Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
The Green Knight

A discovery I made and what to do with it

Rate this topic

Did you really?

The first job is to patent it. You need to head to the nearest Patent attorney/lawyer firm which specializes in this.

And then find a good sponsor, preferably someone who is into manufacturing batteries. Strike a deal to manufacture them. The deal can be time-bound, for example for a couple of years.

Learn the business and gain the required capital. And then try to start your own business or try to gain a better deal with an even bigger sponsor/investor.

Edited by alisayyed

^ He said it.

1.get a patent.

2. If you can't do it yourself, find someone to finance it.

3. Start manufacturing and selling

4. Give away some  free samples to friends (ahem) :itsok:

Patent it, take video's of yourself explaining it, date it, print it (keep it on your PC and email). Keep is a secret, and then patent it asap. If you're patenting it in other countries, check theres no corruption. They could kill you quite easily and benefit from such a discovery. Be safe.

After youve done the above go on Dragons Den. If youre in a country that doesnt have their own Dragons Den take a trip to UK and go on the next series of ours. I'll keep a look out for you! :grin:

Special and quite expensive industrial batteries available in, say, a telephone exchange can last up to 25 years or so they say. However those are prohibitively expensive and they use the centuries old "lead acid" mechanism. Its true that there are many new inventions like LiFePo4 or what not which use altered electrodes and chemistry to give certain benefits. Even in the old lead acid there are several alterations being offered like AGM (activated glass mat) with valves and pastes instead of electrolyte. Charge them without sophistication and you have a disaster. All batteries have their advantages and disadvantages.

However I'm talking about something completely different. The oldest, tested and true "flooded lead acid" style. With enough modifications I can make even existing FLA batteries last very, very long. All I can give away about the discovery is that it has to be FLA type. Not dry, not lithium ion, etc. My design involves a very low cost alteration but its not for vehicles due to the increased weight and size involved.

The problem I presented hasn't been realized. Patents are just another deception. The problem with patents today is (considering you get one):

- Companies used to buy patents. Now they find it cheaper to employ a lawyer and force the inventor into bankruptcy or/and submission. Its a brave new world, as they say, with heaps more corruption than ever. Patent offices are in their control. Heck, governments are in their control.

- Because the discovery is obviously anti-economy in a severe fashion, I really doubt I will find a big company ready and willing to manufacture based on my design. Only some small time company not planning far ahead or thinking of market and economy might want to. Battery business is the third largest business in the world. Lead acid batteries are over 90% recyclable and ARE recycled and sold back. Now if a battery does not die the consumer will not buy a new one, or, if it takes much longer to fail meanwhile the battery corporation will be losing a lot of money directly proportional to the life of the battery. So it is against their interest to say the least, it is against their survival.

I hope now we can all understand the problem.

18 minutes ago, Ruq said:

After youve done the above go on Dragons Den. If youre in a country that doesnt have their own Dragons Den take a trip to UK and go on the next series of ours. I'll keep a look out for you! :grin:

No idea what a dragons den is.

I happen to know that there are firms that specialize in marketing such inventions. They will give a share. I wish to emphasize that marketing new inventions is their main business.

I remember going through one of such a firm's website, when I was looking for a job. I cant remember the name of the org. Anyway, it wont help as the org is probably Indian. I am trying to say that it is very much possible to find such firms. These guys will help you get your product sold.

If you do decide to partner with such a firm, then please do perform a quick reference check, i.e. you can ask them up-front- about what is their most successful product till date, and also get the contact details of some of the inventors who partnered with them. Phone up the inventors to know about their experience with the firm- testimonials.

Also, there is no hurry. Most likely this is not a race against time. It will be best if you go slow, at least till the time of the market-launch.

21 minutes ago, Khudayar said:

Congratulations, bro. This might be a good place to try: http://www.sharif.ir/web/en/

Thats a university.....? I've been in universities and have known many suits and neckties. Could have chosen to be one myself.

28 minutes ago, alisayyed said:

I happen to know that there are firms that specialize in marketing such inventions. They will give a share. I wish to emphasize that marketing new inventions is their main business.

I remember going through one of such a firm's website, when I was looking for a job. I cant remember the name of the org. Anyway, it wont help as the org is probably Indian. I am trying to say that it is very much possible to find such firms. These guys will help you get your product sold.

If you do decide to partner with such a firm, then please do perform a quick reference check, i.e. you can ask them up-front- about what is their most successful product till date, and also get the contact details of some of the inventors who partnered with them. Phone up the inventors to know about their experience with the firm- testimonials.

