ShiaMan14

Travel to Iran

Salaam all,

I would like to travel to Iran from the US for pilgrimage and possibly tourism independently (not in a group but just a few family members) . I am getting conflicting information about the process.

My understanding is I need someone (travel agent) in Iran to get approval for my family and me. Then I send that information to Washington. Is that correct?

Can anyone provide assistance? 

Was salaam

1 hour ago, shiaman14 said:

Salaam, 

1 hour ago, shiaman14 said:

Salaam all,

I would like to travel to Iran from the US for pilgrimage and possibly tourism independently (not in a group but just a few family members) . I am getting conflicting information about the process.

My understanding is I need someone (travel agent) in Iran to get approval for my family and me. Then I send that information to Washington. Is that correct?

Can anyone provide assistance? 

Was salaam

Salaam,

The best thing you can do is contact the Iranian embassy in DC and ask them exactly what you would need. 

:salam: brother,

When I had visited Iran last time, I applied for an Iranian visa independently (i.e not in a group) for my family using the below website:

http://www.iranianvisa.com/

Let me warn you that these guys were very nice and co-operative at the start but were a pain towards the end of the process. But they got me the visa I was after. They will email you the visa approval letter from Iranian Foreign Ministry which you will then have have to send along with your passport to the Iranian Embassy in your country.

I am sure there are many other agencies like the one above which help people in attaining the visa.

Let me know if you need more info.

Good Luck!!