Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
FalconofMisk

Why is God sending the antichrist at a time ...?

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

I don't understand the reasoning behind the end times. We are told that the antichrist will reveal himself when all minor signs and some major have passed. This means at a time where most people are already atheist. Why is God sending him at a time when people doubt the existence of both God and the antichrist and view them as mythical creatures? If humans saw someone declare himself a God they will brandish him as crazy and move on. Me personally, it's not that I would doubt any miracles in front of me. I just won't have enthusiasm for them. At least currently there is no enthusiasm around religion. It's unfair that past people had the privilege of being with Prophet's and witnessing the height of spirituality among people. We today are at a time where religion is mocked, we have nothing to convince people that religion is true and there is indeed a creator God. Nobody is enthusiastic about God or faith, they are enthusiastic about living life. And I don't blame them, maybe I am doing something wrong trying to be practicing. Maybe I am wasting my life on religion. I seriously am getting to a point where I want to live like everybody else, drink, party, meet girls, etc....But for the life of me I can't doubt an existence of a God. I keep trying to hang in there and wait more, by the day I lose more patience. I don't understand religion. Christianity, Judaism and Islam. And the answers/explanations from religious people aren't adequate. 

And I also wonder how much more has to happen for the major signs to begin? Everybody is committing sin and they are not getting punished for it, on contrary getting rewarded for it. Everybody is living their lives, having fun and not dedicating one minute of remembrance to God. Why doesn't God bring us believers good news or let us know we are on right path? How much more do we have to go through this? It's making me begin to think religion is man made and if it is than wow, did it screw up the lives of many people. I would be a totally different person than who I am today if I wasn't born into Islam. Please don't tell me you can party, drink, have some fun and still be a good Muslim. Islam is clear in what it prohibits. 

Would appreciate answers from Sunni's and Shia's alike. Like I said I try to keep my faith alive. Don't give me answer that God is changing things but you just don't see it. People becoming a bit more religious means people are telling them selves that God is involved in the change. But I don't believe he has anything to do with it. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aslaam-o-alaikum,

When was there not a time when religion was mocked? What makes the current times any different?

'Most' people are not atheist, by the majority they are Monotheist. Whether practicing or not, that's besides the point. Since Islam is the fasting growing religion in the world it lends hope, not pessimism

What is your definition of antichrist and why do you believe he will be sent by Allah (swt)? (or did I miss something)

Brother it sounds to me, you are not doubting faith with reason but doubting your own willingness to adopt the practices of faith. It's the same as saying 'I Believe in God but I can't be bothered to follow through'. Yet you know very well those who spend in their ways of ignorance are equally suffering in worship of wealth and pleasure and all that which leaves us unfulfilled and vulnerable. There is no perfect 'living the life' utopia here on earth whether you are God-fearing or Atheist. It's all just an illusion, a trap concealed with enticed pleasures where man eventually finds his greatest losses both in this life and the next

Our experiences of God, Gods people and 'the good life' depends entirely on you. I live in the West and understand the dangers around me hence I choose my surroundings carefully from which not only am I enthusiastic but equally what and whom I find is full of enthusiasm (Muslims, Christians, Jews, etc).

Let not the ill-informed and corporate world of debauchery paint your life story, grab your own brush and paint yours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, saas said:

Aslaam-o-alaikum,

When was there not a time when religion was mocked? What makes the current times any different?

'Most' people are not atheist, by the majority they are Monotheist. Whether practicing or not, that's besides the point. Since Islam is the fasting growing religion in the world it lends hope, not pessimism

What is your definition of antichrist and why do you believe he will be sent by Allah (swt)? (or did I miss something)

Brother it sounds to me, you are not doubting faith with reason but doubting your own willingness to adopt the practices of faith. It's the same as saying 'I Believe in God but I can't be bothered to follow through'. Yet you know very well those who spend in their ways of ignorance are equally suffering in worship of wealth and pleasure and all that which leaves us unfulfilled and vulnerable. There is no perfect 'living the life' utopia here on earth whether you are God-fearing or Atheist. It's all just an illusion, a trap concealed with enticed pleasures where man eventually finds his greatest losses both in this life and the next

Our experiences of God, Gods people and 'the good life' depends entirely on you. I live in the West and understand the dangers around me hence I choose my surroundings carefully from which not only am I enthusiastic but equally what and whom I find is full of enthusiasm (Muslims, Christians, Jews, etc).

