Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Fiverr.com situated in Israel

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam to all,

I'm working as a freelance graphic and web designer @ fiverr.com, I have made hundreds of dollars in the past and yesterday, when I was searching about Fiverr, I got to know that Fiverr is an israeli business, by this I mean that Fiverr has his main head quarter at Israel. I wonder if its ethically and morally good to work on Fiverr as my equations relates to that $1 cut of fiverr for every job would support the Israeli govt. as Fiverr itself pays tax to the government.

What are your ideas, Should I stop working there?

• Advanced Member

W A Salaam,

Obviously, working for the kaafir, particularly harbi kafir, is not allowed; however, if you can, by doing so, enforce some justice, reveal some truth to the world, etc. in a remarkable scale, then it will be allowed.

Ali bin Yaqteen, a great companion of Imam Kadim's a.s., was in an almost similar situation.

• Veteran Member

Everyone pays taxes one way or another and governments use the money against humanity. All governments are evil. If governments were politicians then Israeli govt is the Donald Trump of them -- they just happen to be shameless and direct and don't bother with cover ups and other deceptive sophistications.

In any case, this is a decision you will have to make on your own.

Unfortunately, Shia these days cant use their brain sometimes, and are always relying on "Maraji" thus because it seems I have to understand people around here I always have to document things with what a Marja says, because every single member will give his "opinion" and they will do what they want regarding their personal benefit and make it seem "okay".

Question: I know there is a company which is helping Israel monthly. What is the fatwa about working in such a company and purchasing its products?

Answer: If it allocates part of its income for supporting Israel, it is not permissible.
---------------------
Question: Is it permissible to buy or sell Israeli products?
Answer: It is not permissible.

Transaction with Zionist Companies
It is incumbent on every Muslim to refrain from buying, selling commodities imported from Israel. It is ḥarām to make use of goods produced by Zionist companies or companies which spend the profits to help the occupying state of Israel.
  • Advanced Member

^ want a medal for being 'smart' and having to help 'brainless' shia  like us or something ?

Anyhow try to find an alternative to this company. Its better to avoid israel associated companies. 

Try googling 'fiverr alternatives' and you get plenty if results . See what suits you. Here is a link i found : http://www.fiverrstuff.com/websites-like-fiverr-alternatives/

On 2/5/2016 at 10:52 AM, CaptainGalaxy said:

^ want a medal for being 'smart' and having to help 'brainless' shia  like us or something ?

Yes, can you send it to me by DHL please?

On 2/5/2016 at 0:55 PM, Abrar7866 said:

@John Al-Ameli I have inquired some questions from Fiverr in order to get the idea of Fiverr working. Lets see what happens and if not, I have to go back to upwork.com.

True, but still I mean, working with an israeli company regardless if they help the government or military or not, I don't think it would make you feel comfortable would it?

• Advanced Member

I have to leave on coming 16 as I would transfer my every money from fiverr to my bank account on 16. Thanks for the help sp. The fatawas of ayatollah sistani was a beacon of hope. 

I asked fiverr and here is what they replied:

Screenshot_2016-02-14-12-30-09.thumb.png