Also, there is no hurry. Most likely this is not a race against time. It will be best if you go slow, at least till the time of the market-launch.

Those are 99% scams. I have been making discoveries and inventions since 10 years. I know how these things are suppressed and hidden to maintain illusion. Its not so easy to have the world benefit from them unless there is huge amounts of money to rob from people. On the other hand I do not wish to be another fool who patents his discovery only to take it to his grave with him or sell it to someone who will drop it in a locked box so it never sees daylight again for the sake of oil, economy or avoiding public disclosure.

Edited by Darth Vader

Actually all I need is 10K USD to start producing these batteries on my own, with only one employee. But I'm sure even if patented there will be copies. In Pakistan, civil suits used to take generations and tons of money. Now they just hire the judges. That is whats stopping me.

11 minutes ago, Darth Vader said:

Actually all I need is 10K USD to start producing these batteries on my own, with only one employee. But I'm sure even if patented there will be copies. In Pakistan, civil suits used to take generations and tons of money. Now they just hire the judges. That is whats stopping me.

that is very unfair

34 minutes ago, Darth Vader said:

Thats a university.....? I've been in universities and have known many suits and neckties. Could have chosen to be one myself.

I know you could. I just show you an institue which can help you produce and market it. :)

Edited by Khudayar

Last time I checked the Shias have the highest concentration of better/genuine/sincere human beings as compared to the rest of brands out there. So, and I have many friends on SC and thats why I shared the story in hopes we could exchange ideas on what to do with it. Its an amusing situation for me. Its not really intended as a downright serious business meeting nor do I seek monetary gains, something which almost everyone would kill for these days. As for fame, if I ever sought that then I could resort to singing. ^^^

Edited by Darth Vader

contact www.ted.com or NGO,s and work with the poor. There must be a way to first give it to the ones that need it and may take on a different form then a monetary one where you make billions and ride an elephant to your office.

I recall this guy on TED Talks who had made a sanitary napkin machine on the cheap for rural indian women, He gave it out for free or at cost.

good luck.

Kickstarter is the another good one. I think you would have to research how other kickstarter campaigns have gone, whether they had problems with patent copies. And if you do start one, then you would need to contact as many websites that have something in relation with the latest tech to promote your idea. Thus giving you coverage and identity as being the sole inventor.

5 hours ago, Darth Vader said:

Its not really intended as a downright serious business meeting nor do I seek monetary gains, something which almost everyone would kill for these days. 

I haven't yet meet anyone who doesn't want more money. 

Most people say " I do this because I love this work". But they forget that the priority of why they do the work is because of food on table and shelter for protection.  So basically everything we do, we do for monetary reasons.  If I am not mistaken. 

I don't get it. Why wouldn't you want your live to be easier in the long run by Gods help and be able to help others.

On 1/23/2016 at 9:01 AM, uponthesunnah said:

Patent it, take video's of yourself explaining it,

No video. Unless you only show your hands. Do not show your face or reveal your real name or where you live, etc. 

Do all the things that are sensible and practical to protect the IP (Intellectual Property) of the invention, then rely on Allah(s.w.a), i.e. have tawwakul. If this invention will be a good thing for people and humanity, then it is worth doing, fe sabilillah. Fame and fortune are not a guarantee for anyone. It could happen, it could not happen. But if you are doing it for the right reasons, then at least you could live with yourself and sleep at night, and if something even more happens, then it is a bonus. 

First I didn't write that its an invention, I wrote that I have discovered. There is a difference. It most probably exists in the oldest patents. Lead acid battery was invented centuries ago. I have seen many old patents and today people spend a lot of time trying to replicate them, for example Tesla's or Stanley Meyer's. The key is knowledge of how something works. Once you know you can design with new parameters or replicate albeit a patent will intentionally try to misguide replicators in order to discourage them and protect its secrecy. I know people and stories how patents did not help them or how they got arrested and their inventions or replications were confiscated. How they found out that the patent of their invention already existed and owned by some mothballed company belonging to some corporation giant.

They know all these things and have patented them in advance. The law is there for their convenience not the people's. This is how they establish a monopoly and have enslaved the human race. I have spent years in the amateur scientist and replicators circles starting with the quest for 'free energy' it is how I know and was able to build things. So a patent in our case is like asking for trouble. If it were some new hair plucking device or a vibrating toy I am sure it would be patented and things would go smoothly but game changing items do not qualify. Trust me. I even know of a few local individuals who used to offer water electrolysis devices for cars that generate hydrogen fuel to increase mileage. They were shut down right after publicity and none can do anything about it. I knew one of them personally. He was intimidated by the government. The guy whose cell produced the most hydrogen and made the car run of it alone (Engr Agha Waqar) is still under watch and has sold nothing for years.

