Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
StrugglingForTheLight

Coincidence? 12 number in Quran.

Rate this topic

8 hours ago, Student_of_Deen said:

@StrugglingForTheLight i`m waiting for your Tafsir of Quran 17:59.

Well the classical interpretations are all problematic because for example, former people rejecting signs in the past didn't prevent Isa from being sent with signs (miracles).

The problem with this, is that it looks like an excuse of why Mohammad [blessings be upon him and his family] did not bring miracles, which is highly inconsistent with the proofs Messengers are sent with.

Therefore to me it makes more sense it's not referring to ancients, but it's in context of the people demanding certain type of miracles, and Allah saying he would of sent even these if the first people who made such demands of miracles from people Mohammad is sent to didn't reject such miracles, and to emphasize on this, it said and God doesn't send miracles but to stir fear in people. Meaning the miracles were known to the people and they were making demands solely to reject the Messenger, and there would be no end to their demands.  However had the first of them making these demands from the Messenger did not reject the miracles, God would of given to their demands of these miracles they were demanding if it had a chance of causing them to fear God, ie. if they wanted more assurance he would of given it to them.

On 2/7/2016 at 1:59 PM, Skanderbeg said:

Salam, 

Prophecies of the Prophet s.a.w.?

Ahaadith to me don't have divine status as they have to you. Some were true while some were fabricated for political or ideological purposes. 

Same happened with the Bible which to me has the same status as ahaadith. Narrations from eye-witnesses of which some were reliable, some were ascribed to certain persons and some re-written. 

That is why Bible and Ahaadith contain so many contradictions. 

Alhamdulillah Quran is preserved against that.

Quran was confirmed by Allah, not by Bukhari or Muslim.

Walaykum As`salam,

if a hadith is proved to be the words of the Prophet (Peace be upon him) then how can it be taken lightly ?

i did not said the Ahadith are confirmed by Allah but those hadiths which are confirmed to be the words of the Prophet (Peace be upon him) are not to be lightly, especially if it`s a Mutawatir hadith.

On 2/7/2016 at 2:11 PM, Skanderbeg said:

Salam, 

Maybe this was the case in your ahaadith but in reality it means that the Ummah and lot of Sahaba went astray during that time. 

If so then why did Imam Ali a.s. rejected the Caliphate of Abu Bakr? If they were rightly guided then why did Imam Ali a.s. refuse to follow the Sunna of the Shaykhain? If they were rightly guided then why did Aisha fought Imam Ali a.s.? And if this prophecy is true then what about Ghaddir Khum?

You see? It is all written so beautiful in ahaadith and it's clear that it was for ideological and political purposes rather than holdong up the truth. 

If you'd ask me something went wrong from the first day the Prophet s.a.w. departed from us and this was because they neglected the truth. They can't change Quran so they tried to prove their point with ahaadith.

So student of deen. I don't know who is your teacher but does he teach you how to think for yourself or does he teach you WHAT to think? If so you're not a student but just a parrot. A copy from a copy.

i thought you were a logical person but you proved me wrong. you are calling me a parrot for countering the arguments used by you which you were taught by the Shia Hadith & books of history. if i`m a parrot then so are you. i don`t want to go off topic so i think we better end it here.

On 2/7/2016 at 9:23 PM, StrugglingForTheLight said:

Well the classical interpretations are all problematic because for example, former people rejecting signs in the past didn't prevent Isa from being sent with signs (miracles).

And how do you know by former people Allah is not referring to the Bani Israel as well ? 

On 2/7/2016 at 9:23 PM, StrugglingForTheLight said:

The problem with this, is that it looks like an excuse of why Mohammad [blessings be upon him and his family] did not bring miracles, which is highly inconsistent with the proofs Messengers are sent with.

Therefore to me it makes more sense it's not referring to ancients, but it's in context of the people demanding certain type of miracles, and Allah saying he would of sent even these if the first people who made such demands of miracles from people Mohammad is sent to didn't reject such miracles, and to emphasize on this, it said and God doesn't send miracles but to stir fear in people. Meaning the miracles were known to the people and they were making demands solely to reject the Messenger, and there would be no end to their demands.  However had the first of them making these demands from the Messenger did not reject the miracles, God would of given to their demands of these miracles they were demanding if it had a chance of causing them to fear God, ie. if they wanted more assurance he would of given it to them

the Prophet (Peace be upon him) did came with many miracles, the most important one being the Holy Qu`ran. but the problem was that the Mushrikeen of Mecca wanted a miracle of their choice which is why Allah revealed this verse warning them that Signs of Allah are not shown for fun because if a people reject Allah`s signs then his punishment descends on them. 

i got no clue how you are relating this verse to the Ahle Bayt.

Salam, 

Brother, what I meant was that not all but a certain amount of ahaadith were just made up for or to emphasize ideological purposes that are contradicting the course of history or other ahaadith as well. 

I should not have said that you're a parrot. We're in fact all sudents. The only thing that bothers me sometimes that people take things for granted without verifying, comparing it to the Quran, reason and historical souces which in most cases are not such a rosegarden as certain ahaadith.

Edited by Skanderbeg

3 hours ago, Student_of_Deen said:

i got no clue how you are relating this verse to the Ahle Bayt.

What I meant is, that there are Satanic traps regarding other verses of Quran and Satan tries to make us misinterpret Quran in many places.  The most thing he does is he tries to make us see no significance in an a verse while Allah [swt] has chosen these words out of infinite possible words.

3 hours ago, StrugglingForTheLight said:

What I meant is, that there are Satanic traps regarding other verses of Quran and Satan tries to make us misinterpret Quran in many places.  The most thing he does is he tries to make us see no significance in an a verse while Allah [swt] has chosen these words out of infinite possible words.

Look brother nobody can deny the great virtues and rights of the Ahle Bayt (ra) upon the Muslim Ummah. but you are taking it to a completely different level. 

Edited by Student_of_Deen