Let not the ill-informed and corporate world of debauchery paint your life story, grab your own brush and paint yours.

Walakium al salaam, by antichrist for us that would mean Dajjal. But in general interpret it as the end times. I don't get how with the modern lifestyle the end times hasn't approached. We have seen no definitive sign or hint from God that it is or that we are on right path. I'm not sure about your age group but with teens in the West they are facing a dilemma. In the West if you don't violate rules of Islam then there isn't much else to do. Especially if you grew up in schools without other Muslims. If you choose to bypass partying, dating, hooking up, being an @sshole, you pretty much missed out on everything in life(in the west). Now just observing these trends, I can tell 95% of teens/young adults indulge in these activities. The ones that don't are geeky geniuses. I don't get what more God wants to see in order to intervene. It tells me that we're either living a lie or apparently this is normal behavior which we have to accept. If that is the case I don't see point of living in the West. I know you will advise to be around Muslims more. Like I said though, if we are going to isolate our selves that reinforces the theme of Muslims being the 'other'. Unfortunately Palestine is in a miserable situation, I can't afford to go back there to live in a place under siege. Would also upset my parents. 

I feel like a total idiot missing out in high school, passed up every party, opportunity to meet girls, a big social circle all for the sake of religion thinking that good days are ahead. I was wrong, I feel like the only person that is kind, good hearted, abiding by the rules of Islam. And it cost me a $hit ton, excuse my language. If I live in the West, I'd rather live Western lifestyle which 98% of the other people live. You can't go through life as a young adult not mingling with women, drinking, etc....It's just not possible. Older folks don't understand this. I would love to be a practicing and happy person back home in Palestine. I am an abiding and sometimes practicing person in the West, but not happy. Because my culture doesn't fit well here. Let's be honest, West is not a place for abiding or religious people. PS, an abiding Muslim is like considered an extremist in the West, let alone practicing. It doesn't work with the secular culture, 'live your life like there's no tomorrow' phenomenah. 

Knowing that I won't be able to move, I will have to make a choice to embrace this lifestyle or continue living like an idiot waiting for God to give inspiration/hope for the faithful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, FalconofMisk said:

I don't understand the reasoning behind the end times. We are told that the antichrist will reveal himself when all minor signs and some major have passed. This means at a time where most people are already atheist. Why is God sending him at a time when people doubt the existence of both God and the antichrist and view them as mythical creatures? If humans saw someone declare himself a God they will brandish him as crazy and move on. Me personally, it's not that I would doubt any miracles in front of me. I just won't have enthusiasm for them. At least currently there is no enthusiasm around religion. It's unfair that past people had the privilege of being with Prophet's and witnessing the height of spirituality among people. We today are at a time where religion is mocked, we have nothing to convince people that religion is true and there is indeed a creator God. Nobody is enthusiastic about God or faith, they are enthusiastic about living life. And I don't blame them, maybe I am doing something wrong trying to be practicing. Maybe I am wasting my life on religion. I seriously am getting to a point where I want to live like everybody else, drink, party, meet girls, etc....But for the life of me I can't doubt an existence of a God. I keep trying to hang in there and wait more, by the day I lose more patience. I don't understand religion. Christianity, Judaism and Islam. And the answers/explanations from religious people aren't adequate. 

And I also wonder how much more has to happen for the major signs to begin? Everybody is committing sin and they are not getting punished for it, on contrary getting rewarded for it. Everybody is living their lives, having fun and not dedicating one minute of remembrance to God. Why doesn't God bring us believers good news or let us know we are on right path? How much more do we have to go through this? It's making me begin to think religion is man made and if it is than wow, did it screw up the lives of many people. I would be a totally different person than who I am today if I wasn't born into Islam. Please don't tell me you can party, drink, have some fun and still be a good Muslim. Islam is clear in what it prohibits. 

Would appreciate answers from Sunni's and Shia's alike. Like I said I try to keep my faith alive. Don't give me answer that God is changing things but you just don't see it. People becoming a bit more religious means people are telling them selves that God is involved in the change. But I don't believe he has anything to do with it. 