There is the practical problem. Its a very big problem too.

Edited by Darth Vader

What is your intention? Do you primarily want to sell the device , or do you primarily want the public to have access to the device? 

If the former, I don't really know, but you will probably have to work with large business and patents. 

If the latter, build a few, put them into use in very public and humanitarian ways, and notify the media. The media loves a good story and if it's seen working and well known, there will be demand for more. 

On 23/01/2016 at 11:43 PM, Darth Vader said:

With the grace of Almighty the Creator of all good I have discovered how to make a lead acid battery which lasts very very long, perhaps even a 100 years if I want it to. It will not go bad, its plates will not erode, it does not require frequent maintenance, and above all, it will enable people with solar systems to save a lot of money by almost eliminating the need for buying new battery banks every two to three years or so.

What should I do with this discovery? I want to make it public. I can easily build and display a prototype. It will help uproot the world economy some more. But usually what happens with such fantastic machines is that people copy and start to abuse the idea in all ways. Of course, the battery manufacturers out there will never offer the world a battery a man only has to buy once in their life. That would be economic suicide for the battery companies. Make sense? So there's the problem....lol. :D

First off, you should send me a some of those batteries so that I can distribute them among family and friends and ask them to do you a favour and empirically test your claim :grin:

10 hours ago, notme said:

What is your intention? Do you primarily want to sell the device , or do you primarily want the public to have access to the device?

I don't know. I wanted to use it at my home, I wanted a battery bank for my home which would last even if more expensive. A friend of mine makes batteries and we make our own batteries for my home, but that type is the ones used in vehicles, designed to deliver a lot of amps quickly (CCA )cold cranking amps type) for revving the engine to a start. The downside of those types of batteries is that they do not last longer than two years or so when used in a battery bank to power a home. The correct type for a battery bank is called a "Deep Cycle" battery and it has different kind of lead plates. In a CCA or vehicle battery the lead plates are fabricated with a paste of fine grain lead particles pasted over a solid lead frame which serves as a skeleton for the plate. In the type I have built, the old deep cycle type, plates are made of solid lead sheet. This gives it a lot more physical strength and there is little to no shedding or broken plate particles to short out and kill the battery within a few years. There are also hybrid types but I went for solid plates. The downside is that the ampere capacity is less (almost half) for a comparable sized car battery. Surface area is a lot more in the grainy / spongy lead plate types and surface area is directly proportional to the ampere capacity. Next is the secret part, a change in the other parameters which I am willing to give away and explain it right here in this post but I doubt many people will follow while a few might hate me more for showing off. :thankyou:

I will however write it out any way, it is simple. Other than the container, the lead plates, and plate separators the third vital thing in a lead acid battery is the electrolyte which is a mixture of sulfuric acid and distilled water (this makes the battery a "flooded lead acid or FLA type" because there are other types of electrolytes also available in the market including gel/dry types etc but FLA is best for battery bank and longevity). Now, the electrolyte the battery makers will provide has a specific gravity of 1.3 which will normalize to 1.265 after a few charge/discharge cycles. The two elements that will keep playing with the lead are sulfur and water (it is why the FLA has to be maintained by ading water and topping it off regularly). During a discharge or when the battery is giving electricity, sulfur from the acid will deposit upon the plates and the chemical reaction gives out electricity. The specific gravity of the electrolyte will fall to 1.1 or even 1.0 due to sulfur leaving it at full discharge and also battery voltage will have dropped to 11 or lower in case of solid lead plate type construction. During charging the battery the sulfur will leave the plates and rejoin the electrolyte and the sp gravity will increase to 1.25 or 1.3 when fully charged. Now, the amount of sulfur needed for a surface area is a fixed amount, less will waste the surface and capacity while more will make the acid electrolyte more concentrated and therefore decrease the service life of the battery. So what can we do to provide more sulfur but keep the acid diluted to give battery longevity? We increase the container size of the battery and add twice the amount of electrolyte at half the specific gravity. And voila!~ That's what I did. Now anyone reading this can build their own extra long life lead acid battery. :thankyou:

In case anyone is thinking why I have given away the secretz or if I am stupid for doing this, they should know that among other reasons for sharing this one happens to be that a long life lead acid battery is only one of several fantastic, other-worldly and very useful devices I can build. :thankyou: