Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Abu-Jafar Herz

Who do you want to see win the 2016 presidential elections?

Rate this topic

Who do you want to see win the 2016 presidential elections?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to see win the 2016 presidential elections?

• Bernie Sanders
    • Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump
    • Rand Paul
    • Ben Carson
    • Jeb Bush
    • Chris Christie
    • Ted Cruz

Bernie sanders.

He is by far the lesser of all the evils that may take charge of the presidency.

I hope , and will be cautious but quite happy if he does, the same way at the muslims rejoiced when the romans beat the persians.

But this will be conditional on him being what he promised.

13 hours ago, Abu-Jafar Herz said:

aSalaamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabaraatuh, 

This is something very dangerous that you are doing here and promoting brother. Don't promote misguidance. Fear Allah swt.

20 hours ago, Zendegi said:

Really? One thing I know is that he hardly ever mentions his religion or background in his speeches or debates. He makes himself out just as American as all the other candidates or anyone else for that matter. On top of that his quite secular minded and open, and married to a Christian even though he still identified himself as a Jew.

He has fought heavily for social equality for my minorities like Blacks in the past and is till this day for a variety of other social causes. He is no where a Zionist, doubt the Israel lobby would even prefer him as President and even probably placed him lowest on the pecking order for them. 

Calling him a Zionist just based on his religion is quite demeaning and idiotic. A person shouldn't be judged on their religion and background but their actions. He has so far and for so long presented himself well. He has never put his religion in front of him or others and it has never stopped him as a social activist and politician.

You should refrain from making such comments, when you don't or can't see the matter which is brought here.  When a person doesn't understand what is presented to him it is better to remain quite if no proof can be brought forward to challenge it, rather than use words as "idiotic", etc.  It is also better than bringing hundred other matters into the main one. And the main matter is that participating or having anything to do with (promoting, etc) elections in Islam is haram. Because Supremacy is for Allah swt alone, not for the people. I don't know if you are a Shia, but if you are you need to reconsider your thinking. 

And how can a Shia Muslim that has all of his mind present, participate or promote elections in a system that challenges the system of Allah swt, the only one which a Muslim should obey ? This is your own thinking. If you or any other Shia of Ali has got a proof from the Holy Quran or the narrations that participating or promoting elections is lawful, please show it. 

"he is quite secular minded and open". In above posts it was shown that the individual Bernie Sanders very eagerly defends the right to abortions, it is one of his fundamental principles and Allah swt tells us in the Holy Quran that such people are transgressors. America the Great Dajjal approved same sex marriages an eternal shame in the face of humankind. Does Bernie Sanders say that when he becomes a president he will overrule this or does he support it and defends it.  You want to participate and promote the elections and the system of America the Great Dajjal which is mocking the divine laws of Allah swt?  If you are a Muslim and defend such a thing and a person, then you need to reconsider what religion you follow. 

Also his religion wasn't mentioned, nor was there any mention that he is a Zionist because he is Jewish. America itself is a Zionist entity, and a so called President of it cannot change that, rather a person that is put forward for such position is nothing but a puppet that will not challenge anything and that is in consent with America's principles and rather the things that he says in his campaign is a script and he is just filling the role which his masters from above him want him to. It doesn't matter if he has whatever religion, like all the American president puppets before which did and do things against religion and most importantly against the religion of Allah swt. And this Judeo-Christian entity called America was built on materialism, and world domination, hegemony, and imposing its secular anti religious thinking on the world, mocking the divine laws, mocking the Prophets and Messengers pbut. 

If you choose man made laws over the divine laws of Allah swt you will have to answer in front of the One who said : And I placed in the Earth for you a Successor (Ruler), the Lord of the Worlds. Ya Allah. 

I am getting this sinking feeling that there is collusion between Hillary and Trump behind the scenes.

(Even though Sanders is doing good in the poles, he has very little chance of winning )

The 'establishment' may be trying to clear the field for a Hillary win. 

If the general election is Hillary (an establishment, career politician) vs

Trump (the loudest clown in the clown car) people don't like Hillary and don't think she will do anything good for the country and is firmly in the back pocket of Zionists / Mega Corporations but with a choice between her and Trump, people will flee to safety(the herd mentality) and vote for Hillary, another anti-vote. 

If it comes down to a choice between Trump and Hilary, we know the whole system has completely failed. It's either time for a revolution, or every voting age American should just shoot themselves or move to Mexico (if the votes even matter). (Sorry for the sudden influx of refugees, Mexico.) 

In my lifetime (just over 40 years) I've not seen one good president of the United States. All governments fail eventually. I think the one here was good, has good a solid basis, but only has an effective life of about 200 years.

I hope to be proven wrong.

5 hours ago, notme said:

If it comes down to a choice between Trump and Hilary, we know the whole system has completely failed. It's either time for a revolution, or every voting age American should just shoot themselves or move to Mexico (if the votes even matter). (Sorry for the sudden influx of refugees, Mexico.) 

In my lifetime (just over 40 years) I've not seen one good president of the United States. All governments fail eventually. I think the one here was good, has good a solid basis, but only has an effective life of about 200 years.

In terms of what most people think it should be for, the system failed a long time ago. In terms of what it is actually for, then it is a roaring success. 'Democracy' in the West is essentially a bad joke, where people are under the illusion of having freedom of choice, when in fact they have none. Nobody who was any genuine threat to the current system would be allowed anywhere near a national election. And even if they made it that far, they would be destroyed in the media. Should that not work, they would be killed.

But hey, as long as people are fed and entertained, they won't really care. Certainly not enough to risk what they've got.

7 hours ago, Abu Hadi said:

I am getting this sinking feeling that there is collusion between Hillary and Trump behind the scenes.

(Even though Sanders is doing good in the poles, he has very little chance of winning )

The 'establishment' may be trying to clear the field for a Hillary win. 

If the general election is Hillary (an establishment, career politician) vs

Trump (the loudest clown in the clown car) people don't like Hillary and don't think she will do anything good for the country and is firmly in the back pocket of Zionists / Mega Corporations but with a choice between her and Trump, people will flee to safety(the herd mentality) and vote for Hillary, another anti-vote. 

More than likely.

9 minutes ago, Haydar Husayn said:

But hey, as long as people are fed and entertained, they won't really care. Certainly not enough to risk what they've got.

Like Rome right before it fell. It was dead from within before the Ostrogoths showed up at the gates. 

55 minutes ago, notme said:

Like Rome right before it fell. It was dead from within before the Ostrogoths showed up at the gates. 

True. The rot within is not diagnosed in time. Even when it is, there is a high level of denial about how things actually stand. Things come to a head before the rulers can take remedial action. This has been the story of the rise and fall of every powerful entity. External factors are often catalytic excuses.

9 hours ago, Mr. Anderson said:

aSalaamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabaraatuh, 

This is something very dangerous that you are doing here and promoting brother. Don't promote misguidance. Fear Allah swt.

You should refrain from making such comments, when you don't or can't see the matter which is brought here.  When a person doesn't understand what is presented to him it is better to remain quite if no proof can be brought forward to challenge it, rather than use words as "idiotic", etc.  It is also better than bringing hundred other matters into the main one. And the main matter is that participating or having anything to do with (promoting, etc) elections in Islam is haram. Because Supremacy is for Allah swt alone, not for the people. I don't know if you are a Shia, but if you are you need to reconsider your thinking. 

And how can a Shia Muslim that has all of his mind present, participate or promote elections in a system that challenges the system of Allah swt, the only one which a Muslim should obey ? This is your own thinking. If you or any other Shia of Ali has got a proof from the Holy Quran or the narrations that participating or promoting elections is lawful, please show it. 

"he is quite secular minded and open". In above posts it was shown that the individual Bernie Sanders very eagerly defends the right to abortions, it is one of his fundamental principles and Allah swt tells us in the Holy Quran that such people are transgressors. America the Great Dajjal approved same sex marriages an eternal shame in the face of humankind. Does Bernie Sanders say that when he becomes a president he will overrule this or does he support it and defends it.  You want to participate and promote the elections and the system of America the Great Dajjal which is mocking the divine laws of Allah swt?  If you are a Muslim and defend such a thing and a person, then you need to reconsider what religion you follow. 

Also his religion wasn't mentioned, nor was there any mention that he is a Zionist because he is Jewish. America itself is a Zionist entity, and a so called President of it cannot change that, rather a person that is put forward for such position is nothing but a puppet that will not challenge anything and that is in consent with America's principles and rather the things that he says in his campaign is a script and he is just filling the role which his masters from above him want him to. It doesn't matter if he has whatever religion, like all the American president puppets before which did and do things against religion and most importantly against the religion of Allah swt. And this Judeo-Christian entity called America was built on materialism, and world domination, hegemony, and imposing its secular anti religious thinking on the world, mocking the divine laws, mocking the Prophets and Messengers pbut. 

If you choose man made laws over the divine laws of Allah swt you will have to answer in front of the One who said : And I placed in the Earth for you a Successor (Ruler), the Lord of the Worlds. Ya Allah. 

if you dont mind saying mr anderson, who do you support this election?

17 hours ago, em said:

if you dont mind saying mr anderson, who do you support this election?

I don't support anybody in this election or in any other elections. I support the Caliph and Hujja pbuh that Allah swt has placed as a Ruler over mankind. Supremacy of Allah over supremacy of the people. 

Imam Mahdi (AS), when Sa’d b. ‘Abdillah al-Qummi asked him the reason why people cannot elect an Imam for themselves, replied,

‘Would he be a righteous man or a corrupt man?’

I said, ‘Righteous.’

He said, ‘Is it possible that the selected individual be actually corrupt, for no one really knows what passes through another’s mind, in terms of their righteousness or corruption?’

I said, ‘Yes’.

He said, ‘That is the reason why.’

- [Nur al-Thaqalayn, v. 2, p. 76, no. 283]

Imam al-Sadiq (AS) said, ‘Whoever associates with an Imam chosen by Allah a leader whose leadership is not endorsed by Allah, [is tantamount to having] ascribed a partner to Allah.’

- [Ibid. p. 373, no. 6]

The Prophet (SAWA) said, ‘Verily your Imams are your representatives before Allah, therefore be careful whom you follow in your religion and your prayers.’

- [Bihar al-Anwar, v. 23, p. 30, p. 46]

Imam al-Sadiq (AS) said, ‘When the Day of Judgment comes… an address will come from Allah, the Exalted, saying, ‘Lo! whosoever accepts the leadership of an Imam in the worldly abode should follow him wherever he takes him, hence ‘those who were followed will disown the followers…’

- [Bihar al-Anwar, v. 8, p. 10, no. 3]

No one can choose a Caliph except the Almighty Allah. By Shaykh as-Sadouq

Almighty Allah says:

And when your Lord said to the angels, I am going to place in the earth a vicegerent… (Surah al Baqarah 2:30)

There is a ‘tanween’ on ‘Jaa-il’ here and this is a right, which Allah has kept only for Himself. He says:

Surely I am going to create a mortal from dust! (Surah Saad 38:17)

Here, there is a ‘tanween’ on ‘khaaliq’, which is an attribute selected by Allah only for Himself. Therefore if a person claims that he has the right to elect a caliph then he should be asked to create a man out of dust. If this is not possible for him, the second thing is also out of his capacity because both of them have the same origin. The angels did not have the right to appoint a caliph in spite of their excellence and infallibility. Almighty Allah did this job on His own and made it a proof on His creatures that there is no way for you to appoint an Imam. The Angels did not have any way to appoint an Imam in spite of their pure intentions, loyalty and infallibility. Almighty Allah has praised them in many verses, as in the following:

Nay! They are honored servants; They do not precede Him in speech and (only) according to His commandment do they act. (Surah Anbiya 21:26-27)

And in another verse as:

They do not disobey Allah in what He commands them, and do as they are commanded. (Surah Tahrim 66:6)

How can a man who has a defective mind, foolishness and ignorance do this job perfectly? We can see that Almighty Allah did not leave any commandment including Salaat, Zakat, and Hajj etc. to the wish of man. Then how is it possible to hand over the choice of the most important of all aspects to man?

