Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Confusedsomuch

Confused about christian family

Rate this topic

Assalamualaykum

I have a problem of over thinking alot. Some of my family is Christian and they come over sometimes and obviouslt use rhe toileta and all. When i travel i stay with them so i was wondering about the ruling of whether all christians are kaafir and if i use the same shower and hand towels i am najis because they used them when wet. Would this apply even if they washed their hands and then used the towels? Jazakallah

As-salaamu `alaikum,

Welcome to ShiaChat.

In order to answer this question it will be necessary to know which marja do you follow, because for example Sayyid Sistani says that the Ahlulkitab are ritually pure.

Question: What is the hokm (ruling) about Ahlul Kitab (people of the Book)? Are they clean? How should we deal with them?
Answer: The Ahlul Kitab (that is, the Jews, the Christians and the Zoroastrians) are ritually pure (tahir) as long as you do not know that they have become ritually impure (najis) by coming into contact with an impure object. You can follow this ruling when dealing with them.

http://www.sistani.org/english/qa/01268/

Question: Is it permissible to eat foods prepared by Christians and Jews?
Answer: Since the followers of the past revealed religions (that is, the Jews, the Christians and the Zoroastrians) are ritually pure, many of the problems concerning the status and permissibility of the food are resolved when we live in their midst. It becomes permissible for us as Muslims to eat from their food no matter whether they touched it with their wet hands or not as long as we do not know or are not sure that it consists of what is forbidden to us, like intoxicating drinks. As for meat, fat and their extracts, there are specific rules that will be discussed later on.

Question: Is it permissible permissible to eat from non Ahlul Kitãb people?
Answer: A Muslim is allowed to eat the food prepared by a non-Muslim who is not from Ahlul Kitãb [for example, a Hindu or a Buddhist], provided that he does not know or is not sure that the non-Muslim touched the food with wetness; and provided that he does not know or is not sure that the food consists of what is forbidden to him like intoxicating drinks. As for meat, fat and their extracts, there are specific rules that will come later on.

Question: What is the fatwa about Ahlul Kitab? Are they clean or unclean?
Answer: The Ahlul Kitab (that is, the Jews, the Christians and the Zoroastrians) are ritually pure (tahir) as long as you do not know that they have become ritually impure (najis) by coming into contact with an impure object. You can follow this ruling when dealing with them.

http://www.sistani.org/english/qa/01120/