Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

:bismillah:

The bible mentions in Genesis the covenant that God made with Abraham and that of Ishmael becoming a great nation:

Genesis 17:20King James Version (KJV)

20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.

Do you think the 'Twelve Princes' refers to the 12 Imam's? They were technically from the progeny of Ishmael?

Do you know if there are any other links that could be made within the Bible or the Torah to Islam that has to do with some sort of forecast like the above example? I know there's something about 'a greater sacrifice' when Abraham was put to a test by God...Right?

1 hour ago, Karban said:

Genesis 17:20King James Version (KJV)

20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.

^ This prayer in the Bible is similar to the Holy Qur'an, 2:127-129:

”And remember when Ibrahim and Ismail raised the foundations of the House (with this prayer): “Our Lord! Accept this (service) from us for Thou art the Hearing, the Knowing.
”Our Lord; and raise amongst them a Messenger of their own who shall recite Thy communication to them and instruct them the Book and Wisdom, and purify them, for Thou art the Mighty, the Wise.”

@Umar Khattab it mentions 12 princes not nations. But I am also skeptical about the princes being the Imams, however it does sound plausible.

Remember, to Shias they may be considered to be the Imams, but to Sunnis it may be considered to be the 12 political leaders after the Prophet (sawa).

"though shiism and christianity have a lot in common without a doubt" - to what similarities are you referring?