Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

20 hours ago, CarolBell said:

I'm not sure whether this belongs in the family issues or not, but I'll start with posting it here.

I'm a minor that's part of a Christian family in a Christian town, and the nearest mosque is an hour away in the big city.  The closest Shia mosque is two hours away.  My mom has been wondering why I'm learning about Islam, and I just say that I'm learning, because I am, but she keeps asking if I'm going to convert.  I avoid answering, but I know in my heart that I want to, need to let the world know that I worship Allah, the one and only.  But I'm not one to argue with my mom, and she tells me how Islam is a male dominated religion.  I know that it's not, but how do I explain that?  I'm not good at defending my side of the argument, but if I'm to maintain my family's trust, I must have a good defense of this religion that's based in facts, not just my or another's opinion.  Thank you for your support throughout the couple of days I've been here.

well, best prove is that prophet himself had a daughter and his progency continued from her

On 1/7/2016 at 1:15 PM, CarolBell said:

I'm not sure whether this belongs in the family issues or not, but I'll start with posting it here.

I'm a minor that's part of a Christian family in a Christian town, and the nearest mosque is an hour away in the big city.  The closest Shia mosque is two hours away.  My mom has been wondering why I'm learning about Islam, and I just say that I'm learning, because I am, but she keeps asking if I'm going to convert.  I avoid answering, but I know in my heart that I want to, need to let the world know that I worship Allah, the one and only.  But I'm not one to argue with my mom, and she tells me how Islam is a male dominated religion.  I know that it's not, but how do I explain that?  I'm not good at defending my side of the argument, but if I'm to maintain my family's trust, I must have a good defense of this religion that's based in facts, not just my or another's opinion.  Thank you for your support throughout the couple of days I've been here.

You don't have to get into a debate with them. You can just be honest with them and say you are investigating / doing research and you haven't come to any conclusions. 

Being a revert myself, I went thru this phase, took about a year. When you make your decision, you will know its the right time, and by then you will have enough knowledge to at least defend yourself on the basic points. 

Also, i run a site with some brothers and sisters, 

http://migration313.org

We have some resources there for new reverts

http://migration313.org/discuss/viewforum.php?f=20&sid=12f542b390df7886d4e65f5771364dd0

you might want to check out.

Also, if you need someone to talk to, let me know and I will try to find a sister in your area who may be able to help you. 

Wish you the best in your journey. 

Salam.