- [Kamaaluddin wa Tamaamun Ni’ma Volume 1, P. 21]

Right to appoint (elect) leaders.

Abu Muhammad al-Qasim ibn al-’Ala’has narrated from ‘Ad al-’Aziz ibn Muslim the following:

“We had been with Imam Reza (asws) at Marw. During an assembly in the central mosque on Friday, we attended the gathering. It was when we had just arrived (in Marw). People spoke and discussed about the issue of Imamate (Leadership with Divine Authority). All the differing opinions among people in this matter came up. I then went to see my Moula (asws) and informed Him of the people’s controversies over the issue of leadership.

The Imam (asws) smiled and then said the following: ”O ‘Abd al-’Aziz, people are ignorant and their opinions have mislead and deceived them. Allah, the Most Holy, the Most High, did not cause His Holy Prophet (saw) to leave this world before completing for Him the religion.

Allah sent Him the Holy Quran in which all things are clearly explained. Allah has explained in the Holy Quran what is lawful (halal) and what is unlawful (haram). He has explained totally the limits and the rules for all issues that people may face in the affairs of life. Allah, the Most Holy, the Most High, has said, “We have left nothing without a mention of it in the Book. . . .” (6:38)

During the last visit of the Holy Prophet (saw) to Makka for pilgrimage towards the end of His life the following verse of the Holy Quran was sent to Him. “On this day I have perfected your religion, completed My favors to you, and have chosen Islam as your religion. . . .” (5:3) The issue of Imamate (leadership) is part of the completion of religion.

The Holy Prophet (s.a.w) did not leave this world before explaining to His followers the principles of their religion and show them the path clearly, and He left them on a point of a path that faced the direction of the truth. He raised Ali (asws) amongst them as a flag and Imam. He did not leave anything that His followers needed without full explanation. Those who think that Allah, the Most Holy, the Most High, has not completed His religion, they rejected the book of Allah and those who reject the book of Allah they have become expressed unbelievers in it.

Do they realize the value and the status of the Imamate of the ‘Umma (the nation) to justify their selection? Imamate in fact, is far sublime in values, greatest in position, highest in status, the most exclusive issue in all aspects, the most profound and deep for the intellect of the people to reach and grasp it in their opinions, or to appoint an Imam through their selection. The Imamate is that particular distinction which Allah, the Most Holy, the Most High, has distinguished Ibrahim, the very close friend (al-Khalil), after Prophet hood. This close friendship is the third stage in the progression of spiritual degrees.

It is a virtue with which, He honored him and established his fame. He then said, “Behold! I have made you an Imam for the people”. Abraham, the close friend, then out of delight pleaded “Please let it be in my offspring also.” Allah, the Most Holy, the Most High, said, “My covenant does not go to the unjust ones.” (2:124)

Thus, this verse has declared Imamate of all the unjust ones as unlawful till the Day of Judgment and it has established it for those clean and free of evil and injustice. Allah, the Most Holy, the Most High, bestowed him more honors in establishing Imamate in purified and clean persons of his offspring.

“We granted him Isaac and Jacob as a gift and helped both of them to become righteous people (21:72). We appointed them as leaders to guide the people through Our command and sent them revelation to strive for good deeds, worship their Lord, and pay religious tax. Both of them were Our worshipping servants.” (21:73)

So the Imamate remained in his offspring inheriting it from each other, generation after generation, until Allah, the Most Holy, the Most High, made Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) to inherit it. And He, Allah, the Most Holy, the Most High, said, “The nearest people to Abraham, among mankind, are those who followed him, and this Prophet (Muhammad) and the true believers. Allah is the Guardian of the true believers.” (3:68)

So the Imamate belonged to Him particularly, and He (s.a.w), then, entrusted Imam Ali (asws) with it by the command of Allah, the Most Holy, the Most High, as He had made it obligatory.

It then came to be in Ali (asws)’s purified offspring who are free of all sins, to whom Allah has given knowledge and faith, as in the words of He Who is Most High. “Those who have received knowledge and have faith will say, “By the decree of Allah, you have remained for the exact period which was mentioned in the Book of God about the Day of Resurrection. This is the Day of Resurrection, but you did not know.” (30:56)

Imamate will remain in the Sons of Imam Ali (asws) exclusively, till the Day of Judgment and there will no prophet after Muhammad (saw). Wherefrom then have these ignorant people received the right to select Imams? ” Imamate is, certainly, the position of the prophets, and the inheritance of the successors. Imamate indeed, is the representation (khilafa) of Allah and the deputy of the Messenger (s.a.w), and the office of Amir al-mu’minin (asws) and the inheritance of Imam Hasan (asws) and Imam Hussain (asws)

“Imamate is, in fact, the reins of the religion, the social system of the Muslims. It is best for the world, and honor for the believers. Imamate (Islamic leadership) is Islam’s maturing root, and its towering branch. Through the Imam (asws)prayers are complete, Zakat, (charity) is paid, fasting, is maintained, Hajj is performed and Jihad, proper defense is exercised, the wealth of the nation (fay’) and charity (sadaqat) are increased, the laws are enforced and the frontiers are protected and defended.

“The Imam (asws) declares as lawful what Allah has done so and prohibits what Allah has prohibited. He enforces the criminal laws of Allah, defends the religion of Allah and he provides guidance with wisdom, good advice and with the topmost strong evidence.

“The Imam (asws) is like the risen sun that beautifies the world with its light and is in the horizon above the harm of hands and eyes. The Imam (asws) is as the bright moon, the shining lamp, the brilliant light, and the guiding star in the depth of darkness, in the middle of the towns, in the wilderness and the high seas. The Imam (asws) is as crystal-clear water to thirst, an indicator of true guidance and the protector against destruction. The Imam (asws) is as fire of a lighthouse that provides warmth and guidance for those who seek heat protection against fatalities. Whoever would depart him would perish.

