Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

37 minutes ago, Chaotic Muslem said:

haha XD good one!

Why is it that woman serving man's guests is seen prestigious but man serving woman's guests is somewhat humiliating ?

masculinity is weak:)

A man fears being seen as weak by his "macho" peers if he does more than what is required by society

there's an actual phrase for it in popular culture lol -

being whipped: "The mis-labeling of sincere devotion between a man and a woman as some sort of failure on the part (typically) of the man."

I also wanted to ask why it's "sweet" or a man is a good husband if he helps around the house but for a woman she's just supposed to? 

Umm..i want someone who puts me before everyone else..someone who understands that after marriage i am her priority...someone who loves me like the way i love her..someone who is emotionally and physically compatible with me...i dont want a hoor princess but something about her should click for me..i have fell for innocent faces before but i wish i could get someone who is from the outside what she is from the inside.

Edited by seekingadvice1

9 hours ago, Abu-Jafar Herz said:

I don't support the whole macho "I'll never do dishes" mentality.

"I don't do dishes, I'm MANLY!" ...

[FAIL]

I wonder how it looks like inside the homes of guys who think like this and are living alone...

8 hours ago, Takalluf said:

Will you serve her and her friends tea while they watch soaps? Hahah

Actually, what we do in our family is we knock on the living room door, then my father would come get the tray with food etc, if it's only men inside. Otherwise we'd send in a kid. And if I'm with my friends and sometimes forget to serve them, I hear my dad knock on the door so I could come and get the tray :)
While my brothers still insist on the whole "I don't do certain things because I'm a man", my father is the one who taught mom how to cook, and keeps reminding us to never think we're worth less or that what we do is belittling in any way for a man, it's a trait of good, heart warming people to be able to serve others sincerely and generously.

If my future husband would be the type to knock on the door for me to come and get a tray of food, I would respect him beyond words and actions.

Oftentimes cultural norms are more destructive than constructive, insisting on making us show our worst sides rather than our best.

56 minutes ago, seekingadvice1 said:

Umm..i want someone who puts me before everyone else..someone who understands that after marriage i am her priority...someone who loves me like the way i love her..someone who is emotionally and physically compatible with me...i dont want a hoor princess but something about her should click for me..i have fell for innocent faces before but i wish i could get someone who is from the outside what she is from the inside.

Inshallah you will find that special person.

13 hours ago, Takalluf said:

Will you serve her and her friends tea while they watch soaps? Hahah

No because if she is watching chick flicks with her girl friends I will evacuate the area immediately and create a distance of at least 30 miles between me and the abomination that is taking place in my living room. I'll probably go do something manly to offset any residual effects of girliness like hunting or grunting really loudly while I lift something heavy.

On 24 January 2016 at 4:35 PM, apofomysback said:

most - not all - of the people replying to this thread should seriously postpone their marriage plans for the next 10 years....

How come?

There was a time when people got married without knowing an inkling on who their potential spouse was and the marriage survived for years, how successful it was is another question on its own.

Is expectations the problem? 

I know if someone just wanted to marry for the sake of pleasure only they could marry anyone without being picky, but if someone wants to be satisfied with their marriage there should be the element of compatibility, atleast on the surface for a start. 

8 hours ago, Tonks said:

How come?

There was a time when people got married without knowing an inkling on who their potential spouse was and the marriage survived for years, how successful it was is another question on its own.

Is expectations the problem? 

I know if someone just wanted to marry for the sake of pleasure only they could marry anyone without being picky, but if someone wants to be satisfied with their marriage there should be the element of compatibility, atleast on the surface for a start. 

You missed my point completely

8 hours ago, AnaAmmar1 said:

1-anyone alive

Have things come to this point? LOL.

I recall a joke.

When a 25 year-old-girl gets a proposal she asks, "How does he look like and what does he do?" 

At 30 she asks, "What does he do?"

At 35 she asks, "Where is he?!"

4 minutes ago, Marbles said:

Have things come to this point? LOL.

I recall a joke.

When a 25 year-old-girl gets a proposal she asks, "How does he look like and what does he do?" 

At 30 she asks, "What does he do?"

At 35 she asks, "Where is he?!"

May have to lessen the ages when speaking of Desis :rolleyes:

39 minutes ago, Takalluf said:

May have to lessen the ages when speaking of Desis :rolleyes:

I did!

It was 20, 30 and 40. 

But I reckon for the desis it should be 20, 25 and 30.

Man, these "expiry dates" are noxious.

8 minutes ago, Marbles said:

I did!

It was 20, 30 and 40. 

But I reckon for the desis it should be 20, 25 and 30.

Man, these "expiry dates" are noxious.

much better

the greatest part is that men never seem to "expire" :rolleyes: