Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Theoneofall

Which is fastest growing sect in islam???

Rate this topic

Ahmadiyya is the fastest growing religion in Islam and you can even search that up. Just search up "What is fastest growing sect within islam?". Ahmadiyya started in 1800s and and still fastest growing. I am a ahmadi muslim and I think its growing fastest cuz its best! What you guys think?

Wow and that's your first post? True or not, I'm a sceptic

Brother forget speed, what about which sect is closer to the truth? I don't know if Wahabism is considered a sect but for me in the shortest of times they managed to produce the most units. Quantity YES, Quality NO!!!!! Hence doesn't matter.

Edited by saas

55 minutes ago, Theoneofall said:

Ahmadiyya is the fastest growing religion in Islam and you can even search that up. Just search up "What is fastest growing sect within islam?". Ahmadiyya started in 1800s and and still fastest growing. I am a ahmadi muslim and I think its growing fastest cuz its best! What you guys think?

I heard that the fastest growing sect was the Salafi movement but it's about quality not quantity. Besides it's generally accepted that the Ahmadiyyah are out of the fold of Islam because the Ahmadi reject that Muhammad (saws) was the last prophet, insisting that Mirza Ghulam Ahmad was a prophet as well, hence it's followers are not considered Muslim. Anyway, welcome to SC.

1 hour ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Besides it's generally accepted that the Ahmadiyyah are out of the fold of Islam because the Ahmadi reject that Muhammad (saws) was the last prophet, insisting that Mirza Ghulam Ahmad was a prophet as well, hence it's followers are not considered Muslim. Anyway, welcome to SC.

No they don't? They consider Mirza Ghulam Ahmad as rather a messiah or Mehdi. I have had an Indian friend whose an Ahmadi and he has been on Umrah recently. They also adhere to the same Shahada as all other Muslims. Totally Muslim.

The are shockingly heavily prosecuted in countries like Pakistan, where their first Nobel Prize winner was Abdus Salam a theoretical physicist who was an Ahmadi. In fact the first ever Noble Prize in science achieved by a Muslim. He was disrespected in Pakistan his whole life time, even his grave stone has been defaced. A great man respected by the entire world, who came from a thankless country.

Edited by Zendegi

6 minutes ago, Zendegi said:

No they don't? They consider Mirza Ghulam Ahmad as rather a messiah or Mehdi. I have had an Indian friend whose an Ahmadi and he has been on Umrah recently. They also adhere to the same Shahada as all other Muslims.

The are shockingly heavily prosecuted in countries like Pakistan, where their first Nobel Prize winner was Abdus Salam a theoretical physicist who was an Ahmadi. In fact the first ever Noble Prize achieved by a Muslim. He was disrespected in Pakistan his whole life time, even his grave stone has been defaced. A great man respected by the entire world, who came from a thankless country

As I understand it, the Ahmadi claim that because Mirza Ghulam Ahmad was the Mahdi and Masih, he had some form of prophethood bestowed on him but he did not come with a new law nor did he seek to change the sharia revealed to Muhammad, rather they claim that Mirza Ghulam was meant to revive and re-establish was revealed to Muhammad (saws). Furthermore, Mirza Ghulam himself and the Ahmadis claim his prophethood is not a new and separate prophethood but rather a continuation of Muhammad's (saws) prophethood.   

3 hours ago, Zendegi said:

No they don't? They consider Mirza Ghulam Ahmad as rather a messiah or Mehdi. I have had an Indian friend whose an Ahmadi and he has been on Umrah recently. They also adhere to the same Shahada as all other Muslims. Totally Muslim.

The are shockingly heavily prosecuted in countries like Pakistan, where their first Nobel Prize winner was Abdus Salam a theoretical physicist who was an Ahmadi. In fact the first ever Noble Prize in science achieved by a Muslim. He was disrespected in Pakistan his whole life time, even his grave stone has been defaced. A great man respected by the entire world, who came from a thankless country.

There are two subsects of Ahmadiyah. One believes Mirza Ghulam Ahmad was a messiah, a Mahdi. They don't explicitly call him a nabi but ascribe nabi-like qualities to him. The other group is bolder. They consider him a nabi who was sent to reinforce Muhammad's (pbuh) prophethood. 

I agree about Professor Abdus Salam and stand against religious/political oppression of Ahmadiyah whether or not we consider them Muslims. Bahais are treated the same way in Iran minus mob attacks. 

5 hours ago, Theoneofall said:

I was not aware of it. If the base is small, the potential to grow is generally higher.

According to you, what kind of people are being converted?

Any specific strong points which are attractive to the potential converts?

leave all [edit]  and creating new sects every day lets all unite under one banner of laa ilaha illahllah Muhammed rasulullah, love for ahlul bayt and shariyat and Quran of Muhammed(S).

thats it there is nothing else secretive in Islam. this is universal solution of all problems we are facing today.

Edited by starlight
impolite slang

13 hours ago, Theoneofall said:

Where were these Ahmadis 1400 years ago back in the time of prophet? No one of them was present. What islam they talk about now? What their connection we can find with true Islam?

As far as  Islam is concerned it is the fast growing religion in the world:

http://brilliantmaps.com/fastest-religion/

I have ahmadi family members and yes they do adhere to Islamic principles more-so 'Sunni' principles however they believe that the founder was the Mahdi? Did Ghulam Ahmad speak Arabic like Mahdi will?

24 minutes ago, DnA said:

Did Ghulam Ahmad speak Arabic like Mahdi will?

He was a scholar of Arabic and a very effective debater against Christian missionaries in India. It's his charisma and debating skills that got him a lot of followers initially.

