Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Zeinabibrahim

Is there a way to getting your past missed prayers to be forgiven?

Rate this topic

39 minutes ago, Zeinabibrahim said:

But what if I do not know how many I've missed..?

In this case you can make a rough estimate in your head then make the intention of trying to perform double (if possible) that amount, just to be sure.

If you fall short of your intended goal and pass away, Allah will take your sincerity and intention to fulful your obligation (for His sake) into account. 

Edited by Ali Musaaa :)

( مسألة 440 ) : إذا لم يعلم بعدد الفوائت ، ودار أمرها بين الأقل والأكثر جاز أن يقتصر على المقدار المتيقّن ، ولا يجب عليه قضاء المقدار المشكوك فيه.

1 hour ago, Zeinabibrahim said:

Is there any way, prayer or dua I can make to get my past missed prayers to be forgiven? 

offer qaza and ask for Allah (swt) forgiveness...

verily is the most merciful

Bismillah.

Salaam.

Follow these steps, please:

1- Calculate your Qadha prayers and estimate it! Then get the minimum number that you are sure your Qadha prayers are not less than that.  

2- Do Qadha for every prayer after every prayer you are doing daily for example at the time of morning prayer recite two morning prayers and do the same for all your prayers; after a while you see that you've compensated a lot without hardship.

3- In the days that you are not working – like holidays and weekends and the month of Ramadhan – you can recite more than other days.

4- You can omit Mustahabbāt (recommended actions not obligatory ones) like Adhān, ʼiqāmah, Qunūt and etc. from Qadha prayer.

With Duas.

Narsis.

Edited by narsis

5 hours ago, Asad_127 said:

What if you like never really prayed? Like you weren't practicing. How do you make up for that? I guess I'm a bit confused. 

well you start praying both the Wajib and the Qadha prayers. Wajib units (daily 5) must be prayed at the allocated times as usual and the Qadha units can be prayed at a time of your choosing. Ideally its best and easier to pray Qadha alongside the Wajib prayer since you are already on the prayer mat and in Wu'du (ablution).

Edited by saas