Rate this topic

My name is Carol, and I belong to a Christian family. I've always disliked the way the Christians taught about God, and became an Atheist about a year and a half ago. But I've always been drawn to Islam, and my lover has given me the little push I needed to start learning about it. He can't answer all my questions, as we live half a world apart right now, so I'm looking for others who can teach me what I need to know before officially becoming Muslim. I can learn most things by myself, but I need some suggestions on what to research and learn about before making my decision. Thanks in advance. 

Just now, CarolBell said:

I've always disliked the way the Christians taught about God, and became an Atheist about a year and a half ago

Just like my story! Salam CarolBell :) welcome to the most amazing thing on earth that your soul wont get bored of.

You can start watching lectures for Sayed Ammar Nakshawani and hajj Hassanain. Sayed Ammar is more into hadith explanations, he tells us about our imam's lives their stories how they used to advise their friends and how they used to help people... Hajj Hassanain is more of a spiritual kind and you need both of them, his words are beautiful! Throughout your listening and reading you'll learn more on what you should do and what not. If you know arabic the options would be wider.

You can start by this

And of course you can read Nahjul Balagha. Trust me you'll get addicted.

Wassalam :)

Salam Alaikom, welcome to SHIACHAT, we all are eagerly waiting for your purposeful questions to participate and learn something new.