Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Is Fatima a.s the proof of Allah swt over the Imams a.s?

Rate this topic

• Unregistered

Unless I am misunderstanding you, It was in reference to Sayeda Fatima Zahra[sa] son’s [All Imams[as]] [Not Ameer ul Momineen Imam ul Muttaqeen Imam Ali ibn Abi Talib[as].

In Hadith Kisa [Hadith of the blanket], [Quran 33:33] 

"O Lord! Who are underneath the blanket?" The Almighty and the Glorious replied:

"They are the 'Ahl ul Bayt' of the Prophet, the custodians of the message; they are-Fatimah, her father, her husband and her sons."

Everyone is introduced through Sayeda Fatima Zahra[as], as She[sa] is  the common link between all Five. Prophet Muhammad[pbuh ahp] is the father, Ameer ul Momineen Imam ul Muttaqeen Imam Ali ibn Abi Talib[as] her husband, Leaders of the Youths of Paradise are her sons.

Mary[sa] is the mother of one Prophet[as] in the other link, who will return and pray behind the Qaim-Ale-Muhammad[as].

[Pickthal 3:42] And when the angels said: O Mary! Lo! Allah hath chosen thee and made thee pure, and hath preferred thee above (all) the women of creation.

Edited by S.M.H.A.

• 2 years later...
  • Unregistered

The link between Prophethood and Imammah

Fatimah (as) was the only woman connecting Prophethood and Imamah and was the link between the two. She was the daughter of the Prophet (sawa); the wife of the first Imam (as) and the mother of the rest of the Imams (as) who descended from her and her husband Ali (as). Allah singled her out with this virtue and peculiarity because she was the most perfect and highest example in purity, sanctity, worship, asceticism and morals.

Al-Kawthar

According to some Qur'an commentaries (Tafsir), when the Quraysh (tribe) said that the Prophet (sawa) had no offspring, the chapter of al-Kawthar was revealed:

'Verily We have given thee the Kawthar (Abundance). So pray thou unto thy Lord! And offer sacrifice. Verily, thy enemy shall be the one cut off (in his progeny).' (Qur'an 108:1-3)

'We have given you al-Kawthar' means we have given you the abundant good, which shall last throughout your life and after it; therefore, turn your face unto your Lord in prayer, as mention of your name shall never end and your offspring shall never perish; it is those standing against you who are more deserving of this description.

This revelation was given against the backdrop of the pronouncements by some of the Quraysh's most scurrilous men - such as al-'As bin Wa'il, Abu Jahl, 'Uqbah bin Abi Mu'ayt and Ka'b bin al-Ashraf - that the Prophet (sawa) was cut off from male children, after the death of his son al-Qasim. Hence, it is clear that the abundant good - al-Kawthar - was pointing to the abundant offspring which the Prophet (sawa) would have through his daughter Fatimah (as), and that this was a reply to those people and their effort to weaken the Prophet's spirits. Supporting our interpretation, al-Tabataba'i, in al-Mizan commentary, said: 'Without that, the words 'Verily, thy enemy shall be the one cut off' would be useless.'

https://www.al-islam.org/fatimah-a-role-model-for-men-and-women/chapter-1-her-life-brief-account#link-between-prophethood-and-imammah

• Unregistered
وَإِذْ قَالَتِ الْمَلَائِكَةُ يَا مَرْيَمُ إِنَّ اللَّهَ اصْطَفَاكِ وَطَهَّرَكِ وَاصْطَفَاكِ عَلَىٰ نِسَاءِ الْعَالَمِينَ {42}

[Shakir 3:42] And when the angels said: O Marium! surely Allah has chosen you and purified you and chosen you above the women of of the world.
[Pickthal 3:42] And when the angels said: O Mary! Lo! Allah hath chosen thee and made thee pure, and hath preferred thee above (all) the women of creation.
[Yusufali 3:42] Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! Allah hath chosen thee and purified thee- chosen thee above the women of all nations.

يَا بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ اذْكُرُوا نِعْمَتِيَ الَّتِي أَنْعَمْتُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَأَنِّي فَضَّلْتُكُمْ عَلَى الْعَالَمِينَ {122}

[Shakir 2:122] O children of Israel, call to mind My favor which I bestowed on you and that I made you excel the nations.
[Pickthal 2:122] O Children of Israel! Remember My favour wherewith I favoured you and how I preferred you to (all) creatures.
[Yusufali 2:122] O Children of Israel! call to mind the special favour which I bestowed upon you, and that I preferred you to all others (for My Message).