 

 

 

One thing that i find surprising is that we think or are waiting for him to appear(i.e the false messiah/dajjal) but what we dont realize is that he has ALREADY appeared, i mean look at the world around us, there is so much evil and corruption and misguidance and following of falsehood that it couldnt get any worse, the only worse/next  step would be another world war but to a higher level of immoral actions, i mean people are so lost , atheism is greatly on the rise, evil is so normal and propagated that it has made us that follow truth and good the odd ones out as if we are the ones doing evil 

Islam and Muslims are targeted like no other time and like no other people, we are getting slaughtered out there by other "so called Muslims" and from the other side the west wants to destroy us because they equate us to the people who want to kill us for not agreeing to their perverted views of religion and God 

you couldn't make the situation any worse, falsehood is so prevalent

my theory and still i stand by it, is that the Dajjal with the one eye is none other then media/Tv/anything with a screen, because every evil is made propagated by it and spread, literally every kind of wrong is made truthful by it 

and all those hadith about Dajjal doing "magic" also falls in the category of Tv because on Tv you can make things which are fake look entirely real , and it makes people believe al kinds of nonsense , and lets not forget Music , the Dajjal wil be known by leading people with Music, and again Tv falls into this category, because the main medium for music is Tv 

Israel spreads its lies via Tv , and distorts the oppressed as the perpetrators while the dictators are made to look like victims , just as the Dajjal was said to be doing, making false truth and truth false 

and the hadith about Jesus(PBUH) kiling the dajjal in Jerusalem, might relate to the fact that the Jews own all the media corporation and hence how they spread their lies, will be destroyed in Jerusalem 

Edited by mightymask

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, FalconofMisk said:

It's unfair that past people had the privilege of being with Prophet's and witnessing the height of spirituality among people. We today are at a time where religion is mocked, we have nothing to convince people that religion is true and there is indeed a creator God. Nobody is enthusiastic about God or faith, they are enthusiastic about living life. And I don't blame them, maybe I am doing something wrong trying to be practicing. Maybe I am wasting my life on religion. I seriously am getting to a point where I want to live like everybody else, drink, party, meet girls, etc....But for the life of me I can't doubt an existence of a God. I keep trying to hang in there and wait more, by the day I lose more patience. I don't understand religion. Christianity, Judaism and Islam. And the answers/explanations from religious people aren't adequate. 

It's making me begin to think religion is man made and if it is than wow, did it screw up the lives of many people. I would be a totally different person than who I am today if I wasn't born into Islam. Please don't tell me you can party, drink, have some fun and still be a good Muslim. Islam is clear in what it prohibits. 

Would appreciate answers from Sunni's and Shia's alike. Like I said I try to keep my faith alive. Don't give me answer that God is changing things but you just don't see it. People becoming a bit more religious means people are telling them selves that God is involved in the change. But I don't believe he has anything to do with it. 

 

 

 

Well you need to take solace in things which the Prophet said(Pbuh) such as "There will come a time when holding onto religion will be like holding onto burning coal" and other Hadith such as "There will come a time when people wil leave their houses in the morning a believer and return home a disbeliever" and see and realize that the miracle of the Prophet is still with us, He predicted all of this, so these things going on around us, should wake up your sleeping heart and give you warning signs , your problem is that you need to spend more time learning and reading hadiths so that you can identify these things 

Another point i want to make is that your question on "why doesnt something happen, somebody come, somebody make change, somebody do something..." well here is a thought, why dont you be the one? Of course your not the Mahdi(AJTF) but Khomeininh was not the Mahdi(AJTF) either and look how he liberated a nation 

We CAN still make changes to the world around us, but it takes sacrifice and hard work and dedication and effort , are you willing to do it? or do you want  somebody to change the world for you?

About your other point about "meeting girls and drinking and partying" you have to realize this, those things are not just DONE and no consequences happen, its not like you just do them and life goes on , there is major consequences, even if you cant sense it spiritually, then sense it physically, sleeping around will give you many health problems, if yo need a woman get married and you can enjoy her company and still stay halal, why does it have to be some girl from a party? does it not bother you that this woman had slept with maybe 100 other guys? doesn't that disgust you?