“The Imam (asws) (in terms of blessings) is as the rain-bearing cloud, the drenching rainfall, the shining sun, the shadow providing sky, the open fields, the gushing forth spring, as a pond and a garden. The Imam (asws) is as a comforting friend, a very kind father, a real brother, a tenderhearted mother of a small child, a refuge for people in disastrous conditions. The Imam (asws) is Allah’s trustee over His creatures, His authority over His servants, His representative in His lands, the preacher of His cause and the defender of His sanctuary.

“The Imam (asws) is clean of sins, free of faults, possesses special knowledge and is distinguished in forbearance. The Imam (asws) maintains law and order in religion. He is the might of the Muslims to enrages the hypocrites, and futile to unbelievers. The Imam (asws) is the peerless person of his time, no-one can reach even near his rank in virtue and no scholar is comparable to him. His is exclusive in all virtues of which none is acquired or is sought after; in fact, his virtues are all bestowed up on him by the source of all virtue, the Generous One.

Who is he that can know all about the Imam (asws), or can select him? To affirm the ability of selection is very far from the truth. Intellects have become confused, understanding has lost the meaning, awareness is frustrated, eyes have become dull and tired, the great ones have become humble, the sagacious ones have become bewildered and people of forbearance have lost patience.

The orators have become speechless, the intelligent ones have become ignorant and the poets have become exhausted. The man-of-letter has become helpless, people of eloquence have turned wordless to speak of any of the aspects of his status or a virtue of his virtues and instead have confessed their helplessness in the matter. How can one speak of him in full, or describe him in the real sense or understand anything of his affairs or find an alternative for him sufficient for what he sufficed. There is no such thing and no where such is found.

He is like a star away from the reach of those who try to reach, or those who try to describe. Where does the idea of selecting him would then stand in such case? How can then reasons and intellects reach him and where can one find a person like the Imam (asws)?

“Would they think that such a person can be found outside the family of RasoolAllah (saw)? Their souls, I swear by Allah, have told them a lie. Falsehood has induced in them evil hopes. Be on your guard.

They intend to raise the Imam (asws) by their confused, fruitless and faulty intellects and their misleading opinions. It would do nothing good except taking them away from the truth. (May Allah be their adversary. Where are they headed.) (Holy Quran 9:30) They have aimed at a difficult task and have spoken something meaningless.

They have strayed far away from the truth and have faced huge confusions. They have knowingly ignored the Imam (asws).It is Shaitan who, has made their deeds to seem attractive to them and has blocked them from reaching the path of guidance when they know it fully.

They have turned from the choice of Allah and His Messenger and His family to accept their own choice. The Holy Quran calls up on them,“Your Lord creates and chooses (to grant mercy) to whomever He wants. (In matters of guidance) they (unbelievers) do not have the choice to choose whatever they want.Allah is too exalted to be considered equal to anything else.” (28:68) Quran also says, “The believing men and women must not feel free to do something in their affairs other than that which has been already decided for them by God and His Messenger. One who disobeys God and His Messenger is in plain error. (33:36)

Quran further says, “What is the matter with you? How could you judge this to be so? (68:36). Do you have a book from which you study (68:37) that tells you to do whatever you want? (68:38). Do you have a covenant with Us which allows you to do whatever you want until the Day of Judgment? (68:39).

(Muhammad), ask which of them can guarantee that on the Day of Judgment (68:40). They will receive the same thing that the Muslims will? Do they have any witness to such an agreement? Let them bring out such witness, if they are truthful.” (68:41).

Again the Holy Quran says, “Is it that they do not think about the Quran or are their hearts sealed?” (47:24) Or as it says, “. . . their hearts were sealed and they were left with no understanding.” (9:87) or like, “Do not be like those who said that they have heard (the Messenger’s commands) but do not pay any attention to them (8:21).

The most wicked beasts in the sight of Allah are the deaf and the dumb who have no understanding (8:22). Had they possessed any virtue, Allah would certainly have made them hear. Even if Allah were to make them hear, they would still turn away from (the words of Allah).” (8:23) or like, “you said that you had listened but you disobeyed.. . .” (2:93) It is the grace from Allah and He gives to whoever He wills. Allah is possesses great generosity.

How would they have the right to choose the Imam (asws)? The Imam (asws) is one that is not ignorant of anything. He enjoys the blessings of the exclusive prayers of the Messenger of Allah and of being of the progeny of the Holy Lady, al- Batool (sa). There is not a question about Their genealogical purity.

He is of the house of Quraysh and the top most in clan of Hashim and of the family of the Messenger of Allah, enjoying the happiness of Allah, the Most Holy, the Most High, is the honor of all nobility. He is of the offspring of ‘Abd al-Manaf. He possesses a body of increasing knowledge. He is perfect in forbearance, the only one to qualify for the position of Imamate (leadership).

He has full knowledge of the politics, whose obedience is obligatory by the command of Allah. He is appointed for Imamate by the command of Allah, the Most Holy, the Most High to give good advice to the servants of Allah and to protect the religion of Allah. Allah grants success and support to the prophets and the Imams (asws) through His treasured knowledge and command in a way that is granted to no one else. Thus, Their knowledge is above the knowledge of the people of Their times as mentioned in the following words of Allah. “Is the one who guides to the Truth a proper guide or one who himself cannot find guidance unless he is guided (by others)? What is wrong with you that you judge (so unjustly)?” (10:35) and in, “Whoever is given wisdom, certainly, has received much good. . . .” (2:269). Or as about Talut in the following words, “Allah has chosen him as your ruler and has given him physical power and knowledge. Allah grants His authority to anyone whom He wants. Allah is Provident and All-knowing. (2:247) or as He has said about His Prophet (saw.),“Allah has revealed the Book to you, has given you wisdom, and has taught you what you did not know. Certainly Allah’s favor to you has been great.” (4:113)

He also said about the Imams (asws) from the family of the Holy Prophet (s.a.w) “Are they jealous of the favors that God has done to some people? We have given to the family of Abraham the Book, Wisdom, and a great Kingdom (4:54). Some have believed, others have disbelieved and tried to prevent people from believing. For these people, only the intense fire of hell is a sufficient punishment.” (4:55)

When Allah, the Most Holy, the Most High, chooses a person for the affairs of His servants, He opens his heart for the task, places in it the fountains of wisdom and inspires him with knowledge. He then never becomes tired of answering questions and never becomes confused to miss the right answer. He is infallible, Divinely supported, successful and guarded. He is immune from sins and shortcomings and faults. Allah has granted Him this exclusively so that He would serve as the Divine authority over His servant, as a witness over them and this is grace of Allah that He grant to whoever He wills and Allah’s grace is the greatest. Can one amongst the people have such things so they would choose him as the Imam (asws) or can their selected person have such distinctions to be preferred over the others?

They, swearing to the house of Allah, have transgressed against the truth and have thrown the book of Allah behind their backs as if they do not know. In the book of Allah there is guidance and cure but they have ignored it and have followed their own desires. For this reason Allah has criticized, expressed anger and condemned them in His words as follows. “Who strays more than one who follows his desires without guidance from Allah? Allah does not guide the unjust people.” (28:50) .

“The fate of the unbelievers will be to stumble and their deeds will have no virtuous results;” (47:8)

“This act greatly angers Allah and the believers. Thus does Allah seal the hearts of every arrogant oppressor.” (40:35).

May Allah grant blessings up on Prophet Muhammad and His family and may He grant them peace, a great deal of peace.”

- (Al Kafi H 523 Ch 15 h 1)

On 1/28/2016 at 8:39 AM, notme said:

I think most non brainwashed people realized along time ago that it's time for a revolution. 

But a revolution needs a leader. Who will lead it. 

Who has a high degree of credibility with both blacks and whites, liberals and conservatives, 

Southerners and Northerners, and who is willing to directly challenge the political establishment

and big corporations. I don't see anyone like that. If there was, I would support him/her. 

7 minutes ago, Abu Hadi said:

Who has a high degree of credibility with both blacks and whites, liberals and conservatives, 

Southerners and Northerners, and who is willing to directly challenge the political establishment

and big corporations. I don't see anyone like that. If there was, I would support him/her. 

There first thing we need to do before anything good can happen is stop dividing ourselves into groups! The only one of these groups that you mention that is a real division is liberal/conservative, and by definition conservatives don't have revolutions. 

I would vote as follows: 

Hilary vs. Trump : Trump

Bernie vs. Trump: Bernie 

Anything else: I couldn't care less and will exercise my right not to vote. 

Why Trump ? Cause he may not be all that great for the US Muslims, but then fact is we have it way better than most Muslims in Muslim majority countries, and loss of a some civil liberties won't be all that bad, I think. BUT Trump is not an imperialist - let's go to war at the drop of a feather of some bird flying over head - he may be all gun ho - but he opposed the wars in Iraq, Libya, and clearly stated who is really responsible for ISIS. That attitude will be better for Muslims where they are being attacked all the time. AND no matter how zio he may appear at this time, he will be far more independent than the rest of the crew (including Bernie). 

Bernie's over Trump - because on the balance he will be better both domestically and may not be as good as Trump, but not horrendous either... so he marginally beats Trump. 

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 8:22 PM, notme said:

There first thing we need to do before anything good can happen is stop dividing ourselves into groups! The only one of these groups that you mention that is a real division is liberal/conservative, and by definition conservatives don't have revolutions. 

Politically incorrect -in a socialist gov't kind of way. So now you see "why" the gov't and liberals are always promoting "diversity". Divide and Conquer/Divide is Control/Bread & Circus.

I'd write more but l'll miss the next installment of "Who is doing Nothing" on TV.

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 9:11 PM, skylight2 said:

I would vote as follows: 

Hilary vs. Trump : Trump

Bernie vs. Trump: Bernie 

Anything else: I couldn't care less and will exercise my right not to vote. 

Why Trump ? Cause he may not be all that great for the US Muslims, but then fact is we have it way better than most Muslims in Muslim majority countries, and loss of a some civil liberties won't be all that bad, I think. BUT Trump is not an imperialist - let's go to war at the drop of a feather of some bird flying over head - he may be all gun ho - but he opposed the wars in Iraq, Libya, and clearly stated who is really responsible for ISIS. That attitude will be better for Muslims where they are being attacked all the time. AND no matter how zio he may appear at this time, he will be far more independent than the rest of the crew (including Bernie). 

Bernie's over Trump - because on the balance he will be better both domestically and may not be as good as Trump, but not horrendous either... so he marginally beats Trump. 

l'll agree with this.

With Bernie, he has no indicators of a starry-eyed socialist/social-democrat and he is not a gun-control nut.

With Trump, it is his ego: that can make him a very bad el-Presidente or a very good President.

Bernie is finished, he does not want the Presidency, he just wanted to run... and run he has far away from the Presidency.  This was all a charade to bring the disenchanted back to the fold of the imperialist Democratic Party.  Trump is also down but not just out yet.  

34 minutes ago, skylight2 said:

Bernie is finished, he does not want the Presidency, he just wanted to run... and run he has far away from the Presidency.  This was all a charade to bring the disenchanted back to the fold of the imperialist Democratic Party.  Trump is also down but not just out yet.  

I highly doubt that. Bernie is more determined now than ever given his surging popularity.  If anything, it's Trump who is running to win not to become President.  

Hillary is a bought and paid for Wall Street and AIPAC puppet while the other Republican candidates are itching to start WW3.  Bernie is the only sane option.

21 hours ago, Renaissance_Man said:

I highly doubt that. Bernie is more determined now than ever given his surging popularity.  If anything, it's Trump who is running to win not to become President.  

Hillary is a bought and paid for Wall Street and AIPAC puppet while the other Republican candidates are itching to start WW3.  Bernie is the only sane option.

We'll see... Trump if he is running to win is going to end up being President... agree about Hillary and the rest of the goon squad. Bernie is the sane option, i.e. best of the worst... but not necessarily evil like the rest of 'em 

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 11:21 PM, skylight2 said:

Bernie just accomplished something unprecedented in American political history.  I don't think people are truly grasping what is going on. 

Just a few months ago they were predicting he would have around 3% of the vote, he managed to get nearly 50%.

For the longest time socialist/communist was the dirtiest thing you could call a person in the US, this is why even left leaning politicians have always been advised to stay clear of such tags, it has always been understood to be instant political suicide.  To have a self-proclaimed socialist having this sort of mainstream platform is unprecedented, it already has been a major victory given American political history, whether Bernie goes on to win the election or not.

There are a couple of other things, candidates the establishment are backing are suffering defeats, across the board, every candidate the NYTimes seems to back ends up doing a lot worse than their projections.  Secondly, 84% of the young vote, aged 19-29 or so was for Sanders, that is a staggering amount, these are the people that will make up for the vast majority of the voting base in the next few decades. If Hillary just manages to win by a small margin, it is still would be a significant blow to establishment politics, this would also be true if Sanders was to win and not carry out any of his promised reforms.

I think we should remember where all this is coming from, for everyone who said the Occupy movement was not successful, they should revisit the argument, Bernie Sanders rise is a direct result of the discourse generated by the occupy protests.  Sanders and other left leaning economists/politicians have been saying the same thing for decades, no one ever took them seriously, Occupy changed all that.

As for Sanders actually winning, there is a good chance that the establishment might actually end up compromising and backing Sanders eventually, this is because the people at the top are insecure and genuinely fearful of economic uncertainty.  In order to protect what they have amassed for decades, they might very well be willing to compromise by paying a little more in taxes and giving the go ahead on spending etc. This sort of inequality cannot continue without a major eventual public revolt. The business leaders reached a similar sort of deal with Roosevelt after the great depression, where they agreed to be taxed upwards of 90% at the top bracket, this facilitated large infrastructure projects, jobs and the social security system in dire economic circumstances.

Edited by King

:bismillah:

Salam everyone,

I just wanted to throw a remark into all these analyses, but from a completely different point of view - a psychiatric one.

Being an educated nurse with higher diploma and specialised for psychiatry, and with a decade-long experince in working on the closed wards in Burghölzli in Zürich, I bring maybe an unusual input here, but as I have recently watched a couple of documentaries with in-depth informations about Donal Trump, his personality, his life story, his childhood and family etc. etc, I think maybe we should really think about these matters, too.

I shall not bore everyone with obscure, scary psychiatric terminology in Latin, or pin a couple of very serious-sounding, definitive diagnosis on a man, but just point at a couple of details, that we have all seen, and then ask a couple of questions.

Mr. Trump has been very much in the focus of the media all his adult life, sometimes because of his ups and downs in the financial world, but mostly because of his "unorthodox" behavior, his exaggerated need to be in the spotlight, his megalomanic way of portraying himself as a superior - just about everything, and his "entertaining" views about - again, almost everything. 

But this election campaign shows him clearly and in detail as a very unstable, addicted to public attention personality,who is utterly and completely unable to treat serious subjects seriously - or pretends to be so... In spite of the very obvious (and proved) fact that he has no qualifications or experience in all the most important matters of being a leader of any country, let alone the USA, he has been boasting (for months) about his superiority, dismissing his many deficits with a laugh and a joke. His unserious manner when discussing all the most tragic events and crisis of our time and completely ridiculous "solutions" that he shall implement as soon as he grabs the highest chair in the White House, his behavior in front of the cameras - clown-like, screaming and bizarre, and often clearly infantile, has taken the phenomenon called  "presidential campaign" to a completely new level - cheap, primitive, ridiculous and offensive in the most vulgar way.

Mr. Trump has no plan for leading the country, no plan for solving the economic crisis, the political upheavals, wars and the mass dying of the inocent, or any other crisis - he simply waves off the problems, and states openly that all shall be perfect again as soon as President D. Trump builds a wall, bans all Muslims from entering USA and places all the women again in the place they should be... He is constantly repeating the same few stories and the same few ridiculous so-called strategies that will change everything and "make America great again" -  as long as he becomes the President. 

While the other candidates at least dress, talk and behave in a serious, calm and (sometimes) respectful way, and promise a realistic and (at least) sane - sounding solutions, Mr. Trump every time appears in rather strange attire (presumably to show off his wealth and "superiority"), his hair is done in a very funny, pathetic and unsuitable way, he screams coarsely and waives his hands in a childish manner, he grimaces, laughs loudly and even imitates and mimics anyone who critisises him, adding a couple of juicy, vulgar remarks about them, so that after watching any of his appearances (including those cheerleaders with unbelievably stupid, meaningless "cheers") for five minutes, many people I know felt embarrassed, confused and not really believing that such an "entertaining" character is really campaining for the president of any country in this world.

What to say about his language and his way of expressing himself (in front of the whole world)? Are these faux-pas obscenities about women, about Mexican people, about Muslims - are they just spontaneous mistakes of a rather unintelligent, uncultivated and vulgar man who has no control over his tongue? Or are his insults not impulsive at all, but well-prepared and well-rehearsed part of his so called "image" of a very successful, frank and outspoken, sympathetic and lovable "rogue", who tells the truth as it is and is not afraid to challenge everything and everyone, and brings the new solutions for the country - fresh, unorthodox and heaven-sent...?

I think that we all, from what we have seen and heard from Mr. Trump so far, can agree that he has a number of psychic disorders, that need no psychiatrist to point out - his narcissistic personality, his pathological need to insult, openly offend and ridicule (in a very primitive way) anyone he perceives as an opponent or a critic of himself, then his delusion of grandeur in portraying himself as some kind of heaven-sent Messias, who needs no information or experience, but can, just by being a genius in all fields, solve all the problems that plague this world since the beginning of time. He shows no remorse in his business dealings for the people who, through his shady endeavours, lost all they had, and generally no interesse of any kind in anyone but himself.

He also lacks basic education and basic home upbringing; his manners are vulgar, uncultivated, showing strong matcho-ism and often just simply ridiculous and embarrassing. Much can be learnt about him, his aggressive and bullying behaviour since his childhood, and other aspects of his personality, in a documentaries on Youtube, for those who are interested (or need prooves). 

So how can someone be even remotely considering this man as a president - or indeed any other, much less responsible job? Can anyone who has a minimum of common sense let Mr. Trump have the control of the army, the weapons, the secret service or, the worst of all, US nuclear bombs? Does anyone truly believe for a moment that he can accept any advice of his presidential advisors and accept someone other's suggestions? Or may he, from time to time, when annoyed or simply bored, press a couple of important-looking, nice red buttons, to show off a little  - I means, dare anyone on earth doubt for a second that Donalds rockets are the deadliest?  Who can let such a respectless, uncultivated and primitive man rule and influence the lives of millions of women, of Hispanic residents or people who belong to any ethnic/religious minorities? Or who is prepared to watch this man's circus-like performances regularly and for years, with all the insults, self-glorification and all the ridiculousness of it all? Would you not tremble at every "breaking news" announcement - has he decided that it would be very nice to wipe out this or that nation, because his mangoes or bananas, sent from there, were not ripe enough? Or what educated, self-respecting, sane American really wants to be represented to the whole world (and his homeland made ridiculous) by such a - how shall I say - a "funny and multi-coloured" individual? 

I also have a couple of thoughts about all those millions of people who watch his campaigne, attend his rallies and are seriously ready to vote for him as a leader of their country - but that very simple analysis would probably be too much of an insult or offence for some... And yet, it is a disturbing, totally insane, incredible, impossible, unfanthomable fact, that make some of us despair - this man has millions of supporters! 

P.S. Has anyone noticed how different from the other ones some countries are? For example, how Britain, and indeed the whole of Europe has so very different view on many things than, for example, Americans? Well, I am glad to be where I am.

Kindest regards to all, 

Amina

21 hours ago, King said:

Bernie just accomplished something unprecedented in American political history.  I don't think people are truly grasping what is going on. 

Just a few months ago they were predicting he would have around 3% of the vote, he managed to get nearly 50%. etc. 

Very idealistic, but not how the real world works in America, unfortunately. See a good interview Press TV did with an analyst who actually knows how American politics actually works. The real insurgent candidate is not Sanders but Trump. That is the one to watch. 

“They don’t need her; they need someone who can do this job and if  Hillary Clinton is not cooking with the American electorate in this sideshow then they’ll get someone else and they could live easily live with Bernie Sanders who is not against any of their war,  he’s really not a threat to Empire, and  so it would be fairly simple to glitz it up like they did with Obama in 2008 and say you know, you know what, people aren’t digging this lady [so] let’s go for some other guy,” the analyst observed.

He said Sanders could win the US presidential election since the Empire needs a person like him to sell its war and they would allow him to make a modest increase in minimum wage, some sort of readjusting of the “social safety net” for Americans in order to keep their game going.

http://www.presstv.com/Detail/2016/02/02/448386/US-Empire-Sanders

Edited by skylight2

On 2/6/2016 at 3:43 PM, King said:

Just a few months ago they were predicting he would have around 3% of the vote, he managed to get nearly 50%.

For the longest time socialist/communist was the dirtiest thing you could call a person in the US, this is why even left leaning politicians have always been advised to stay clear of such tags, it has always been understood to be instant political suicide.  To have a self-proclaimed socialist having this sort of mainstream platform is unprecedented, it already has been a major victory given American political history, whether Bernie goes on to win the election or not.

There are a couple of other things, candidates the establishment are backing are suffering defeats, across the board, every candidate the NYTimes seems to back ends up doing a lot worse than their projections.  Secondly, 84% of the young vote, aged 19-29 or so was for Sanders, that is a staggering amount, these are the people that will make up for the vast majority of the voting base in the next few decades. If Hillary just manages to win by a small margin, it is still would be a significant blow to establishment politics, this would also be true if Sanders was to win and not carry out any of his promised reforms.

I think we should remember where all this is coming from, for everyone who said the Occupy movement was not successful, they should revisit the argument, Bernie Sanders rise is a direct result of the discourse generated by the occupy protests.  Sanders and other left leaning economists/politicians have been saying the same thing for decades, no one ever took them seriously, Occupy changed all that.

As for Sanders actually winning, there is a good chance that the establishment might actually end up compromising and backing Sanders eventually, this is because the people at the top are insecure and genuinely fearful of economic uncertainty.  In order to protect what they have amassed for decades, they might very well be willing to compromise by paying a little more in taxes and giving the go ahead on spending etc. This sort of inequality cannot continue without a major eventual public revolt. The business leaders reached a similar sort of deal with Roosevelt after the great depression, where they agreed to be taxed upwards of 90% at the top bracket, this facilitated large infrastructure projects, jobs and the social security system in dire economic circumstances.

If Sanders' rise is an indirect result of the Occupy protests, where was he in the previous elections?

My memory is not so good but I am pretty sure the Occupy movement was in 2011 whereas the last presidential election was in 2012, when the Occupy movement was still fresh. Where was the concession "socialist" candidate in 2012?

As far as I can tell, the powers that be are as secure as they have ever been. This isn't the 1930's. There is no pariah state USSR to keep the elites scared. Sure, there is discontent. But discontent alone means nothing; otherwise, most of the governments in the world would have been overthrown ten times by now. There needs to be some practical outlet for this discontent. At the moment no such thing exists in the United States of America.

38 minutes ago, baradar_jackson said:

If Sanders' rise is an indirect result of the Occupy protests, where was he in the previous elections?

My memory is not so good but I am pretty sure the Occupy movement was in 2011 whereas the last presidential election was in 2012, when the Occupy movement was still fresh. Where was the concession "socialist" candidate in 2012?

How so American of you...looking for quick results.

Not saying Sanders' rise is a sure sign of the decline of good old capitalism and the onset of more socialism in the USA, but sociopolitical change takes decades to come through. What appears in the start an insignificant thing takes on a new meaning when the factors that gave rise to it in the first place aren't addressed - and they haven't been addressed to satisfaction in the USA. Most people miss out on the baby steps that ultimately become to big to ignore. 

Edited by Marbles

13 minutes ago, baradar_jackson said:

As far as I can tell, the powers that be are as secure as they have ever been. This isn't the 1930's. There is no pariah state USSR to keep the elites scared. Sure, there is discontent. But discontent alone means nothing; otherwise, most of the governments in the world would have been overthrown ten times by now. There needs to be some practical outlet for this discontent. At the moment no such thing exists in the United States of America.

Do you really think these things always happen overnight?  Sanders back in 2012 was urged to run for presidency as his exploits were gaining support but on a relatively fringe scale, for what could be all kinds of understandable reasons he didn't pursue the path.  I would think the public post the occupy protests would have been quite receptive to someone like him had he decided to run back in 2012 but they would tend to be even more receptive now that it is all sinking in.  There is a new study on inequality published almost every other month and reported widely, a lot of the right wing economists hesitate to even make the same arguments they would routinely have made 5 years ago.  Even at the beginning of the current campaign Sanders was virtually unknown, but it is obvious that a vacuum for at least a European style socialist candidate has been waiting to be filled. 

I do agree that there needs to be a more practical outlet for the discontent, and a lack of a strong labour movement hampers such prospects, but simply a change in public consciousness is still a major development.  There have been a lot of things happening in the background, and this has nothing to do with Sanders, I have come across some left leaning economists which couldn't for decades find any willing ears to their critiques of the capitalist system, now the same people are being invited to speak across the country.  These sort of things take time but there is a genuine case for some optimism.

He didn't run in 2012 because there was a reasonably popular sitting president who wanted a second term and who won it handily. It would have been a political non-starter to go against an incumbent from your side of the aisle like that. Now is the only viable time for a run. He knew enough people did not like Hillary.

Edited by LeftCoastMom

5 hours ago, King said:

Do you really think these things always happen overnight?  Sanders back in 2012 was urged to run for presidency as his exploits were gaining support but on a relatively fringe scale, for what could be all kinds of understandable reasons he didn't pursue the path.  I would think the public post the occupy protests would have been quite receptive to someone like him had he decided to run back in 2012 but they would tend to be even more receptive now that it is all sinking in.  There is a new study on inequality published almost every other month and reported widely, a lot of the right wing economists hesitate to even make the same arguments they would routinely have made 5 years ago.  Even at the beginning of the current campaign Sanders was virtually unknown, but it is obvious that a vacuum for at least a European style socialist candidate has been waiting to be filled. 

I do agree that there needs to be a more practical outlet for the discontent, and a lack of a strong labour movement hampers such prospects, but simply a change in public consciousness is still a major development.  There have been a lot of things happening in the background, and this has nothing to do with Sanders, I have come across some left leaning economists which couldn't for decades find any willing ears to their critiques of the capitalist system, now the same people are being invited to speak across the country.  These sort of things take time but there is a genuine case for some optimism.

After Obama fiasco my way of handling about-to-be-crushed expectations was uttering the last line of Ernest Hemingway's "Fiesta": "Isn't it pretty to think so?"

Saw the PBS sponsored debate Thursday night, 11Feb.

Hilllary talks like she is patronizing people, especially likely 'supporters', especially at the end of the debate when she diatribed about Obama's "leadership". She had a well rehearsed closing statement.

Nightly Business Report on the 11th had a report about how Wall Street has "tripled" it political donations over 2012 (Opine: at this is only up to end of Dec reporting) Hillary so far has gotten "17.2 Million", Cruz "$12.2 Million" and J.E.B.Bush "$35.56 Million"  NBR's source is the Center for Responsible Politics.

Morgan Stanley is paying another $3.2Billion fine  for mortgage-investment fraud.

I noticed this past Tuesday morning that just as the New Hampshire Primary was starting, the Independent Counsel for Whitewater report (a 1990s "scandal") was extracted (id est "stolen") from the National Archives Monday night and released to the public. So the rumors in the online media that the Repubs are "waiting" for Hillary are looking real.

Sidney Portier has endorsed Sanders.

Sanders needs to refine some of his rhetoric and expand his message into other areas. Sanders is correct in saying judgment is more important than a resume. Hillary was Sec of State when the US signed-off on the release of convicts sent into Iraq to form IS because the CIA's operations run out of Jordan failed badly in getting that gas pipeline built.

For those of you who are sipping the Sanders kool-aid... need I remind you that it was not long ago when Barak Abu Ali Hussein Obama -- self-described "closest thing to a Jewish president" -- was sitting with Edward Said at "Free Palestine" events and such.

This is a diseased political process. Don't get sucked into it every time they throw something new and shiny into the mix.

25 minutes ago, baradar_jackson said:

For those of you who are sipping the Sanders kool-aid... need I remind you that it was not long ago when Barak Abu Ali Hussein Obama -- self-described "closest thing to a Jewish president" -- was sitting with Edward Said at "Free Palestine" events and such.

What other option is there? I would rather Sanders than Hilary or another Repugnantcan like Bush or Trump.

2 hours ago, baradar_jackson said:

This is a diseased political process. Don't get sucked into it every time they throw something new and shiny into the mix.

Probably right, but I agree with Gauis. Up to this point they at least put up some minimal appearance of being human. So we choose the one we think is the lesser evil. Anarchy is the greatest evil (with regard to government) of all, and that is what we risk if we revolt too soon.