Rate this topic

salam,

Brother, Allah helps those who help themselves, why not strive to conquer your vices and then ask Allah to help you.

Sitting around supplicating to Allah whilst not putting in any effort is a waste of time, and I'm sure that if you search a little, you will find that this doesn't have much foundation in the sunna.

Bismillah.

Salaam.

Someone told Imam Sadiq (a.s.): oh master! Illusions, wishful thinking, and corrupt temptations are annoying my heart. Some absurdity thoughts come to my mind that weaken my faith … please help me to get rid of those temptations! He (a.s.) said: stroke your heart while saying:

بِسْمِ اللّهِ وَ بِاللّهِ مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ اللّهِ صَلَّی اللّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَ آلِهَ و لاحَوْلَ وَ لاقُوَّهَ اِلاّ بَاللّهِ اَللّهُمَّ امْسَحُ عَنّى ما اَحذَر

He did that and got rid of that state.

Source: Bihār al-Anwār, vol.92, p.138 and Tibb al-'a'immah, p.117.

With Duas.

Narsis.

15 hours ago, Irfani313 said:

Dear brother:

Recite Dua' Makarim Akhlaq daily after any wajib salat. Recite the dua in your own language as opposed to in Arabic. Also in all the qunoot of the wajib salat, start reciting dua' Ghareeq.

:bismillah:

:salam:

http://www.duas.org/sajjadiya/s20.htm

http://www.duas.org/imamezaman/ghareek.htm

Can both of these Duas be recited in our own language? Or is it just Dua' Makarim Akhlaq? The Arabic in the second link isn't really clear.

:ws:

Yes dear brother: Other than Wajib portions of the salat and some arkan of Hajj, everything else can be recited in your own language. Some times it is better to recite duas in your own language than reciting those in Arabic.

Side Note: Arabic is not my first language either; what I do is I read duas in both my language and then over time also start reading those in my language and Arabic both; and soon the Arabic would start making sense, which for certain duas help me gradually switch to Arabic only while I'm comprehending it in Arabic without the help of my own language.

The beauty of Arabic is that these are exactly the same letters, words, dots and Ts that our Prophet and Imam have uttered from their holy tongues. So that connection is priceless spiritually in itself once the comprehension is gained. But start with your own language always. In my opinion, a Dua' read without any comprehension does nothing for spiritual growth; other benefits will still be attained.

Yes, you are right, but asking Allah without putting in the effort will rarely produce results.

I meant this kind of thing:

• Trust in God But Tie Your Camel is an Arab proverb with a similar meaning. It is also one of the reported sayings of theIslamic prophet Muhammad. According to Tirmidhi, one day Mohammed noticed a Bedouin leaving his camel without tying it. He asked the Bedouin, "Why don't you tie down your camel?" The Bedouin answered, "I placed my trust in Allah." At that, Mohammed said, "Tie your camel and place your trust in Allah."[13]

“If you want to have Christ-like character, then you just develop the habits that Christ had,” one of Saddleback’s course manuals reads. “All of us are simply a bundle of habits.… Our goal is to help you replace some bad habits with some good habits that will help you grow in Christ’s likeness.”8.29 Every
Saddleback member is asked to sign a “maturity covenant card” promising to adhere to three habits: daily quiet time for reflection and prayer, tithing 10 percent of their income, and membership in a small group. Giving everyone new habits has become a focus of the church. “Once we do that, the responsibility for spiritual growth is no longer with me, it’s with you. We’ve given you a recipe,” Warren told me. “We don’t have to guide you, because you’re guiding yourself. These habits become a new self-identity, and, at that point, we just need to support you and get out of your way.”8.30

I think the above is from the book called power of habit.

On 1/19/2016 at 11:43 AM, narsis said:

بِسْمِ اللّهِ وَ بِاللّهِ مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ اللّهِ صَلَّی اللّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَ آلِهَ و لاحَوْلَ وَ لاقُوَّهَ اِلاّ بَاللّهِ اَللّهُمَّ امْسَحُ عَنّى ما اَحذَر

Isn't there an English translation for this please

Bro you need to have a strong will power to get rid of any habit. The best thing to increase your will power is fasting(roza). Try it.

Changing all your bad habits at one go is difficult select any one habit and start working on it. In the begining if you fail put some penalties for yourself which is difficult.

Reciting La hawla walaa quwata illa billahil aliyyil azeem 100 times after fajr help

Transation 

There is no power nor strenght save with Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى, the highest high

Regards