Same goes for alcohol, the damage it does to your brain, your liver, your body in general is not good, it also damages your wealth, it makes you spend your money on something that slowly and maybe even fast destroys you, it has NEGATIVE consequences, and if you have a personality that gets addicted you can become an alcoholic and flush your life down the toilet, look how many cases exist because of this , and alcohol has been proven to be a carcinogen(causes cancer) and maybe it might even get you to have a car accident 

God didnt forbid it by chance, and if you doubt God then dont doubt the wisdom of the Prophet regarding social issues and health issues 

If you want to have fun, go and do something that is halal and fun, go and play sport, go and play computer games, go rock climbing, go ride a horse, go join a gym or martial arts centre, go get a hobby , go and read books , go and STUDY YOUR RELIGION , spend time in worship and fasting with God , there is tonnes of things to enjoy in this life, it aint all either party or dont party 

 

Edited by mightymask

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I realize where you are coming from, however Since your question is regards to faith , religion, and laws , and we are supposed to abide to them, as muslims, It would be nice if you also ask these questions to yourself:

If Thomas Edison was busy partying like the rest of the population,do u think he would have the proper frame of mind to think and invent? 

Anyone with a passion to achieve a goal, regardless of religion , will refrain from anything that will delay/ stop  him/ her achieveing that goal.

Top athletes are constantly under strict decipline in order to BE FIRST AND STAY FIRST AND BEST.

And they do this all for dunya.

So, If Allah has wanted us to have decipline in Religion, because we too are supposed attain a goal wayyyyyy bigger and unimaginable than even the highest knowledge of dunya, so obviously we need more decipline.

This is what prophets and Imams gained.

Not only prophet or imams even a person like Asaf Barkhia the minister of Prophet Solomon, achieved such a high rank that Allah gave him one ASMA AZAM, and with that he brought the throne of Belquis under a blink of an eye.

Now up to this date , no technology could achieve this, which was achieved by someone Who was neither prophet nor imam, thousands of years ago....

This is what Allah gives his servants who obey him fully, while we serve our nafs and end up with AIDS, alcoholism.

So instead of ASMA AZAM , we end up with ASMA HAQEER.

So you choose to prove or choose to loose.

 

Thomas Edison:

Five percent of the people think; 
ten percent of the people think they think; 
and the other eighty-five percent would rather die than think.

*********

Last not least , we are absent, not Imam Mehdi ( a.s )

A

Edited by certainclarity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Appreciate the answers, all good and detailed. But as far as I know, God will will change in the end times. It's not something that we as humans will go out and change. Because frankly most humans are not on our side. They prefer the 'popular' lifestyle. Even back home. They just do better job of hiding it. They dont drink or try many guys/girls but stuff does happens. To respond to mightymask, these aren't things I want to but are required in order to be accepted in the West. There is no other side of the society. Partying is the way people socalize. Attend any major university in the West and try going without partying , meeting girls. It will result in you being considered antisocial/weird. If this culture is so widespread all over the world than did religion lose? What's God waiting for to change this around? Besides some Muslims, no one prefers the culture/lifestyle of the Prophets. So what is going to happen? We Muslims will get in cultural war with the rest of humanity? Or we will just accept it and than Islam will lose its importance? 

I find myself in a constant struggle of deciding who and what I should be. I can follow Islams rules but it comes at a price, I'm not happy doing so since I feel I don't fit in this society when I do so. Then I realize I could be someone else like everyone else, but it will mean I will feel personal guilt and also have troubles with the family. I don't have the guts to make permanent decision since I'm constantly learning/changing my views. 

I know many Muslims who play both characters and seem happy doing so. 

Edited by FalconofMisk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, certainclarity said:

This is what Allah gives his servants who obey him fully, while we serve our nafs and end up with AIDS, alcoholism.