What is the meaning of chosen/preferred You( in both cases) above Nations here? 

1)  All Nations before the Last Nation.

2) or All Nations including the Last Nation.

How do you understand this Concept.

As it applies to the Mother of Prophet Isa(as) and the Children of Israel.   

• Unregistered

لَقَدْ كَانَ لَكُمْ فِي رَسُولِ اللَّهِ أُسْوَةٌ حَسَنَةٌ لِمَنْ كَانَ يَرْجُو اللَّهَ وَالْيَوْمَ الْآخِرَ وَذَكَرَ اللَّهَ كَثِيرًا {21}

[Shakir 33:21] Certainly you have in the Messenger of Allah an excellent exemplar for him who hopes in Allah and the latter day and remembers Allah much.
[Pickthal 33:21] Verily in the messenger of Allah ye have a good example for him who looketh unto Allah and the Last Day, and remembereth Allah much.
[Yusufali 33:21] Ye have indeed in the Messenger of Allah a beautiful pattern (of conduct) for any one whose hope is in Allah and the Final Day, and who engages much in the Praise of Allah.

4. The pleasure and displeasure of Fatimah (SA)

He said: Abu Hafs Umar ibn Muhammad al-Sayrafi reported to me from Abu ‘Ali Muhammad ibn Hammam al-Katib al-Iskafi, who reported from Muhammad ibn al-Qasim al-Maharibi, who reported from Ismail ibn Ishaq at Rashidi, who reported from Muhammad ibn ‘Ali from Muhammad b al-Fudhail al-Azdi, from Abu Hamza al-Thumali, who reported that Abu Ja'far Al-Baqir Muhammad ibn ‘Ali, peace be upon him, reported from his father and grandfather that:

The Prophet, peace be upon him and his progeny, said:

"Surely, Allah is displeased when Fatimah (peace be upon her) is displeased, and He is pleased when she displays her pleasure."

https://www.al-islam.org/al-amali-dictations-shaykh-al-mufid/eleventh-assembly#4-pleasure-and-displeasure-fatimah-sa

2. 'Fatimah (as) is part of me'

He said: Abul Hasan ‘Ali ibn Khalid al-Maraghi reported to me from Abul Qasim al-Hasan ibn ‘Ali ibnal-Hasan al-Kufi, who reported from Ja'far ibn Muhammad ibn Marwan al-Ghazzal, who reported from his father, who reported from Abdullah ibn al-Hasan al-Ahmasi who reported from Khalid ibn Abdillah, from Yazid ibn Abu Ziyad, from Abdullah ibn al-Harith ibn Nawfil, who reported from Sa'd ibn Malik, meaning Ibn Abi Waqqas, who said:

I heard the messenger of Allah, peace be upon him and his progeny, say:

"Fatimah is a part of me; whoever pleases her, pleases me, and whoever displeases her, displease me. She is dearer to me than all beings."

https://www.al-islam.org/al-amali-dictations-shaykh-al-mufid/thirty-first-assembly#2-fatimah-part-me

Narrated Al-Miswar bin Makhrama:

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "Fatima is a part of me, and he who makes her angry, makes me angry."

حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو الْوَلِيدِ، حَدَّثَنَا ابْنُ عُيَيْنَةَ، عَنْ عَمْرِو بْنِ دِينَارٍ، عَنِ ابْنِ أَبِي مُلَيْكَةَ، عَنِ الْمِسْوَرِ بْنِ مَخْرَمَةَ، أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏ "‏ فَاطِمَةُ بَضْعَةٌ مِنِّي، فَمَنْ أَغْضَبَهَا أَغْضَبَنِي ‏"‏‏.‏

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 3714

In-book reference : Book 62, Hadith 64

USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 5, Book 57, Hadith 61

https://sunnah.com/bukhari/62/64

Miswar b. Makhramah reported Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) as saying:

Fatima is a part of me. He in fact tortures me who tortures her.