2 hours ago, Marbles said:

He was a scholar of Arabic and a very effective debater against Christian missionaries in India. It's his charisma and debating skills that got him a lot of followers initially.

Yeah, the place where he was from wasnt religious as such, so it would have been easy to change peoples perceptions

salafi/wahabi is the fastest growing. they do the most dawah from what i have seen, most reverts in the west become muslims at the hands of salafi dawah. many young sufi/barelvi sunnis are becoming salafis as they see the heavily south east asian culturally influenced sect of barelvi sunni islam as stupid.  the ahmadiya cult is dying out as we speak, insha Allah

53 minutes ago, smiley123 said:

salafi/wahabi is the fastest growing. they do the most dawah from what i have seen, most reverts in the west become muslims at the hands of salafi dawah. many young sufi/barelvi sunnis are becoming salafis as they see the heavily south east asian culturally influenced sect of barelvi sunni islam as stupid.  the ahmadiya cult is dying out as we speak, insha Allah

Yes but they go from one extreme to another. Once they realise what salafism is all about, it will be nothing more than a temporary flirt.

Edited by Skanderbeg

Shia islam is definitely the fastest growing sect and that phenomena can be noticed in Africa especially in morocco , Algeria and Egypt

I do acknowledge the fact that there are some shiites who convert to sunnism but the percentage of Sunnis who convert to Shiism is greater 

(Just like some Muslims are converting to Christianity but in return MUCH MORE Christians are converting to Islam that's why Islam is growing)

There were no significant mass converts to sunnism (except the forced converts in Egypt who were done by sallahudin)

But we all know how Iranians converted to Shiism after being a Sunni nation 

Shi'ites also seem to be "vaccinated" against Sunni propaganda that's why they survived in Saudi Arabia despite it being the very source of wahhabism and they also ban spreading shia books while spending ALOT on promoting wahhabism in Shiites region

The issue is that people dont look at what happen beyond prophet mohammed (pbuh) death, so they'll speak to a muslim who will tell them a lot, expect for what happened after prophets death, many times even some religious sunnis i know struggle to tell me about the ahlulbayt, what happened in Karbala and even struggle with people such as Abu-Bakr, Umar etc, it's kind of one sided I guess you can say.

Any sect that considers the Umayyad dynastie as legitimate. I can never take it seriously. 

However I do believe that mainstream sunnism is about reconciling contradictions and opposite parties. It was actually a state religion which supports all the rulers who came into power and wishes not to oppose them wether they are good, bad or even contradicting islam as long they did not openly apostated. 

It's actually a political movement.

This in itself is, no matter what the intention was, anti-Quranic and anti-Islamic. The Holy Quran never told us that those from the jews and christians (or better said previous muslims) who were on the truth had to follow or to obey the parties from the jews and christians that separated from the truth. 

Edited by Skanderbeg

On 2015-12-31 at 6:15 PM, saas said:

Wow and that's your first post? True or not, I'm a sceptic

Brother forget speed, what about which sect is closer to the truth? I don't know if Wahabism is considered a sect but for me in the shortest of times they managed to produce the most units. Quantity YES, Quality NO!!!!! Hence doesn't matter.

Yes well you see ahmadiyya is true religion because of its bileafs too.  We bileave in the promised messiah to have come to guide Muslims to right path not any new teachings just like it says in Islam. The promised messiah also gave us real proof he's true messiah. The Quran says holy prophet may peace be upon, that he is the final messenger and seal of prophet which means he's the final person to bring new teachings, the promised messiah did not bring new teachings, he only guided Muslims to the ones that already are. Also look at Sunni and Shia, they divide into so many movements. Sunni have like salafi, etc but ahmadiyya only had 1. You could say we have 2 sects but not really since we don't work together with them like you guys do with your Sunni movements. There is ahmadiyya and Lahore ahmadiyya, Lahore   Ahmadiyya just don't bileave in khlafat like  normal Ahmadi people do and there such little number of them too today. We are not Lahore Ahmadi though, ahmadiyya and Lahore ahmadiyya are 2 different sects since we don't work with them.

anyways let's talks about Sunni Shia and Ahmadiyya. Sunni Shia and their all movements work together to eliminate ahmadiyya and even kill us in Pakistan which is not following teaching of Islam.

And the reason I said we are fastest growing religion in the world Is to ask the disbileavers why Allah would help us Ahmadis so much if we're false religion

On 2015-12-31 at 7:09 PM, Gaius I. Caesar said:

I heard that the fastest growing sect was the Salafi movement but it's about quality not quantity. Besides it's generally accepted that the Ahmadiyyah are out of the fold of Islam because the Ahmadi reject that Muhammad (saws) was the last prophet, insisting that Mirza Ghulam Ahmad was a prophet as well, hence it's followers are not considered Muslim. Anyway, welcome to SC.

I'm pretty sure salafi is just a movement in sunnni

5 hours ago, Theoneofall said:

I'm pretty sure salafi is just a movement in sunnni

It is but the literalism in the Salafi movement and rejection of some traditional Sunni beliefs makes the Salafis quite distinct from the traditional Sunni madhabs. It might as well as be a different sect.

Edited by Gaius I. Caesar

Sunni and Shia are the true sects based on logic, quran and true historical accounts.

Sunni and Shia do differ slightly based on the events that took place after prophet muhammad(pbuh) died. I believe that the differences are still not that major compared to that of ahmadiyya. 

No offense( with due respect to your sect and opinions) I think believing ghulam mirza or any person who has no ties with Islam is kind of silly. Yeah you claim he is mehdi, but mehdi will come near judgment day and will be an arab who the whole world will recognize.