Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Praying with Focus?

Rate this topic

Asad_127

Salaamalikum,

I have this problem often when praying Namaaz. I tend to lose focus and shaytan distracts me. 

LIke I do pray with sincerity I feel, but sometimes I may forget which Rakat I am on or I may worry about reciting something properly etc. 

I think I maybe overthink a lot when praying. 

How does one clear their mind and pray without worrying about this stuff and whether we recited something or which rakat were on etc. 

How does one ignore satan who distracts us and gets us confused lol? 

Regards

-Asad_127

• Advanced Member
7 hours ago, Asad_127 said:

Salaamalikum,

I have this problem often when praying Namaaz. I tend to lose focus and shaytan distracts me. 

LIke I do pray with sincerity I feel, but sometimes I may forget which Rakat I am on or I may worry about reciting something properly etc. 

How does one clear their mind and pray without worrying about this stuff and whether we recited something or which rakat were on etc. 

Regards

-Asad_127

there is an amazing story says that a man saw his friend takes a piece of paper and jot down while he is doing his Salat. he asked his friend that what is he doing? his friend said, very interestingly that I remember all things I have forgot when I start doing Salat, so I wrote them not to forget them again.

Dear brother, this is the sad story of most of us that Shaytan has found the time we are doing our Salat a good opportunity to distract us in a way that sometimes when we say the last Salam of our Salat we just notice that we have been doing our Salat. For, we have been quite thinking of all daily events those have happened and those are yet to come. Ironically all of us are aware of the importance of focus and concentration within the Salat but unfortunately we can not practice it.

there are some considerations mentioned in the links below:

http://www.islamquest.net/en/archive/question/fa2307

http://islamquest.net/en/archive/question/fa1858

• Advanced Member
12 hours ago, Asad_127 said:

Salaamalikum,

Regards

-Asad_127

Alaikom as Salam, beautiful thoughts to know the problem of being able to perform better Salat. It is really interesting of itself when we stand on prayer maybe we remember everything except With whom we are talking with. But a question do we feel that we are like that, less focus and concentration and feeling and emotions to our Salat, when we are visiting a shrine and praying there. Or we do not have this problem when we visit the shrines of Ahl al-Bait Peace upon Them. There are different reasons, for example a student come to Ayatollah Bahjat and said how to perform better Salat, and when metaphorically sheikh Bahjat said something, the individual understood that his problem is having little knowledge and he should increase his knowledge to feel the sweetness of prayer and let us say presence of heart. Knowledge is really important, to increase our capacity. As Ayatollah Bahjat says: 'One of the ways to correct-Islah - our prayer is to do seriously tawasul to Imam of our Time may He come soon at the beginning when we want start our salat.' Ayatollah Bahjat: 'And to achieve having presence of heart means at the time of ghafla-forgetfulness -, you do not pressure yourself and at the time of presence of heart you do not lose it. Any ways one major problem that even by reading some advice from Ayatollah Bahjat is Ghafla and of course to fight it one need knowledge under umbrella of religion. The second statement of Ayatollah Bahjat can starkly refer to the straight path/moderation/balance that one need to have and that is proper religion. It is really good to think based on what Ayatollah Bahjat says it and our other scholars.

This may also help and if anyone like to have some article or books on this subject directly i can post more reference on prayer; to read about it, delicious ones Allah will.

Notes: http://bahjat.ir/fa#.

• Advanced Member
15 minutes ago, KingKong5200 said:

You could try to whisper you salah(recommended) with proper Tajweed(optional) and try to feel a very strong connection in your heart, between you and Allah (SWT) 

Salam Alikom, just to make it clear of course some prayers you read in silence/whisper but others you must read with normal tone so people hear you if they are near you based on Islamic law.

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, Ali.Isa said:

Salam Alikom, just to make it clear of course some prayers you read in silence/whisper but others you must read with normal tone so people hear you if they are near you based on Islamic law.

Really? Well could you then try to tell me which prayers have to be said loud and so on?

• Advanced Member
8 minutes ago, KingKong5200 said:

Really? Well could you then try to tell me which prayers have to be said loud and so on?

Aalaikom as Salam wa Rahmatollah, depends if it is women or men, but for men Fajr, Maghrib and Isha need to be read with normal tone and not really try to whisper.

Edited by Ali.Isa

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Ali.Isa said:

Aalaikom as Salam wa Rahmatollah, depends if it is women or men, but for men Fajr, Maghrib and Isha need to be read with normal tone and not really try to whisper.

Men: What about Nawafil prayers, prayers on special occasions, and sunnah prayers?

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, KingKong5200 said:

Men: What about Nawafil prayers, prayers on special occasions, and sunnah prayers?

Prayers on special occasions like Friday prayers or Eid prayers or other prayers for extraordinary events in creation, one read laud and of course in congregation mostly. I think you mean with Nawafil and sunnah prayer the same thing, basically Nawafil for all five daily prayers and also night prayer nawafil that is 11 rakat. The night prayer you can read silence, if you fear for example someone will wake up or if your alone in a masjid you can read with normal voice- these prayers has nothing to do with the nafila of the 5 daily prayers -; your call to chose. And also one can follow the same role for nawafil of five prayers if one want to do it, for example if one should read with voice the fajr prayer THAT IS WAJIB, one can read also before its 'nafila' with voice your call because it is mustahab prayer. And there is no reason to read aloud nafila of zuhr and asr prayer because they are already silence in wajib form. That said one can read the nafila with low voice. Lastly it would be cool to check ones marja book and refresh our knowledge, i like to do it despite maybe i know-or forgotten - and it is just cool and nice to read ones marja jurisprudence book, because some of our maraje has not published many of their books, but just necessary books. Thank you for your questions.

Edited by Ali.Isa