حَدَّثَنِي أَبُو مَعْمَرٍ، إِسْمَاعِيلُ بْنُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ الْهُذَلِيُّ حَدَّثَنَا سُفْيَانُ، عَنْ عَمْرٍو، عَنِ ابْنِ أَبِي مُلَيْكَةَ، عَنِ الْمِسْوَرِ بْنِ مَخْرَمَةَ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ إِنَّمَا فَاطِمَةُ بَضْعَةٌ مِنِّي يُؤْذِينِي مَا آذَاهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 2449 b

In-book reference : Book 44, Hadith 138

USC-MSA web (English) reference

https://sunnah.com/muslim/44/138

(Child of every person is part of him, already understood)

What is your understanding of this Concept of "Part of Me"

• Advanced Member

Ali ibn Muhammad and Muhammad ibn al-Hassan have narrated from Sahl ibn Ziyad from  
Muhammad ibn al-Hassan ibn sham?? From 'Abdallah ibn 'Abd al-Rahmanal-Asamm from  
'Abdallah ibn al-Qasim from salih ibn Sahl al-Hamadani who has said that abu 'Abdallah (a.  
s.) has said the following about the verse of the Holy Quran below. "God is the light of the  
heavens and the earth. A metaphor for His light is a lantern in which there is a lamp placed in  
a glass. The glass is like a shining star which is lit from a blessed olive tree that is neither  
eastern nor western. Its oil almost lights up even though it has not been touched by the fire. It  
is light upon light. God guides to His light whomever He wants. God uses various metaphors.  
He has the knowledge of all things." (24:35) The Imam (a.s.) said that the lantern  
metaphorically stands for the Holy lady, Fatima (a.s.), the lamp stands for Imam al-Hassan (a.  
s.) and the glass stands for Imam al-Husayn (a.s.). The shining star stands for the Holy lady  
Fatima (a.s.) who shines among the ladies of the world. The blessed olive tree stands for  
Prophet Abraham. Neither eastern nor western means not Jewish nor Christian. 'Its oil almost  
lights up' means that it almost bursts up with knowledge. 'Light up on light' means that there  
will one Imam after the other Imam (a.s.) 'God guides to His light who ever He wants' means  
that Allah guides through the Imams whomever He wants." About 'God uses various  
metaphors' I said, "Or it (the deeds of the unbelievers) are like the darkness of a deep, stormy  
sea with layers of giant waves, covered by dark clouds. It is darkness upon darkness whereby  
even if one stretches out his hands he can not see them. One can have no light unless God  
gives him light. (24:40)  

The Imam (a.s.) said, " 'darkness' refers to the first and his friend, 'with layers of giant  
waves' refers to the third, 'covered with darkness' refers to the second, 'it is darkness up on  
darkness' refers to Mu'awiya and the disasters caused by the Amavides. 'even if one stretches  
out his hands' means that even if a true believer would stretch his hands in such disastrous  
condition 'he can not see them'. 'One can have no light unless God gives him light, means the  
light from the children of the Holy Lady, Fatima (a.s.) 'Can have no light' means an Imam on  
the Day of Judgment." The Imam (a.s.) said that, "On the Day of Judgment you will see the  
believers with their light shining in front of them and to their right. They will be told,  
"Paradise wherein streams flow is the glad news for you today. You will live therein forever.  
This is the greatest triumph." (57: 12), the shining light in front . . .' is a reference to the  
Imams (a.s.) whom would walk in front and on the right of the true believers until they all  
enter paradise."  

Ali ibn Muhammad and Muhammad ibn al-Hassan have narrated from Sahl ibn Ziyad from  
Musa ibn al-Qasim al-Bajali and Muhammad ibn yahya from al-'Amrakiy ibn Ali altogether  
from Ali ibn Ja'far (a.s.) from his brother a similar Hadith.  

Share... Chapter: 13, Hadith: 499, Number: 5 

• Veteran Member

This should not be news to any shia but all Imams that precede Imams are hujjah over them.

Imam Hasan Al-Askari (as) is hujjah over Imam Mahdi (as).

Imam Ali Naqi (as) is hujjah over the 2 Imams listed above

Imam Mohammad Taqi (as) is hujjah over the 3 Imams listed above.

Hz Fatima (as) is hujjah over Imam Hassan (as) and Imam Hussain (as) and the Imams listed above.

Imam Ali (as) is hujjah over all the masoomeen listed above.

The Prophet (saw) is hujjah over all listed above.

Allah is hujjah over the Prophet (saw) and all the masoomeen.

• 2 weeks later...