In the Name of God بسم الله

Very urgent: Making reports on Bonds

Rate this topic

Afs

• Basic Members

Salaams all,

Appreciate any help from anyone who knows about this topic. Please answer very carefully because my future may depend on your answer. I lost my job and in the process of being offered anther but just found out that it involves making reports (analysing data from databases) of bonds. I neither deal with them directly, sell them nor buy them. Just create reports for companies that already have them. Is this allowed ? The countries are all non-muslim as far as I know. The company deals with many non-muslim companies and one bank (Muskat bank) that is from Oman.

Many thanks.

(I follow Agha Sistani)

Edited by Afs
Additions to question

• Forum Administrators

^ Salam. The reply needs to be according to the marja you follow, unless you don't want to tell us who your marja is. In that case, replies could be based on the majority view of all of the ulema. 

• Forum Administrators

This may be relevant to you, if you are in the taqlid of Ayatollah Sistani:

http://www.sistani.org/english/book/45/1981/

AIUI it helps your case if the people who are paying the interest on the bonds are Non-Muslims.

• Advanced Member

Actually I would love to add on to his question if any one can come up with an answer according to Sistani.

1. Are you allowed to work for a bank? The reason why I ask is banks/ make their money through haram means such as bonds and interest. They also pay you with the profit from this haram money.

2. Are you allowed to audit a company that does Haram?

3. Are you allowed to analyse data pertaining to making money in a non islamic manner?

As the op asked can you analyse bond trends? Can you analyse interest margins? Although an analysis does not involve the purchasing/selling of bonds it may alter the amount of bonds the company is willing to issue/buy and the price at which they are willing to issue/buy it, interest rates, ect.

• Basic Members

"it helps your case if the people who are paying the interest on the bonds are Non-Muslims

1 hour ago, Haji 2003 said:

This may be relevant to you, if you are in the taqlid of Ayatollah Sistani:

http://www.sistani.org/english/book/45/1981/

AIUI it helps your case if the people who are paying the interest on the bonds are Non-Muslims.

Thanks for the reply. I don't think there is a way of knowing if Muslims are paying these banks interest. The company I mentioned works with over 20 financial institutions which may well have Muslim clients although they aren't in Muslim countries.