Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Semiramis

Remaining unmarried in Islam

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, DigitalUmmah said:

6 of the 12 Imams (as) did not marry sayedzadis - I believe that Imam Redha (as) wife (or mother?) was a black african cook. 

the sayed/ non sayed marriage issue can boil down to Imam Musa Kadhim (as) daughters - the anti marriage side sees it as evidence that sayedzadis cannot marry non sayeds, while the pro marriage side says that there were secondary conditions i.e. Imam (as) spent 16 years in prison, and there was massive persecution against shia so taqiyya was neccessary, meaning no suitors could come for their hands. 

Interesting.

So how many daughters are we speaking about ?

Whoever really believes that the reason the Imam's daughters weren't married is because there was no Hashimi men around is a fool.

On top of that, there are a few different wills of the Imam [a] that have reached us, and none of them state this as condition for the daughters to be married off.

This isn't even selective reading of history, it is a lack of reading of history, the goal of it is to try and bend history to cultural norms that are based on non-Imami ideas (I won't say non-Muslim, because I think that I read that the Zaydis are also quite strict about sayeds marrying each other - although clearly the people in South Asia who believe in this only do so because of the cast system)

29 minutes ago, Ali_Hussain said:

Whoever really believes that the reason the Imam's daughters weren't married is because there was no Hashimi men around is a fool.

On top of that, there are a few different wills of the Imam [a] that have reached us, and none of them state this as condition for the daughters to be married off.

This isn't even selective reading of history, it is a lack of reading of history, the goal of it is to try and bend history to cultural norms that are based on non-Imami ideas (I won't say non-Muslim, because I think that I read that the Zaydis are also quite strict about sayeds marrying each other - although clearly the people in South Asia who believe in this only do so because of the cast system)

Many sayed maraji married their daughters to non sayeds, eg sayed khomeinis daughter.

Personally i dont think it should happen though, unless there literally is no other choice

10 hours ago, DigitalUmmah said:

hire an investigator if you need to

Paranoid much? post-73242-0-90424800-1364675948.jpg if they have a long engagement deceptions should come to the surface.

14 hours ago, certainclarity said:

Salam,

Allah's priority can be known thru, what he has made wajib on you then the mustahab.

Seeking knowledge of religion is wajib ,  praying is wajib, fasting is wajib, character building is wajib, getting married is mustahab, unless you feel you will fall into sin.

If one is not really needy physically, emotionally , financially for a spouse, better to concentrate on the wajib, and if a good God conscious man comes and asks for you in marriage , you can do the mustahab.

Wish you all the best.

Wasalam,

Exactly, That's what I'm trying on focus on for whatever time i have in this world. But I used think marriage help in carrying out wajabaat only if you have pious spouse, but if you have some one materialistic then it's better to remain alone. That's why I have decided to remain alone.  

BTW in my case it was  cough.... **Wo***   cough  **man**  !! 

Any ways thanks for the best Wishes.... Bless you

Edited by AvengerAfterRepentance

ما بنی بناء فی الاسلام احب الی الله من التزویج »

; نزد خداوند هیچ بنایی محبوب تر از خانه ای نیست که از طریق ازدواج آباد گردد

"There is no base that is more beloved to Allah (swt) than the base that's built upon marriage."

(source:  میرزا آقا نوری طبرسی،مستدرک الوسائل،ج 14،ص 153 )

Mustadrak al-Wasa'il wa Mustanbat al-Masa'il,  al-Hajj Mirza Husayn al-Nuri al-Tabarsi (d. 1320 A.H.) Volume 14, page 153