 Well said.  ''عبدي أطعني تكن مثلي، تقل للشيء كن فيكون''

'I am the lord who says to something be and it will be, o my servant obey me and what I’ve ordered ill make you the ability to say to something be and it will be.' Any servant who is in full obedience to Allah in honor in forgiveness in sincerity to Allah can give him this ability. The quran proves it, not with a prophet not with a maassoum just an ordinary committed person.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2015 at 2:45 AM, FalconofMisk said:

Walakium al salaam, by antichrist for us that would mean Dajjal. But in general interpret it as the end times. I don't get how with the modern lifestyle the end times hasn't approached. We have seen no definitive sign or hint from God that it is or that we are on right path. I'm not sure about your age group but with teens in the West they are facing a dilemma. In the West if you don't violate rules of Islam then there isn't much else to do. Especially if you grew up in schools without other Muslims. If you choose to bypass partying, dating, hooking up, being an @sshole, you pretty much missed out on everything in life(in the west). Now just observing these trends, I can tell 95% of teens/young adults indulge in these activities. The ones that don't are geeky geniuses. I don't get what more God wants to see in order to intervene. It tells me that we're either living a lie or apparently this is normal behavior which we have to accept. If that is the case I don't see point of living in the West. I know you will advise to be around Muslims more. Like I said though, if we are going to isolate our selves that reinforces the theme of Muslims being the 'other'. Unfortunately Palestine is in a miserable situation, I can't afford to go back there to live in a place under siege. Would also upset my parents. 

I feel like a total idiot missing out in high school, passed up every party, opportunity to meet girls, a big social circle all for the sake of religion thinking that good days are ahead. I was wrong, I feel like the only person that is kind, good hearted, abiding by the rules of Islam. And it cost me a $hit ton, excuse my language. If I live in the West, I'd rather live Western lifestyle which 98% of the other people live. You can't go through life as a young adult not mingling with women, drinking, etc....It's just not possible. Older folks don't understand this. I would love to be a practicing and happy person back home in Palestine. I am an abiding and sometimes practicing person in the West, but not happy. Because my culture doesn't fit well here. Let's be honest, West is not a place for abiding or religious people. PS, an abiding Muslim is like considered an extremist in the West, let alone practicing. It doesn't work with the secular culture, 'live your life like there's no tomorrow' phenomenah. 

Knowing that I won't be able to move, I will have to make a choice to embrace this lifestyle or continue living like an idiot waiting for God to give inspiration/hope for the faithful. 

Brother, it sounds like your praying for the end of times to safeguard yourself from the trials and troubles ahead. It's like gambling with God, 'if you don't end the world now, I'm gonna slip because it's too hard'. That's a thought process lacking conviction and it's dangers are only too obvious. You have to separate the 'Inevitable' from the 'now' and focus on the 'now' alone. The end of times is a battle between Good and Evil. Likewise, our existence is also a battle between Good and Evil, if you are not winning in your own life what difference would of End of Times offer?

About 'living the life':  Quite frankly, I grew up in a similar/same environment and faced these dilemmas too. Sometimes we slip up bro, but I always understood not to bargain my faith due to prevalent temptations. Some of my friends took that route and almost 10 years later they still appear displeasured. They can't get enough and what they have acquired from worldly pleasure is never sufficient. Some of these friends are still partying and chasing women. Others, though the night-scene is behind them they worship money, self-respect and personal possessions. The ones who made plenty of money, or as you would say 'they are made', are still overly ambitious to make more and more. Give them a 5-bedroom home, they want 2, give them 10, they want the city, give them a city they want the country. It never ends. Those who chase worldly pleasures with the likes of intimacy and intoxication are no different, the pleasures begin with low dosage and eventually expand on higher in-takes or potentially fatal undertakings.

It's as dangerous as idol worshipping, a statue replaced with the statutes of those who intentionally defy God through disobedience.

Your presumption that in the West the vast majority can be painted with a single brush is somewhat wrong. At times during college/Uni, it was easy to form those opinions and even more easier to take the counter view. For instance, if you view your experiences of others with a favourably narrow lens you won't see the majority which are not partaking in such activities. Likewise, if you choose to be in certain social circles where this type of activity is on the rise you will be absent of the majority of social circles which do not. Even more importantly, if you choose your friends by preference of 'living the life', you will be absent of friends who may form the majority who are also living the life by the norms of happiness, peace and morality.

It's not the world around you which appears to be the norm, it's the choices you make, the places you visit, the friends you keep and what you allow yourself to be exposed to. If you believe your current standing is fine, away from such distractions, then brother try fixating your thoughts away from such distractions too as the good attractions are equal if not more (only if you choose to see).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...