Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Abu-Jafar Herz

Who do you want to see win the 2016 presidential elections?

Rate this topic

Who do you want to see win the 2016 presidential elections?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to see win the 2016 presidential elections?

• Bernie Sanders
    • Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump
    • Rand Paul
    • Ben Carson
    • Jeb Bush
    • Chris Christie
    • Ted Cruz

11 hours ago, Mr. Anderson said:

You would vote for this? Really?

jl6lxt.jpg

i've actually never seen that video. Dissapointing answer he gave. But better than Hillary in the whitehouse. 

11 hours ago, em said:

i've actually never seen that video. Dissapointing answer he gave. But better than Hillary in the whitehouse. 

Why do you have to choose a lesser evil if all options are evil? In this case the evils are one and the same. Bernie Sanders also supports abortion and same sex marriages.

8voos0.jpg

Because of that, We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely. And our messengers had certainly come to them with clear proofs. Then indeed many of them, [even] after that, throughout the land, were transgressors.  5:32

You would vote for somebody who is a transgressor and goes against Allah swt's laws? You would vote in the elections of America, which approved same sex marriage bill, America which is mocking Allah swt's divine laws. Why would you vote in elections, the same elections which took the right of Ali ibn Abi Talib pbuh as a Caliph.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3210778/Donald-Trump-Hillary-Clinton-revealed-distant-cousins-family-trees-share-set-royal-ancestors.html

They are all actors, playing as opponents in front of the people. When looking at this picture do you really think that Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton are some kind of opponents?

151013215526-bernie-sanders-democratic-d

1 hour ago, Mr. Anderson said:

Why do you have to choose a lesser evil if all options are evil? In this case the evils are one and the same. Bernie Sanders also supports abortion and same sex marriages.

Because of that, We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely. And our messengers had certainly come to them with clear proofs. Then indeed many of them, [even] after that, throughout the land, were transgressors.  5:32

You would vote for somebody who is a transgressor and goes against Allah swt's laws? You would vote in the elections of America, which approved same sex marriage bill, America which is mocking Allah swt's divine laws. Why would you vote in elections, the same elections which took the right of Ali ibn Abi Talib pbuh as a Caliph.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3210778/Donald-Trump-Hillary-Clinton-revealed-distant-cousins-family-trees-share-set-royal-ancestors.html

They are all actors, playing as opponents in front of the people. When looking at this picture do you really think that Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton are some kind of opponents?

You aren't going to get a perfect candidate, Sanders compared to the alternatives is issue focused and more principled on a whole range of issues, anyone who thinks otherwise needs their head examined.  US presidents are restricted but can institute radical reforms if they are sincere and more importantly provided they are backed by the public, it has happened before under similar circumstances.

The biggest hurdle Sanders will face is that organized labour in the US is virtually non existent, unions historically were able to mobilized the public providing a powerful base which presidents could act upon, there just aren't any strong grassroots institutions that can do so anymore.

Edited by King

2 hours ago, Mr. Anderson said:

Bernie Sanders also supports abortion and same sex marriages.

This hardly matters.

Tell me what are his policies towards the military industrial complex, illegal wars, support for the unprivileged masses and such like.

Edited by Marbles

4 hours ago, Mr. Anderson said:

8voos0.jpg

151013215526-bernie-sanders-democratic-d

true. but i usually look at the candidate that's least likely to take this country to war again.

you're never going to find a perfect candidate running for president in america.

Edited by em

52 minutes ago, Mr. Anderson said:

It looks like this was secularchat, not shiachat

We are not electing the president of ShiaChat.

"As a president I will do everything I can to protect and preserve a woman's right to abortion."

Only if he had protected George Bush Sr's wife's right to abortion, the world would have been a safer place.

1 minute ago, David66 said:

Hello,

I find it interesting the upcoming US Presidential Race in November is receiving more "press" on Shia Chat than the end of February Elections in Iran.

All the Best,

David

I find it interesting that you avoided my question.

On 1/25/2016 at 11:28 AM, Mr. Anderson said:

It looks like this was secularchat, not shiachat

Hamas is a group of nawasib fools who are harming their own people just to get media attention. They are also traitors and back biters, this is why Hezbollah stopped supporting them.

So Bernie Sanders is right not to support Hamas, also Hamas is infiltrated by Israel even according to their own officials.

Bernie Sanders is not a Zionist, but at the same time he isn't going to openly support a group that will keep him out of office, its politics and sometimes you have to walk the walk and use your wisdom in order to get things done.

31 minutes ago, David66 said:

Hello,

I find it interesting the upcoming US Presidential Race in November is receiving more "press" on Shia Chat than the end of February Elections in Iran.

All the Best,

David

Why? There are a lot more Americans than Iranians on shiachat.

^^ Hello,

Sorry Abu-Jafar.  I missed your question the first time.  I agree with Trump on immigration.  We must do a better job at controlling our borders.  And, we must do a better job of knowing the background of those we are letting in legally.  Trump is pro gun ownership for law abiding citizens. And, Trump is for simplifying the tax code.  Here is a link to his web page, you can make a donation there if you like.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/

25 minutes ago, notme said:

Why? There are a lot more Americans than Iranians on shiachat.

Uh.....because there is a dedicated section on ShiaChat called "Iran Politics and Analysis."  I see no dedicated section for "United States of America Politics and Analysis."  Or, "Canadian Politics and Analysis."  Isn't the founder of Shia Chat Canadian?

Because many here look to Iran as the center of the Shia world.

And, because the next class of Assembly of Experts to be elected on 26 February will most likely elect the next Supreme Leader of Iran.  I would expect this, and the near exclusion of "moderates" from running for the Assembly to at least warrant a thread.

All the Best,

David

2 hours ago, David66 said:

Hello,

All the Best,

David

It's a domestic election. 99% of the people here don't even know the candidates, let alone what the election is about. It's like the senators being elected in the US, rest of the world doesn't really care or know about it because it's mostly interesting domestically, if even that. 

And it's not really that interesting. Majority of the people getting elected are from last term anyways, how many mujtahids do you think a country has? It's only that many mujtahids you can pick from and people tend to pick candidates they know well and have a good track record.