Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Seeing Imam Mahdi

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Is it true there is a dhikr you can repeat to see imam mahdi in a dream? From the lecture I was listening to, it must be repeated in big numbers over 40 day or 40 week period, and the dream will practically lead you to him... this lecturer didnt cite any sources though...

• Advanced Member

Although it is important wish to see and meet your Imam, but more important than this is to follow your imam and be like one, so your imam meets you himself without you asking for it.

Those who saw the Prophet themselves, including the 1st, 2nd and the 3rd imams, they still refuted them, threw arrows at them, fought against them, usurped their rights and so on.

Yes, Dua Ahad would get you there, but if you commit any major sin or do not do you wajibat with proper importance, its no use.

• Advanced Member

@narsis and @Irfani313 thank you so much for pointing this out--so often we say we love our Imam just by tongue, and not by actions.

Inshallah, with the occasion of tomorrow being the beginning of the Imamat of Imam Zaman, we can all become worthy of meeting our Imam Inshallah.

Edited by Sumayyeh
  • Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Irfani313 said:

Although it is important wish to see and meet your Imam, but more important than this is to follow your imam and be like one, so your imam meets you himself without you asking for it.

Wish more Christians felt this way about Jesus...

8 hours ago, narsis said:

Bismillah.

Salaam.

The most important and greatest barrier of visiting Imam al-Hujjah (may Allah s.w.t. hasten his reappearance) is doing sins and not doing Waajibaat.

With Duas.

Narsis.

The question is can we really do our wajibats and avoid sins without the help of the Imam and his company in the first place?

• Advanced Member

Well said dear brother. I agree fully, Deen without love is an empty shell. Love backed by reason and obedience, yes definitely since this is the true meaning of the word moadda that I'm sure you are referring to as opposed to houb which is only affiliation but not the obedience. So yes Islam without moadda is empty shell and would turn us into heartless wahabi tinpot.

2 hours ago, StrugglingForTheLight said:

The question is can we really do our wajibats and avoid sins without the help of the Imam and his company in the first place?

So, when you refuse to perform salat or you commit fornication, it is the fault of the Imam??!

• Advanced Member

Assalam alaikum

.   To get help from someone,you need to be an eligible candidate for receiving help.Like you wan't a job,there are vacancies say in four companies,but your need can be fulfilled i mean you get a job only when you meet the required and defined standard.It is similar with religion.if you wan't help from particular religious entity,you need to be like them,,meaning you need to study their character and adopt and make yourself close in character and duties similar to the religious entity you ask from.If you succeed,then you will see miracles and all those around you will be witness to the healing of mind and body that you receive through the spiritual person.So be it a Paigambar or Imam a.s that you ask help from,you need to be a suitablle candidate for receiving help.

Edited by bitto
6 hours ago, أبو فاطمة المحمدي said:

So, when you refuse to perform salat or you commit fornication, it is the fault of the Imam??!

Allah [swt] says he would not care for us where in not for our Du'as. It is essential we ask for Allah's help. Without a clear proof from God,  none of us will not sin and perform our obligations. That is why it is essential before getting serious of avoiding haram and doing wajibat, to get recognize the clear proof of God and his religion and the path ordained by him. This is not possible without the help and guidance of God. Of course, a sincere prayer and little effort is all that is needed to find this proof. God will guide and help. We cannot sin and then say it's the fault of God if he doesn't help us stop sinning, because, it's on our part to sincerely seek God's help. One of the forms of God's help and most important one described in the Quran, and the primarily meant by "those who believe in the unseen", is the help of the Imam from an incredible power he has that he can use to show the way, appear to the heart of his followers, and show them inwardly the steps they need to follow.

Whoever is the opinion God will not help him with this help, has already despaired of God's help and mercy. It is essential we come to God with belief in this help and turn to him sincerely often asking him to guide us by Imam's hands.

Essentially, if we don't sincerely pray to God or believe in his guidance or unseen help, then yes we will sin and not perform our wajibat nor will we understand the religion as it ought to be understood.  The same is true if we don't seek the help of the Imam from God.

