Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Akbar673

How a Shia gets attacked on a Sunni forum.

Rate this topic

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?461806-AMA-i-am-a-shia-brother-in-Islam&highlight=shia

Well, here's an interesting attempt at a peaceful and civil discussion by a Shia on a Sunni forum. 

He maintains a civil and polite tone throughout it all but look at how the Sunni attack him. Vile and disgusting. I know its a Deobandi based forum that he's posting on but still its Sunni.

So for all of you pro-Unity types out there. How should we deal with hatred like this?

and don't start about how its Deobandi and all that, its still a Sunni forum.

and don't preach about patience and things of that nature because this is the reality of what things are like. If they can be this vile on an internet forum just imagine how they must be in real life. (Oh wait, that's IS/AQ/Taliban/whatever else there is...)

7 minutes ago, Akbar673 said:

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?461806-AMA-i-am-a-shia-brother-in-Islam&highlight=shia

Well, here's an interesting attempt at a peaceful and civil discussion by a Shia on a Sunni forum. 

He maintains a civil and polite tone throughout it all but look at how the Sunni attack him. Vile and disgusting. I know its a Deobandi based forum that he's posting on but still its Sunni.

So for all of you pro-Unity types out there. How should we deal with hatred like this?

and don't preach about patience and things of that nature because this is the reality of what things are like. If they can be this vile on an internet forum just imagine how they must be in real life. (Oh wait, that's IS/AQ/Taliban/whatever else there is...)

The only thing we can do it be like this brother and remain calm and civil in the face of hatred. Unfortunately there are always going to be individuals who refuse to listen and reconcile. Just as Allah (swt) says in Surah al Baqara about the disbelievers 'Allah has set a seal on their hearts and on their hearing, and on their eyes is a covering' (2:7), this example can also unfortunately be used for some 'Muslims'. 

36 minutes ago, Akbar673 said:

:salam:

Bro, some identical thread was made a few weeks ago and it sparked fitna between pro and anti unity.

Don't you think you're just going to fuel the fire here ?

ps : pretty sure you took part in that other thread

Edit : you actually created that topic.

Seriously, why do you even bother reading that garbage and post it here. Of course we're going to hate sunnis because we are so dumb we will consider 1,5 billion people on earth are as hateful as these frustrated salafis.

Of course we will forget the sunnis masses are also made of women, grandfathers, mothers, workers, deaf, blind, disabled, kind people.

So much easier to just hate them all ! Because WE are Shi`a of Imam Ali ibn Abi Taleb (as) !

39 minutes ago, realizm said:

Bro, some identical thread was made a few weeks ago and it sparked fitna between pro and anti unity.

Keep an eye on your friends but keep a closer eye on the enemy while keeping one hand on your sword.

I suppose its fitna to let Shia know of what's out there?

You can stick to your hippie ignorance while my type chooses to let our brethren know of what evil lurks in the real world.

Best not to go to sites like that, since anyone can be on there, including the profane. The best way to talk with Sunnis is to become friends and build trust with them in person and in real life in school, workplace, etc

Edited by magma

1 hour ago, Akbar673 said:

1 hour ago, zainabamy said:

The only thing we can do it be like this brother and remain calm and civil in the face of hatred. Unfortunately there are always going to be individuals who refuse to listen and reconcile. Just as Allah (swt) says in Surah al Baqara about the disbelievers 'Allah has set a seal on their hearts and on their hearing, and on their eyes is a covering' (2:7), this example can also unfortunately be used for some 'Muslims'. 

1 hour ago, realizm said:

24 minutes ago, Akbar673 said:

Keep an eye on your friends but keep a closer eye on the enemy while keeping one hand on your sword.

I suppose its fitna to let Shia know of what's out there?

You can stick to your hippie ignorance while my type chooses to let our brethren know of what evil lurks in the real world.

16 minutes ago, em said:

Best thing we can do is ask ourselves how Imam Ali would respond to this, and try to go accordingly. 

12 minutes ago, magma said:

Best not to go to sites like that, since anyone can be on there, including the profane. The best way to talk with Sunnis is to become friends and build trust with them in person and in real life in school, workplace, etc

Salamunalaykum guys.

The user in question on that forum is me. And i would like to say i will never ever abandon shia sunni unity. This forum in paticular is filled with intolerant people. But the thing is many of them simply have misconceptions. We shia's must endure and realize that we will get attacked, abused, and so on, but there is a greater good in pursuing unity even with some of the ummah forum types - not to generalize. But take my words for it, there are people so extreme they even consider alqaeda founded groups to be apostates.

I prayed behind sunni's today, they knew i was shia and treated me with respect. Most of my best friends are sunni as are the majority of my family members.

There are people who will never want unity and will be rude for good. But there are people who simply have misinformation, who don't know the truth but only what was told of them and what a minority of shias sadly do. It is to these people i am trying to reach in paticular , as well as decent ones among them who are more learned but also sadly did not have shia islam properly presented to them.

Edited by Tawheed313

4 minutes ago, magma said:

^ Your efforts are admirable, but pick your venues wisely, and don't burn yourself out bro. Remember ultimately Allah guides. Make sure you sleep and eat properly, and exercise regularly too.

Brother my efforts ammount to little or nothing. There are far more brothers on SC and in real life who do far more than me. I , like many others, especially our Ulema (ha) who have great wisdom see the benefit in shia sunni unity.

The only reason i pointed out this user was me is because i do not want people to use my actions to bring shia sunni discord and use the thread as evidence to then be against sunni's.

Thank you for your concerns, i will look after my health inshAllah, and i will start to exercise once i get a better diet in place.

Edited by Tawheed313

33 minutes ago, Tawheed313 said:

Salamunalaykum guys.

The user in question on that forum is me. And i would like to say i will never ever abandon shia sunni unity. This forum in paticular is filled with intolerant people. But the thing is many of them simply have misconceptions. We shia's must endure and realize that we will get attacked, abused, and so on, but there is a greater good in pursuing unity even with some of the ummah forum types - not to generalize. But take my words for it, there are people so extreme they even consider alqaeda founded groups to be apostates.

I prayed behind sunni's today, they knew i was shia and treated me with respect. Most of my best friends are sunni as are the majority of my family members.

There are people who will never want unity and will be rude for good. But there are people who simply have misinformation, who don't know the truth but only what was told of them and what a minority of shias sadly do. It is to these people i am trying to reach in paticular , as well as decent ones among them who are more learned but also sadly did not have shia islam properly presented to them.

MashAllah brother! We need more Muslims like you

50 minutes ago, magma said:

That's one of the worst forums out there. I would put it an inch below the Haq Chaar Yaar forum. 

Not even going to post a link to that forum. Just the thought of that one is sickening.

35 minutes ago, Tawheed313 said:

Can i please make a request if you are going to make an account and go on that thread, please do not get aggressive with them. Just let me handle it, or politely answer questions.

So of all forums to post on, why did you choose that one and not a more moderate forum with more educated, moderate Sunni ?

(oh wait, nevermind...Educated, Moderate Sunni just sit quietly and do nothing even when they know it to be wrong)

31 minutes ago, Tawheed313 said:

The only reason i pointed out this user was me is because i do not want people to use my actions to bring shia sunni discord and use the thread as evidence to then be against sunni's.

Against Moderate Sunni?...no

Against Extremist Sunni?...well, I think the answer to that is in the thread itself.

Edited by Akbar673

MashaAllah Brother Tawheed313. Nice initiative and you have been very polite & civil despite the users of that forum barking at you like dogs and throwing in so many incorrect assumptions. I hope you are able to clear most of their misconceptions.

I just wanted to mention one thing about a post you have made on Khama Zani. You have said: "Ayatullah Najafi(pakistan one) , and many others have spoken out against these practises."

I don't think Ayatullah Bashir Najafi is against it. He actually has a video on YouTube where he is urging people to do more of it. Just warning you as these guys might start calling you names because of an oversight.

May Allah swt reward you for your sincere efforts.

Deobandis are a reactionary creation towards Shia and the Sunni kind who are nearer to us. They are also thoroughly militant and have no conflict or debate that almost everyone else are kafir and should be destoyed. So preaching to them about peace, understanding and unity is like Gandalf preaching to the orcs of Mordor. But good luck anyway.

13 hours ago, Akbar673 said:

When you speak of Unity, and you see that is making Fitna. Then dont speak of anything, and get out of the Forum.

Just like they have ignorant people, Shia have as well, and they can be found here on ShiaChat too. So dont think if you are on a Sunni Forum you will ever change anything. It is the virtual life. I can be on Sunni Forum, and talk like a Sunni, how would you know?

4 hours ago, John Al-Ameli said:

Online, how do you even know that is even a Sunni person?

A Shia would call Imam Husain a rebel fighting for Khilafat ?

Edit: a Moderate Sunni wouldn't do that either

Who do you think it is then ?

Edited by Akbar673

A Shia would call Imam Husain a rebel fighting for Khilafat ?

Edit: a Moderate Sunni wouldn't do that either

Who do you think it is then ?

So now you are using the same words America uses? "Moderate Muslims" but now you say "Moderate Sunni"

What I am saying is, how do you know its not someone trying to throw Fitna and is on a Sunni Forum, just like of course there are many on this forum trying to throw Fitna as well. You cant see them, you dont know them, their nickname doesnt mean it is who they say to be.

24 minutes ago, John Al-Ameli said:

So now you are using the same words America uses? "Moderate Muslims" but now you say "Moderate Sunni"

What I am saying is, how do you know its not someone trying to throw Fitna and is on a Sunni Forum, just like of course there are many on this forum trying to throw Fitna as well. You cant see them, you dont know them, their nickname doesnt mean it is who they say to be.

Yes, I use the term Moderate as well as the term Extremist. I seperate Extremists from Moderates. Would you agree that there is a difference?

and yes, I do agree that there is a strong possibility that there is an outside party playing upon existing sectarian differences in history and fiqh but those are differences that already exist within Islam and they are just playing upon something that already is there.

