Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Lookingforlight

What are your aims for 2016

Rate this topic

InshaAllah moving to a less expensive place to live, and spending less money on everything. Reading more free books at the library or online: http://www.al-islam.org/library/education-society

- Quit smoking (though that's been the aim every year)

- Quit Coke (nasty little delicious piece of work)

- Our local community centre works closely with Christians, Jews, Hindus, etc (inter-faith forums) and I've been absent for some time now. So planning on getting back on track...primarily to convert all Apple users to Android (Must go GREEN)

- MOST importantly Ziarah (Iraq) in 2016!! Haven't made the journey yet, so in top priorities list

1 hour ago, Lookingforlight said:

Quick question what is ziarat abd the significance of it, sorry im still a baby in islamic knowledge ...

So you're a convert, then?

Edited by pwwnd123

17 minutes ago, sidnaq said:

@apofomysback Astaghfirullah, there may be a child here, plz dont post such depressing things, may Allah help you become happy,and i am sorry you may feel thi way

lol @ a child ... the children here are more adult than i am and honestly, i couldn't care less about them 

On 12/29/2015 at 9:10 PM, Marbles said:

To do the things I were meant to do in 2015 but didn't/couldn't.

You mean..........in 2016 you want to accomplish the goals of 2015 which you should have done in 2014,because you promised them in 2012 and planned them in 2011?? :censored:

Edited by starlight

1 hour ago, starlight said:

You mean..........in 2016 you want to accomplish the goals of 2015 which you should have done in 2014,because you promised them in 2012 and planned them in 2012?? :censored:

This is just about right.

Some goals go across years to accomplish.

Getting married for instance :P

I share many goals with the rest of you.

Quitting coke is definitely one of them. I should take care with sugar overall. We barely have healthy alternatives, but it's better to choose the less harmful ones. I have even considered getting my own tea to the university to drink it there (I'm sure the rest of the teachers would appreciate it as well, the tea I got is way better than those teabags sold there xD).

Read! For God's sake, I have been intellectually dead since last summer. Time just passes SO fast! There is a good list of philosophy books awaiting me (not to mention the ones in politics and religion).

Wear normal casual clothes. For the last 7 years I have wore formal clothes, except in extremely rare ocassions. I want to wear jeans and tshirts for once (though I should buy some first xD).

Pay my pending taxes and start a startup xD! Considering working either in teaching kids and jobless people or working in localization for games in the ME.

Finish my master degree and start my doctorate for once!

I have more goals than I should be having in my opinion, but I have got used to this unrelaxed stressing lifestyle and can't stop it now that I realized I should be enjoying life a bit more. Once I finish, I will make sure to relax (/me buys a ticket to Zanzibar for next year xD)

@apofomysback, when hameedeh's avatar has the red hijaab means she's happy and likes the latest posts in the forum. She can't run out of *likes*. If she wears the dark one, hide xD! (Or try to change her mood by posting nice bread recipes xD).

Edited by Bakir

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2015 at 4:34 AM, saas said:

- Quit smoking (though that's been the aim every year)

- Quit Coke (nasty little delicious piece of work)

- Our local community centre works closely with Christians, Jews, Hindus, etc (inter-faith forums) and I've been absent for some time now. So planning on getting back on track...primarily to convert all Apple users to Android (Must go GREEN)

- MOST importantly Ziarah (Iraq) in 2016!! Haven't made the journey yet, so in top priorities list

guys ... You are making me happy

DOWN WITH SMOKING DOWN WITH. COKE

There is a documentary on sugar that we all should take a look at. Seriously, the effect of coke as well as many other products full of sugar is terrible.

The other day I was eating some integral light toasts (with some cheese :P) that were sold as a healthy organic product. Out of curiosity I picked the package and read its ingredients. It had sugar.

My aims for 2016

-Read quran and pray regularly

-Start my quest for knowledge 

-Picked up Urdu and then maybe Persian (i want to know both within 2 years then hopefully I can finally learn Arabic)

-Get fit