Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Abu-Jafar Herz

Who do you want to see win the 2016 presidential elections?

Rate this topic

Who do you want to see win the 2016 presidential elections?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to see win the 2016 presidential elections?

• Bernie Sanders
    • Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump
    • Rand Paul
    • Ben Carson
    • Jeb Bush
    • Chris Christie
    • Ted Cruz

Hello,

4 minutes ago, repenter said:

It's a domestic election. 99% of the people here don't even know the candidates, let alone what the election is about. It's like the senators being elected in the US, rest of the world doesn't really care or know about it because it's mostly interesting domestically, if even that. 

I disagree.  As I mentioned, those elected to the Assembly of Elders will in all likelihood select the next Supreme Leader of Iran.  And that selection will have a huge impact on how Iran interacts with the rest of the World in the coming years.  It is far from an election with only domestic implications.

Much of the World knows this.  It is obvious the different "interest" in Iran know this.  I am surprised you do not.

All the Best,

David

^^ Hello,

Sorry Abu-Jafar.  I missed your question the first time.  I agree with Trump on immigration.  We must do a better job at controlling our borders.  And, we must do a better job of knowing the background of those we are letting in legally.  Trump is pro gun ownership for law abiding citizens. And, Trump is for simplifying the tax code.  Here is a link to his web page, you can make a donation there if you like.

So you basically believe that we should essentially ban Muslims from coming into the United States?

In terms of "pro gun ownership", then Bernie Sanders never said we shouldn't own guns, he said that nut cases shouldn't be able to go to a store and buy a high powered rifle.

4 minutes ago, David66 said:

Hello,

I disagree.  As I mentioned, those elected to the Assembly of Elders will in all likelihood select the next Supreme Leader of Iran.  And that selection will have a huge impact on how Iran interacts with the rest of the World in the coming years.  It is far from an election with only domestic implications.

Much of the World knows this.  It is obvious the different "interest" in Iran know this.  I am surprised you do not.

All the Best,

David

Disagree with which part? The election will have zero impact in the way that any policy will change......like it always never has. And don't worry about the next leader, if such a decision is to be made, which is highly unlikely,  the next leader will be no different than this one. 

The ones that wanted to make a "change" withdrew from the election, because they couldn't pass the bar.......like always, they plan and god plans, and god is the best planner. 

Hello,

21 minutes ago, Abu-Jafar Herz said:

So you basically believe that we should essentially ban Muslims from coming into the United States?

Doesn't he have a point?  Why let people into the United States when an overwhelming majority of those people dislikes what the United States stands for?  Just look at many of the Shia Chat members.  They enjoy the freedom, stability and economic opportunity provided by the United States.  But, they rarely miss an opportunity to wish it harm and call for it's downfall.  On ShiaChat it is just words.  When does it become action? Do you let those that hate you and your family into your home?  It is not prudent. 

Even so, Trump did not call for blocking Muslims from entering the US indefinitely.  He did call for restricting entry until we can better insure radicals are not hiding amongst those that are looking for greater freedom and opportunity.

34 minutes ago, repenter said:

The ones that wanted to make a "change" withdrew from the election, because they couldn't pass the bar.......like always, they plan and god plans, and god is the best planner. 

They didn't withdraw.  They were banned from running for election by the Guardian Council.  I see that quote so often.  "They plan and God plans...."  So, all the candidates with reformist views are planning against God?  What an incredible arrogant view.  Does this include Hassan Khomeini?  Is he also planning against God?

All the Best,

David

Doesn't he have a point?  Why let people into the United States when an overwhelming majority of those people dislikes what the United States stands for?  Just look at many of the Shia Chat members.  They enjoy the freedom, stability and economic opportunity provided by the United States.  But, they rarely miss an opportunity to wish it harm and call for it's downfall.  On ShiaChat it is just words.  When does it become action? Do you let those that hate you and your family into your home?  It is not prudent. 

Even so, Trump did not call for blocking Muslims from entering the US indefinitely.  He did call for restricting entry until we can better insure radicals are not hiding amongst those that are looking for greater freedom and opportunity.

Allow me to educate you on US constitutional law, it is illegal to deny entry to any person into the country based upon race or religion.

Donald Trump is nothing more than a bigot with no political experience, you want to compare him to Bernie Sanders?

Hello,

Your are confusing religion with those that use religion to promote hate, denigrate Western culture and justify the killing of those with different views, such as daesh.  The former is covered, the later is not.

All the Best,

David

On 1/25/2016 at 9:22 AM, Marbles said:

Only if he had protected George Bush Sr's wife's right to abortion, the world would have been a safer place.

Obama's wars have been worse.

At least GW Bush was honest. He was a wannabe cowboy and he acted like it. Obama is a disease in a suit; the manifestation of a diseased political establishment known as the US government.

