in case dont really know where else would have to use them though) - 435,000 toman

in total a rough estimate would be :

195500 pakistani rupees : excluding airflight ticket in Iran have to spend 50000rs i.e. 14,50,000 toman - is it a fair estimate or would it not be enough at all?