Yes, I use the term Moderate as well as the term Extremist. I seperate Extremists from Moderates. Would you agree that there is a difference?

and yes, I do agree that there is a strong possibility that there is an outside party playing upon existing sectarian differences in history and fiqh but those are differences that already exist within Islam and they are just playing upon something that already is there.

I am talking about claims where someone is insulting Imam Hussein

Not sure why it's so hard for people to understand that calling for unity is something that no Muslim whether Shia or Sunni should abandon. Being sectarian has been equated to being a Mushrik in Quran and killing one another based on sectarian views has been equated to becoming apostates in hadith.

This isn't about Shia or Sunni. For all I care they can both go down in history. This is about Islam. This isn't about humanism and showing kindness to your fellow human or your brother in religion. This is about Islam. Even if the majority of the Sunnis were extremists I would have still called for unity for the sake of Islam. I wouldn't care about Sunnism. Because this is about protecting Islam.

1 minute ago, Abu Nasr said:

Not sure why it's so hard for people to understand that calling for unity is something that no Muslim whether Shia or Sunni should abandon. Being sectarian has been equated to being a Mushrik in Quran and killing one another based on sectarian views has been equated to becoming apostates in hadith.

This isn't about Shia or Sunni. For all I care they can both go down in history. This is about Islam. This isn't about humanism and showing kindness to your fellow human or your brother in religion. This is about Islam. Even if the majority of the Sunnis were extremists I would have still called for unity for the sake of Islam. I wouldn't care about Sunnism. Because this is about protecting Islam.

Just like we say there are Sunni Extremists, they would say there are Shia like Yasser Habib and Allah Yari, and that they represent the Shia faith.

Who would want to make Unity with us if they think these are the ones who represent us? We can't even have unity with people like these from our own sect.

12 minutes ago, John Al-Ameli said:

Just like we say there are Sunni Extremists, they would say there are Shia like Yasser Habib and Allah Yari, and that they represent the Shia faith.

Who would want to make Unity with us if they think these are the ones who represent us? We can't even have unity with people like these from our own sect.

Well, I know most Shias don't think ISIS represents Sunnism so while I agree that there are extremists in Shia Islam too, I most certainly believe that most Sunnis are extremely ignorant compared to the Shias and believe everything their sheikhs tell them to believe, in most cases.

I certainly don't hold a positive view regarding Sunnis when it comes to bias against the Shias and I do believe Shias are less prejudicial towards the Sunnis. However, I do have my fair share of criticism of the Shias but for some other reasons.

Regardless, Islam is bigger than our pathetic sects. We can claim to be the Shias of the ahlulbayt but in reality their Shias were the ones who died in Jamal, Siffin etc. and endured years of silence and torture for the sake of Islam. The least we can do is to not deviate from their path by refusing to call for unity.

Edited by Abu Nasr

Brother Taweed is a great person. Very calm and all. But I disagree with his approach towards those people who obviously are not worshipers of God. Just remember that these are the same people who believe that Shia Islam was created by Majousi Persians. I rather attack these people with fallacy arguments and give them a taste of their own medicine than discuss with them matters of Tawheed and Khilafa.

I actually thought a couple of times about making an account on that forum and start trolling them there. But then I told myself that if any one of them is keen to know the truth and fears God and fears that he may slander a fellow Muslim and do him injustice, then he can always make an account on ShiaChat and see the truth for himself. If not then he can rot in the depths of hell for all I care for I should only remind one if it benefits him or me. Those types of people unfortunately are knee deep in worshiping the Taghut that there's no saving them. Moses couldn't save the Pharaoh and we are not like Moses and these people are certainly more ignorant and arrogant than the Pharaoh. After all they do believe that they created the saved sect 14 centuries late.

They have their circle on that forum and I don't intent to join their circle of Kufr and hypocrisy. Two things Najdis are famous for. I rather be a Majous than an idiot Najdi.

Edited by Abu Nasr

20 minutes ago, Abu Nasr said:

Well, I know most Shias don't think ISIS represents Sunnism so while I agree that there are extremists in Shia Islam too, I most certainly believe that most Sunnis are extremely ignorant compared to the Shias and believe everything their sheikhs tell them to believe, in most cases.

Unfortunately, they don't need what their Sheikhs tell them They can open youtube, and watch Yasser Habib and people who are similar to him. And then you find Shia who don't support him but refuse to speak against him because "He is Shia". When these things occur, we will never reach Unity. 

A couple of years ago, Sayed Nasrollah called for the Islamic world, that whenever someone from their sect speaks of extremism or talks of fitna, the people of his sect, and ulema of his sect are the first to condemn what he is saying, and he said we should start by us Shia.

Then other Shia come out and say, "when we do this, we are being weak and I don't know what". I personally don't think every Shia understands the faith of Ahlul Bayt correctly. They read the history of Ahlul Bayt and glorify their manners and school of thought, but just keep it as history rather than learning from the Akhlaq of Ahlul Bayt.