Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
SoRoUsH

"A lying, sinning forelock"

Rate this topic

This is actually one of the scientific miracles of the Quran. lts in the frontal part of the brain that you use to choose what to do. Like walk, talk and so on. Its that part of the brain that you choose to do whatever you wanna do, which is why it is said: A Lying sinning forelock. And it doesn't sin or make mistakes. YOU use it to sin or make mistakes

6 hours ago, SoRoUsH said:

Salam, 

No! If he does not desist, We will surely drag him by the forelock - A lying, sinning forelock. (96:15-16)

How can forelock, or the hair on the front of one's head, lie or sin or make mistakes? 

:ws:

Not the best place to ask , your fantastic question!

There is s hadith, I can't find now, probably you can, saying when Allah wants to guide someone and bring him to the straight path he sends an angel who pulls / drags him from the back of his neck. ( this is like when someone is in kufr , but all of a sudden , something clicks and he becomes muslim )

meaning the opposite of forelock which is the front part of the head, is used to bring to the right path.

There is a reason for this, but it is enough food of thought for now.

Nasiya means the front of one's head, which may be a reference to the frontal lobe. The function of the frontal lobe involves the ability to project future consequences resulting from current actions, the choice between good and bad actions (or better and best), the override and suppression of socially unacceptable responses, and the determination of similarities and differences between things or events.

There is a lot of discussion in the literature on organs being held accountable for their sins.

1 hour ago, Qa'im said:

Nasiya means the front of one's head, which may be a reference to the frontal lobe. The function of the frontal lobe involves the ability to project future consequences resulting from current actions, the choice between good and bad actions (or better and best), the override and suppression of socially unacceptable responses, and the determination of similarities and differences between things or events.

There is a lot of discussion in the literature on organs being held accountable for their sins.

Salam,

Can this then be considered a 'miracle', or just simply natural phenomena?

Edited by Vestige

6 hours ago, Qa'im said:

I don't understand your question either. What do you mean by "miracle" or "natural phenomena"? Are these mutually exclusive?

Forget the 'natural phenomena' bit... I wasn't paying attention to what I was writing.

If the 'lying, sinning forelock' verse is known today as a reference to the frontal lobe, doesn't this make it a miracle, since it something that could never have been known through natural means 1400 years ago? My point is that I thought the claim that the Quran contained 'scientific miracles' was dubious at best, but if this verse taken to be miraculous then it clearly undermines that view. So how exactly do we reconcile these two points? 

Sorry if this doesn't make sense again..writing this 2.30 in the mornin'.

16 hours ago, KingKong5200 said:

This is actually one of the scientific miracles of the Quran. lts in the frontal part of the brain that you use to choose what to do. Like walk, talk and so on. Its that part of the brain that you choose to do whatever you wanna do, which is why it is said: A Lying sinning forelock. And it doesn't sin or make mistakes. YOU use it to sin or make mistakes

There's a subtle mistake in your perception. You are stating that Nasiya is an instrument, which I use. You're stating that it is "I" who is the liar and the sinning. However, in that verse God isn't addressing me, rather God is giving attributes to the Nasiya. I am not the liar, Nasiya is. I am not the sinner, Nasiya is.

Hammer is an instrument. Imagine if I use a hammer to murder someone. Would God give attributes of sinner to the hammer or to me? Would it make sense to say "lying, sinning hammer?" 

People who try to make a miracle out of this verse are reaching too far. They want this to be miracle, so, they look to see how they can turn it into a miracle. 

Nasiya is commonly defined as the front part of the head. The word before Nasiya is  لَنَسْفَعًا . It means dragging or pulling. Is God talking about pulling our brains? dragging our frontal lobe? 

Lastly, none of the Ahlul Bayt (as) have viewed Nasiya to be our brain. So, to believe so, is a mere conjecture; an assumption for people who want to exaggerate. 

Edited by SoRoUsH

16 hours ago, certainclarity said:

:ws:

Not the best place to ask , your fantastic question!

There is s hadith, I can't find now, probably you can, saying when Allah wants to guide someone and bring him to the straight path he sends an angel who pulls / drags him from the back of his neck. ( this is like when someone is in kufr , but all of a sudden , something clicks and he becomes muslim )

meaning the opposite of forelock which is the front part of the head, is used to bring to the right path.

There is a reason for this, but it is enough food of thought for now.

If you can find this hadith, it'd be great.