2 hours ago, David66 said:

Hello,

Your are confusing religion with those that use religion to promote hate, denigrate Western culture and justify the killing of those with different views, such as daesh.  The former is covered, the later is not.

All the Best,

David

No one said Daish shouldn't be banned, Bernie Sanders as well wishes to do background checks on all coming inside the country via the visa process(which we are already doing). What Trump wishes to do is to ban Muslims from entering the country solely based upon their religious affiliation, that is against constitutional law. 

9 hours ago, David66 said:

Hello,

I find it interesting the upcoming US Presidential Race in November is receiving more "press" on Shia Chat than the end of February Elections in Iran.

All the Best,

David

ShiaChat is run by North Americans. Most members on here live in the West. There are very few Iranians on here, fewer still who log in from Iran. So it's not surprising American presidential election is getting more coverage than any other election in any other Muslim country.

7 hours ago, David66 said:

Hello,

Doesn't he have a point?  Why let people into the United States when an overwhelming majority of those people dislikes what the United States stands for?  Just look at many of the Shia Chat members.  They enjoy the freedom, stability and economic opportunity provided by the United States.  But, they rarely miss an opportunity to wish it harm and call for it's downfall.  On ShiaChat it is just words.  When does it become action? Do you let those that hate you and your family into your home?  It is not prudent. 

Even so, Trump did not call for blocking Muslims from entering the US indefinitely.  He did call for restricting entry until we can better insure radicals are not hiding amongst those that are looking for greater freedom and opportunity.

They didn't withdraw.  They were banned from running for election by the Guardian Council.  I see that quote so often.  "They plan and God plans...."  So, all the candidates with reformist views are planning against God?  What an incredible arrogant view.  Does this include Hassan Khomeini?  Is he also planning against God?

All the Best,

David

What have you been reading? They withdrew, such as Hassan Khomeini that got insulted because he had to take a test, so he didn't show up.

Fresh calling someone who reads the news properly arrogant, yet someone supporting a nutjob like Trump and doesn't have a clue about Iranian politics regards himself as Gandalf!

PS:

I got a mail from US embassy a couple of days ago, i'm officially banned from entering the US with the visa Waver program, because ive been to Iran the last 5 years. Which reformist in US suggested that law? And which genius passed it? 

37 minutes ago, repenter said:

What have you been reading? They withdrew, such as Hassan Khomeini that got insulted because he had to take a test, so he didn't show up.

Fresh calling someone who reads the news properly arrogant, yet someone supporting a nutjob like Trump and doesn't have a clue about Iranian politics regards himself as Gandalf!

PS:

I got a mail from US embassy a couple of days ago, i'm officially banned from entering the US with the visa Waver program, because ive been to Iran the last 5 years. Which reformist in US suggested that law? And which genius passed it? 

You're straight-up banned or you need a visa?

4 hours ago, baradar_jackson said:

You're straight-up banned or you need a visa?

I must go through the dull long visa process i guess. Might not even get it. Even with the waver program i felt incomfortable with all the questioning, i can only imagine what the normal visa route will be like.

1 hour ago, repenter said:

i can only imagine what the normal visa route will be like.

Don't imagine; ask one of your Irani passport holder friends. A spectacle of human comedy awaits you. I wonder what Balzac would have made of it if he'd been tasked with penning a story on modern-day visa circus.

Edited by Marbles

16 hours ago, Abu-Jafar Herz said:

Hamas is a group of nawasib fools who are harming their own people just to get media attention. They are also traitors and back biters, this is why Hezbollah stopped supporting them.

So Bernie Sanders is right not to support Hamas, also Hamas is infiltrated by Israel even according to their own officials.

Bernie Sanders is not a Zionist, but at the same time he isn't going to openly support a group that will keep him out of office, its politics and sometimes you have to walk the walk and use your wisdom in order to get things done.

who is talking about Hamas and Hezbollah, it is another matter. But does Hezbollah or anybody who is against Hamas but supports the Palestinian cause, approve Israeli occupation and its bombings of civillians. 

Bernie Sanders is not a Zionist? Wake up brother. So you think he will stop all them billions for Israel?  An outsider cannot become the president of this nation. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2183858/All-presidents-bar-directly-descended-medieval-English-king.html 

Show me a narration of the Ahlul bayt pbut where they say that voting and elections are allowed for their Shias to participate in. Is there a narration from the Imams pbut that one can vote and choose the Leader of the Muslims? Let alone a leader of a foreign/hostile entity/nation. 

O you who have believed, do not take the Jews and the Christians as allies. They are [in fact] allies of one another. And whoever is an ally to them among you - then indeed, he is [one] of them. Indeed, Allah guides not the wrongdoing people. 5:51