And if God and Imam don't help, yes we will remain in darkness of sins.

Edited by StrugglingForTheLight
  • Advanced Member

to receve guidance, one needs to read some books on religion,attend majlis or listen at home.Sitting idle and waiting for help or  guidance is of  no use.One needs to do something to receive that guidance.One cannot just sit idle and blame God for not helping or indulge in sin saying that he or she did not receive guidance concerning it.So just make it incumbent upon your ownself to listen to islamic lectures atleast forty or read them  so that a certain portion of guidance and help reaches you.Suppose that you were too busy in Moharram,listen to the uncompleted number of majlis afterwards ,you can listen on every thursday or Sunday as you can.It will definitely reduce your sin and you will receive help and guidance.

• Advanced Member

Salam Dear brothers and Sister and specially sister "Bitto".

I think the posts by sister Bitto and brother Struggling sum it all up.

I'm emphasizing sister Bitto here because I've been a reader of SC for a long long time without being a member and it is nice to see a veteran Shia Chatter coming back to SC.

Salawat for brother and sister mentioned above!!

• Advanced Member

I know that there was a dua to see the Prophet Mohammed(SAW). Forgot what is was. But I did try it once and I kept thinking of the Prophet before I slept. If I remember correctly a night or two later I had a dream where people gathered at a location that I can pinpoint. It was like our souls moved around but we were in bodies. All I remember was walking into a crowd with people in traditional Arab clothing all faced towards a man. Some of them trying to get on their heels to see. They were all talking, it sounded like a loud gathering. I went around some people and tried to cut my way through. I saw a man in a sky blue thobe staring at the ground. He looked disappointed/saddened/angry and his lips were shut. He was still. Only saw the left side of his face. My conclusion was that my thoughts manufactured this dream and brain combined several images I've seen from the past to create this experience. So I doubt I saw the Prophet(SAW).

• Advanced Member
On 12/25/2015 at 4:02 PM, anonymike said:

In sha Allah if I see him, i will become shia, if Allah allows me to see him through this dua and purifying myself, in sha Allah, I will try my best...

Insha'Allah brother, I pray for that too--and I can assure you that it is the wish of all devout Shia to be able to see him. But do know that Imam Mahdi sees you and is aware of you. He also prays for us, and is saddened if, God Forbid, we fall into sins. So, building your connection with him does not depend on you physically seeing him, nor is it an imperative for us to have faith in him--perhaps there is a wisdom behind it. I invite you to build your relationship through these duas, and know that he is present when you call out out to him, or send Salam to him. In fact, I don't know if you have noticed, but whenever his name is mentioned out loud, or Salam is made to him...we all stand up (if we are sitting)--because he's present, and so we stand out of respect. 

• Advanced Member
58 minutes ago, ImamAliwabas said:

Just wanted to comment that i finally Saw Imam Mahdi as in my dream about 2 weeks ago and i never made any dua and wasn't even thinking about him. It was a life changing experience.

really..... it sounds amazing can u tell a bit more??

• Advanced Member
37 minutes ago, mj1 said:

really..... it sounds amazing can u tell a bit more??

He didn't say anything but i saw a close up view of his face he was very white with bright  eyes and neat trim thin beard no mustache and a calm beautiful confifident smile, It seemed like he was here and ready for his mission.His uniform was kind of Yemeni Arab but i could be wrong. 

• Basic Members

Salam and Taufa Ya Ali Madad !

Anonymike I,m shocked to see that you have put a condition that you will convert to shiaism if you see Imam Mehdi A.S.(ajfa) . My dear friend what makes you think of such an absurd idea, it sounds like as if (God forbids) Imam is desperate for you....But if Allah wishes to give you Hadayat or enlightment it will happen but do not ever put a stipulation such as you have. 

• Advanced Member
On 1/8/2016 at 0:30 PM, Syed Touqir Irtiza Ali Sh said:

Salam and Taufa Ya Ali Madad !

