Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Near Death Experience in Shia aHadeeth

Rate this topic

• Forum Administrators

Near death experience is interesting. My mother (Christian) "died" and was resuscitated, kept in Intensive Care and not allowed visitors. I was distraught and my husband told all his friends to remember her when they prayed Dua Kumayl. When she was released from ICU, I asked her what happened. She said they told her that she died, her heart stopped beating, her lungs stopped working and her kidneys failed. I asked her if she saw a light at the end of the tunnel (common thing many people see) and she said "No, just darkness, but it was peaceful; I'm not afraid to die now." 

• Advanced Member
20 hours ago, hameedeh said:
20 hours ago, hameedeh said:

She said they told her that she died

''No, just darkness, but it was peaceful; I'm not afraid to die now."

Salam dear sister, Who told her she died?

Thats weird, usually Christian souls are afraid of death.

• Forum Administrators

Sorry for being off-topic, without any hadith, but since I was asked, it was a doctor and nurses that spoke to my Mom and my Dad and said that she had died. Her heart, lungs and kidneys all stopped working. Maybe my Mom was not afraid to die because she had accepted my becoming a Muslim, and when my oldest brother said that my husband and kids and I would go to Hell (for not believing in the Trinity), she told me no, that we would not be in Hell. She knew a lot about Islam because my husband and I always answered her questions. She felt okay with Islamic laws of hijab and taharat, although she felt that she was too old to change her ways. 

• 3 weeks later...

MashaAllah.

Allah, the Most Merciful and Kind is clearly aware of the conditions of all his creatures. As long as u keep striving hard to purify yourself from sin, & to be morally & spiritually good, inshaAllah death would be a blessing to u...wherever u are, he (the one above) would surely guide u through. Allah's JUSTICE is beyond human thoughts.

• Advanced Member

A point to note is that in near death experiences (NDEs) people do not die permanently, they die and them come back, and this fact is obviously known from beforehand to those in the higher world who receive them. Whereas the ahadith which you have mentioned are about people who die for real, or are about to. NDEs are therefore more akin to mystical experiences and should be treated as such, i.e. they should be treated as fallible experiences which most likely contain truth and falsehood in them mixed together.