Anonymike I,m shocked to see that you have put a condition that you will convert to shiaism if you see Imam Mehdi A.S.(ajfa) . My dear friend what makes you think of such an absurd idea, it sounds like as if (God forbids) Imam is desperate for you....But if Allah wishes to give you Hadayat or enlightment it will happen but do not ever put a stipulation such as you have. 

Got a little caight up... You are right brother, but i didnt mean it as a stipulation or requirement, i have been coming closer to ahlul bagt over the pass 2 weeks without seeing him... 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
On 31 December 2015 at 5:29 PM, Sumayyeh said:

ISo, building your connection with him does not depend on you physically seeing him, nor is it an imperative for us to have faith in him--perhaps there is a wisdom behind it. I invite you to build your relationship through these duas, and know that he is present when you call out out to him, or send Salam to him. ...

Sumayyeh, you write and reason at a very high level. That is an excellent post.

In some ways, the glory of the Hidden Imam, is itself a hidden treasure of the Shia faith. There are untold numbers of monotheists, good believers, and religious people, who do not know of this, and it is not required of them. I think that those who have Shia hearts (who have been called into the faith, as I have been) find that when the wonderful story of the Twelfth Imam is told to them, they are thrilled by it. The beauty of the life of Imam Mehdi, and the mystery of his occultation, is known to those who have the privilege of being part of this tradition. When I first heard the story of the Twelfth Imam - I thought - that is it - that is the reason why the Shias are different. That is "what they have got." 

• Advanced Member
On 1/26/2016 at 0:29 AM, BlackVeil said:

Sumayyeh, you write and reason at a very high level. That is an excellent post.

In some ways, the glory of the Hidden Imam, is itself a hidden treasure of the Shia faith. There are untold numbers of monotheists, good believers, and religious people, who do not know of this, and it is not required of them. I think that those who have Shia hearts (who have been called into the faith, as I have been) find that when the wonderful story of the Twelfth Imam is told to them, they are thrilled by it. The beauty of the life of Imam Mehdi, and the mystery of his occultation, is known to those who have the privilege of being part of this tradition. When I first heard the story of the Twelfth Imam - I thought - that is it - that is the reason why the Shias are different. That is "what they have got." 

Thank you so much sister...honestly, I just reiterate what I've learned from the teachers...

I loved the part where you said,"I think that those who have Shia hearts (who have been called into the faith, as I have been) find that when the wonderful story of the Twelfth Imam is told to them, they are thrilled by it."

The concept of the Faraj (which literally means "relief") and is embodied by the Imam Mahdi is in itself a huge source of comfort and hope. With all the tragedies and heart-breaking events around us, we  pray for the Faraj and for his reign of justice...and this is itself is so powerful...he's our best friend...He is the Imam of Our Time...we're never left Imam-less :)

btw, if you haven't checked it out...check out the videos towards the end of this thread:

Is it true there is a dhikr you can repeat to see imam mahdi in a dream? From the lecture I was listening to, it must be repeated in big numbers over 40 day or 40 week period, and the dream will practically lead you to him... this lecturer didnt cite any sources though...

Asalaam alaikum,

What happened brother, any update, did you recieve a vision?

Edited by Mr. Anderson
On 31/01/2016 at 1:47 PM, Mr. Anderson said:

Asalaam alaikum,

What happened brother, any update, did you recieve a vision?

Yes i'm interested to know as well....

But since the day i posted i have had seen him(aS) at least three times. But I hope OP gets what he is looking for.... May Allah(Swt) make it happen for him as well.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2015 at 5:45 PM, Irfani313 said:

Those who saw the Prophet themselves, including the 1st, 2nd and the 3rd imams, they still refuted them, threw arrows at them, fought against them, usurped their rights and so on.

Yes, Dua Ahad would get you there, but if you commit any major sin or do not do you wajibat with proper importance, its no use.

Very well said brother, Thank you and May Allah swt make all of your dreams come true INSHALLAH, AMEEN.